Industry Standad DxOMark rates the M9 camera below iPhone 4S, Galaxy S3 and Amazon Firephone, and barely beating the M8

jNcTpLW.png

If you're wondering who and what DxO is, they are a testing body who look at the objective side of things when it comes to camera perforce. None of the "it looks good", just a raw analysis of the hardware and how it performs, usually in studio/ideal conditions, to see just what good the tech underneath really is. 

And for the HTC One M9? The tech is kinda shitty. I mean, when you aren't even beating a 4S in objective tests designed to see where your sensors and software excel/fail...that kinda says it all doesn't it? 

It seems that the HTC One needs a software boost before it needs a sensor boost, given how the sensor itself isn't actually bad at all, which is frustrating given all the things HTC has been doing that they screwed the pooch on the camera software along with all the other hardware related mistakes of the One M9. 

Android users have no fear however, the Note 4, S6 and G4 are all stellar shooters with very robust software to complement their sensors to give you a great shooting experience. 

O5TonWw.png

Plot__001__740-2.png

Plot__Photo__740.jpg

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/HTC-One-M9-Review-M8-s-successor-on-DxOMark/HTC-One-M9-Imaging-Results

Well then... That's kinda sad...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm surprised the GS6 Edge placed the highest. But really, it was THAT shitty?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

no surprise there but im surprised the galaxy s6 and note 4 cameras place so high

HTC really needs to get it together with their camera software

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

-snip-

(i don't yet know how the snip thing works :P)

And my friend told me the M8 camera was good. I should show him this so he HAS to admit that HTCs camera's are (bulls........) not good :>

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Dammit, HTC, you took a good sensor and screwed it up. Fix your camera software already.

Dammit, HTC, you took a good sensor and screwed it up. Fix your camera software already.

They're too busy having a god awful chin bar.

At least other phones with big top and bottom bezels have ONE large section. Not two disjointed sections which ruin it even more. At least my 6+ is consistent. HTC keeps coming up with BS on NEEDING that chin.

Lazy engineering is lazy.

I'm surprised the GS6 Edge placed the highest. But really, it was THAT shitty?

Very sadly it seems it was worst than that :P

Groomlake Authority

At least other phones with big top and bottom bezels have ONE large section. Not two disjointed sections which ruin it even more. At least my 6+ is consistent. HTC keeps coming up with BS on NEEDING that chin.

I've decided I'm keeping my Windows Phone for another year and hopefully, HTC will get it right in 2016. My contract will be up by then anyway.

If they didn't take so many missteps with the M9, they coulda had a great phone in their hands. But unfortunately it fell short of what I was hoping it would be.

I'm surprised that both the GS5 and Nexus 6 placed higher than the 5s. 

Very sadly it seems it was worst than that :P

Really, this is shitty. A GoPro has a better camera, and it isn't even that good. smh

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

AWKwaaaaaaaarrrd. But hey, if you're a die hard HTC fan, this would be an upgrade right? So that's good news. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Using an HTC 8 right now, the chin bar never bothered me yet and I know I prefer it to a mono rear speaker, so if that's the trade I have to make, I'll make it every day, if the chin bar means a bigger battery, I'll gladly take it.

I think the HTC 9 is the best looking phone out there, after they got rid of that stupid duo camera, too bad they botched a lot of the rest of it.

In topic with the thread, id hate to see the nexus 4s score, as it is the worst camera I've used since flip phones, I've used $200 Samsung with better cameras

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

If htc were to sort the camera out then they would be the android phone to beat as it is ....meh

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

When I saw the title, I thought you referred to Leica M9. :lol:

Currently using an S3 as my daily driver, and yes I do have to admit the camera is better then my M8's.

"Rawr XD"

U wot M9?

Also if the Amazon Fire Phone has the same score as the M9, why is the bar higher?

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

This is probably why I will never buy a HTC Phone...

And the Metal construction as well.

the m8 was a good phone and whats wrong with metal?

I'm surprised that both the GS5 and Nexus 6 placed higher than the 5s. 

Because they are actually better than the 5s ? this is not news

I've had both the 5s (stolen) and the GS5 which is my daily now and as far as i like apple products i have to say samsung really got their shit together with the s5's camera this thing is freaking amazing

Hey hey even the Lumia 925 is better than the M9..