Who is your favorite game developer?

EA

im kidding

i like ubisoft games but hate uplay

No one is going to select EA. Why'd you put it as an example? Lol, just kidding.

On a slighty more serious note, my favourite developers are probably Bioware, Blizzard and Naughty Dog, at the moment.

Valve, bethesda, and obsidian

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

DICE, Bugbear, Frozenbyte, Ensemble, Slightly Mad, Runic.

Can't really say EA since it's mostly publisher and stricks Dice from making perfect Battefield.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1. Valve

2. Ubisoft

3. SOE

4. DICE

5. Lucasarts (by extension pandemic, bioware, and obsidian)

I think Ubisoft is coming out with some cool stuff, I just hope they don't turn into EA

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Ubisoft, after all they make Assassins creed games and that new game The Crew looks fun.

Cry Havoc!

Ubisoft has announced so many games, I would not even be surprised if they would pull a EA

I really hope they do not though, watch dogs looks really cool.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

It's hard to pick just one. 

Obsidian is probably my favorite. They are very similar to Bioware before EA bought Bioware. Fantastic writers and great at designing quests. And yes, I think Fallout New Vegas and Kotor 2 are both better than the previous titles. 

CD Projekt is another great company. The Witcher 1 and 2 are fantastic games and some of the best RPGs I've ever played. Very excited for The Witcher 3 and their cyberpunk RPG. 

Blizzard because StarCraft

Valve because Steam. Wish they would release more games though. Lots of things need sequels. 

gearbox (borderlands 2)

nintendo (zelda)

respawn entertainment [infinity ward] (cod4)

bethesda (fallout 3) bugs withstanding, they make the list for the epicness of fallout 3.

Valve!!! Apart from CSS and CSGO ofc.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Blizzard would be my number one, followed closely by Valve. 

Ubisoft
Rockstar

Deep Silver

DICE

Square Enix

Valve

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Easy. BioWare. Why?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Dragon Age: Origins.

Mass Effect franchise.

Baldur's Gate franchise.

Neverwinter Nights franchise.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

As someone in the "lurking stages" of PC gaming (debating on building a powerful rig or going with a laptop for school) I have a unique view on this.  I've always played several games from Star Wars to Counterstrike to Diablo to EA sport games, and while they all have their positive qualities, the negatives are kinda disappointing.  For the FPS games, where the hell are the real-world physics promised years ago???  For Blizzard and many MMOs (SWTOR comes to mind), where is the open world we desire???  For EA, where are the improved graphics/human movements?? With the combination of limited time and poor overall games, I can't recommend a single developer or major title since the likes of EA's Tiger Wood's PGA Tour 2005?, Biizzard's Diablo II/Expansion, Star Wars Galaxies (the first few years were pretty epic).  

With that said, everything I've seen from Chris Roberts and Company in the making of Star Citizen looks AWESOME!!!

1.  Unlike most developer's financial structure, the vast majority of Star Citizen funding goes directly into game content.

2.  The community is already gathering pre-alpha, and it's massive.

3.  We will play an active role in the game's development, testing newly released content before the official game is released.

4.  The dev team is relatively small and feeds off user suggestion/criticism while guiding the game with their expertise.

5.  The funds are being spent on practical, long-term tools for ongoing content creation (in-house motion capture).

6.  Design, graphics, expansive/open world are already impressive.

IMO, this game (and the team/community behind it) give us all to prepare proper PC gaming setups in the next couple years.

Rockstar is definitely up there. It's interesting how they are so devoted to the Grand Theft Auto series. Pretty much every game in between GTA IV and GTA V have been experiments (including GTA IV itself) and to see what people like and what they don't. GTA V takes the shooting mechanics from Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, some of the facial rendering technology from L.A. Noire, and took the bank heist concept from GTA IV (by far the most loved mission in the game) and made it the primary focus of its successor. Rockstar is pretty baller man. 

Digital Anvil for me. Freelancer was AMAZING. If Star Citizen can recreate the atmosphere of Freelancer, it will probably be the best game ever, at least in my eyes.

Coming in second is ensemble. AoM and AoE.

Third is Relic, but not the Relic we know today. I'm talking about the OLD relic team, the guys who made the Homeworld games. Those guys were awesome.

But today's relic is pretty awesome too. I really like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War.

Fourth is Blizzard, because StarCraft.

And fifth is...Bungie? I guess? I'm a PC gamer, but I love Halo.

Quanticdream (Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls looks amazing), DICE (Mirrors Edge and Battlefield), Naughty Dog (Uncharted and The Last of Us), Rockstar (GTA), Valve (Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead etc.) and Gearbox for Borderlands! All great games!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

And fifth is...Bungie? I guess? I'm a PC gamer, but I love Halo.

I feel like Halo should be the ultimate PC game, but I guess Microsoft doesn't like money.

No one is going to select EA. Why'd you put it as an example? Lol, just kidding.

On a slighty more serious note, my favourite developers are probably Bioware, Blizzard and Naughty Dog, at the moment.

You do realize Bioware is owned by EA, along with DICE which was mentioned by several people? If you like Bioware and/or DICE essentially you like EA.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Mojang, Rockstar, Valve, and 2k Games

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

You do realize Bioware is owned by EA, along with DICE which was mentioned by several people? If you like Bioware and/or DICE essentially you like EA.

let the guy like Bioware damn it.

Nobody has to know about their owner.

frickin EA

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme