PowerColor Releases Ad for Upcoming AMD GPU

nunya bus

How stupidly biased can you get? The advertisement is pretty damn obviously saying that this card is meant for the 1% that uses 4K. You don't use the words "the most advanced graphics card in the world" and then say it's only good at a lower resolution.

I think you guys are reading it wrong.

They said 99% of gamers don't game on 4K yet. But 1080p is not enough. So they may be bringing 4K to those 99% of gamers.

I didn't see anything about 1440p

That's the way I read it prior reading to everyone's else comments below.

Whatever their intention was, it's not very good writing. It can go either way and isn't very clear.

If 99% of gamers don't run on 4K, why would 1080p not be enough? 

It should say, "99% of gamers don't run on 4K, now they can! The Most Advanced Graphics Card in The World."

The add is vague at best. It seems like it's aimed at 4k, but it's putting it in a negative light, which I don't understand. Odd.

Whatever their intention was, it's not very good writing. It can go either way and isn't very clear.

It should say, 99% of gamers don't run on 4K, now they can!

it actually says "when 1080p gaming is not enough."

seems clear enough.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Wait why does this mean that its not for 4K. To me it sounds like most people don't play above 1080 with this card you are the 1%! 

I hope they push 1440 and 1600p and monitor companies start making more panels. I would love to see some 1440p TV's too!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

*sees another AMD GPU tease*

*hides back under rock*

There hasnt been any other tease iirc, just rumor mills.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

It should say, "99% of gamers don't run on 4K, now they can! The Most Advanced Graphics Card in The World."

Or it could be this....

You're not understanding their message.  

The point is that their new card is meant to cater to the 1% of the market by being "the most advanced graphic card in the world".  

Also no one needs 6-8 GB of VRAM for 4K.

I don't actually know which message is correct. That is bad writing in thier part indeed.

But I still don't read it as a 1440p card. I know it has to do with the card able to do 4K.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

"The most advanced graphic card in world"

Did AMD fire every single native English speaker? That looks like it's been run through Google Translate half a dozen times.

Please let this card be better than its marketing.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

It should say, 99% of gamers don't run on 4K, now they can! The Most Advanced Graphics Card in The World.

Yeah, they really could have worded it better. Are they trying to say that only the 1% will buy it or that the other 99% can now use 4k because of it? It's more than likely that this is meant for the 1% as the price point is going to be too high to bring in the average gamer.

Did anyone notice it says "The most advanced graphics card in world"? Lol. Even worse proofreading than WCCF articles, color me impressed xD

"The most advanced graphic card in world"

Multiple errors even. Lol.

Wait, so this is from powercolor? its not even an ad from AMD themselves. 

The title of this thread really needs to be changed to reflect this fact, aside from the assumptions of OP.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I think you guys are reading it wrong.

They said 99% of gamers don't game on 4K yet and that 1080p is not enough for us. So they may be bringing 4K to those 99% of gamers.

I didn't see anything about 1440p. AMD released some 4K freesync monitors already, so it doesn't make sense for their flagship to be only "suitable" for 1440p.

That's the way I read it prior reading to everyone's else comments.

Amd does not release freesync moniters they release software for freesync. Monitor makers release 4k freesync monitors and has no control over what they do.

The title of this thread really needs to be changed to reflect this fact, aside from the assumptions of OP.

This.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

So AMD has released this Advertisement.

AMD did not release this advertisement. It was posted by PowerColor on their Facebook page for their Fiji giveaway.

this is why Fiji is only 4GB because it doesn't have the ability or capacity to run the 6-8GB of memory for 4K 

Fiji will run 4GB for now because of memory and space limitations. Once HBM2 becomes readily available you can be sure AMD will be at the first in line to push out an 8GB model. We all would like to see 8GB out of the gate but keep in mind that density is not everything.

So this is either a response to the constant berage of hate and ridicule that everyone is giving AMD for launching a sub par product. 
And they are re marketing this card. The problem is. 
They. Have conceded that Titan X will be a better card. it does 4K and well. and so will the 980 TI. 

Why on earth you think it won't handle 4k is beyond me. Even the R9 290X and GTX 980 can handle 4k quite well but both are lacking in shader horsepower.

So what I can deduce from all these Teasers . I mean terrible work again AMD, you are late! enough with the teasing... .Seriously 

the Fiji card will be a 980 beater by 10% So it may perform as well as 980Ti. But it will not beat a titan (AT 4K) it may do well at 1440P but NVidia will hold the 4K crown. 

You think that Fiji is only going to outperform the GTX 980 by 10%? Are you even joking right now? 99% of people reading my reply are probably about to like it because they know just as well as everyone else of how much of a bullshit statement that really is. Fiji is based off graphics IPv8 which is Tonga (R9 285) that originally had a hybrid HBM/GDDR5 controller (so it didn't perform as well as it should of). Fiji will be a straight competitor for the TITAN X.

the 980Ti 's are the better choice until AMD launch 8GB Fiji 

unless the Fiji is cheaper than a 980. 
Forget it if its dearer than a 980Ti, or on par with a titan 

So you're right back to the 4GB being a limitation which as explained above is not a huge problem. Sure there could of been more memory put on the card and we all would like that but 4GB isn't going to make the card tank in any way as long as the driver is optimizing the texture buffer efficiently.

it actually says it actually says "for when 1080p is not enough."

seems clear enough.

It doesn't make sense at all. There's clearly more than one persons in this thread who was confused by the wording. So obviously it's not very clear.

"99% of gamers don't run on 4K" should not even be included in that statement if you are following it with "When 1080p is not enough." You are insinuating that 4K is an obsolete resolution because 99% of the people don't run it, then you follow it with 1080p is not enough making it a point that beyond 1080p resolution is an ideal scenario. It's almost a double negative.

Or it could be this....

I don't actually know which message is correct. That is bad writing in thier part indeed.

But I still don't read it as a 1440p card. I know it has to do with the card able to do 4K.

I understand both points of view, but like I said it's definitely bad writing on their part.

Yeah, they really could have worded it better. Are they trying to say that only the 1% will buy it or that the other 99% can now use 4k because of it? The most confusing part is that, at it's price point, it's probably not going to be a card for your average gamer. If it comes out at around 200$ and is mass produced, it will definitely bring the 99% to 4k.

Yeah I agree, it could have definitely been worded better.

Yeah this is from Powercolor it was released about 5 days ago, I was going to post it myself but I decided not to which is why I have the sources.

I hope they push 1440 and 1600p and monitor companies start making more panels. I would love to see some 1440p TV's too!

Would be no point, 4K TV's are already out.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

It doesn't make sense at all. There's clearly more than one persons in this thread who was confused by the wording. So obviously it's not very clear.

"99% of gamers don't run on 4K" should not even be included in that statement if you are following it with "When 1080p is not enough." You are insinuating that 4K is an obsolete resolution because 99% of the people don't run it, then you follow it with 1080p is not enough making it a point that beyond 1080p resolution is an ideal scenario. It's almost a double negative.

I understand both points of view, but like I said it's definitely bad writing on their part.

Yeah I agree, it could have definitely been worded better.

you should contact powercolor and complain then.

I have changed the title of the thread and added sources.

To be clear this ad is created by PowerColor, not by AMD.

Thanks Glen. I didn't realize it was power colour 

it still raises more questions. omission  is just as power as admissions 

The Fiji XT has 4096 shader cores, twice as much as a GTX 980 and R9 290X. I don't know how it could possibly be just a 1440p card unless hindered by RAM.