Racist searches in Google Maps send users to the White House

tangra

This one is hilarious ... Apparently some racist search queries will always direct you to the white house.

Google has apologized after it was discovered that certain searches in Google Maps containing the word "nigger" direct users to the White House. Anyone searching for "nigger house" or "nigger king" in the Washington area is directed to the home of US president Barack Obama, while global searches for terms including "niggahouse" also return the White House as the number one search result.

racist_white_house_search.0.gif

"Some inappropriate results are surfacing in Google Maps that should not be, and we apologize for any offense this may have caused," said a spokesperson for Google in a statement. "Our teams are working to fix this issue quickly." At of the time of writing, these offensives searches still return the same results.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/20/8628965/google-maps-racist-white-house-search

This seems like a case of 12 year old learned a new word that is bad so its automatically funny and they just type it into anything they can.

They should have just labeled it "home of the worst president in US history" which is a very very deep pit to be at the bottom of.

then left one over congress reading "where a bunch of incompetent corrupt bastards work"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard (obviously despite the fact its horribly racist.. but still)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They should have just labeled it "home of the worst president in US history" which is a very very deep pit to be at the bottom of.

Please no political talk, or it'll soon get locked

Possibly the funniest thing I have ever heard (obviously despite the fact its horribly racist.. but still)

I have to agree, as terribly racist as it is, I would have LOVED to have seen his face when someone told him about it.

Please no political talk, or it'll soon get locked

More "out with them all" than political.

Also, good to see that google is fixing this situation. I wonder why all the trolls suddenly?

I have to agree, as terribly racist as it is, I would have LOVED to have seen his face when someone told him about it.

He would have either been amazingly offended.. but more likely would have laughed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

He would have either been amazingly offended.. but more likely would have laughed

That would have been interesting to see. Treated it as just another troll spouting something along the lines of "that's an odd looking kitchen" 

I really want to know how did this came to be. Is it because of the incredible amount of racist searches that happen on Google and their algorithm made the association or was it hard coded by a racist employee?

I tried the search on google maps here and it took me to Big Ben in London.. which is odd

I really want to know how did this came to be. Is it because of the incredible amount of racist searches that happen on Google and their algorithm made the association or was it hard coded by a racist employee?

Can't people just leave public pins on google maps?

Can't people just leave public pins on google maps?

I think you are right, but its still strange that there is no filtering or anything. It looks like an incredible oversight to be this.

Then again, we had the peeing android thing.

I think you are right, but its still strange that there is no filtering or anything. It looks like an incredible oversight to be this.

Then again, we had the peeing android thing.

Now that thing was funny. I still think some farmer needs to go an cut that into a big field so it shows up on google earth anyways.

-snip-

Give him another year, we'll end up with "president for life obama" or "madam president for life hillary" or god forbid..... "president for life Jeb" (I'd leave the country at that point lol)

Someone at google maps is getting fired ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Loving this :D

Imagine if hackers made hundreds of keywords in google search (engine for websites) to redirect u to Rick Ross gif or something hhaha

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Someone at google maps is getting fired ^^

Firing people is a headache. It's easier to re-locate them to a different department and hope they don't want to move. If they do, they're still someone else's problem, lol.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Firing people is a headache. It's easier to re-locate them to a different department and hope they don't want to move. If they do, they're still someone else's problem, lol.

52846623.jpg

then left one over congress reading "where a bunch of incompetent corrupt bastards work"

Not wanting to start a debate or anything; but from my point of view, here in the UK, Barack Obama has seemed like one of the best presidents you've had. By reforming the health service, similar to the one we have here, so that everyone can get medical attention; amongst the other good things he has done.

He seems to be doing things right, what makes him the worst president?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Not wanting to start a debate or anything; but from my point of view, here in the UK, Barack Obama has seemed like one of the best presidents you've had. By reforming the health service, similar to the one we have here, so that everyone can get medical attention; amongst the other good things he has done.

I choose not to answer, because we would only end up in a large debate.

Cause Americans are exceptionally weird in what they want from their Presidents. The better thing is that the President doesn't actually have a lot of power. Yes he has a veto (which can be tossed out by the SCOTUS) and yes he can start legislation - but to blame your countries problems solely on the President just lets me know you have no bloody idea what the political process in the US really is. 

IF anything, Obama has the least amount of power in the political game, in so far as the checks, balances and gerrymandering that can take bills like the Affordable Care Act and turn it into a worthless shell of what it could be. 

Then again, this is the country that enjoys spending half its budget on defence programs, furthering the military industrial complex. Hard to take "political pundits" and anyone else from America too seriously these days. 

Cause Americans are exceptionally weird in what they want from their Presidents. The better thing is that the President doesn't actually have a lot of power. Yes he has a veto (which can be tossed out by the SCOTUS) and yes he can start legislation - but to blame your countries problems solely on the President just lets me know you have no bloody idea what the political process in the US really is. 

IF anything, Obama has the least amount of power in the political game, in so far as the checks, balances and gerrymandering that can take bills like the Affordable Care Act and turn it into a worthless shell of what it could be. 

Then again, this is the country that enjoys spending half its budget on defence programs, furthering the military industrial complex. Hard to take "political pundits" and anyone else from America too seriously these days. 

Actually part of the problem I have with Obama is his over-stepping of congress, and doing things via executive orders that he legally isn't allowed to do.

Then again, I blame all of our problems not just on him, but a corrupt congress and complicit media that does whatever they're told. We're basically living in a dictatorship at this point, they just haven't admitted it.

No, because pretty every US President has lived there, so it is the home of the worst US President, but it doesn't say who it was.

- snip-