GIGABYTE Presents Its Latest Dual Socket Workstation Motherboard

ahhming

20150514133653_big.jpg
20150514133739_big.jpg

GIGABYTE Technology, a leading creator of high performance server and workstation hardware, is happy to present today the MW70-3S0, its latest dual socket workstation motherboard based on the Intel C612 chipset. It joins the single socket MW50-SV0 to complement GIGABYTE's line of 2011-3 socket based workstation motherboards, and offers workstation builders a high end product featuring the latest technologies and the most reliable components. The MW70-3S0 has been designed with flexibility in mind, through large memory, storage and PCI-Express platforms that will satisfy the most demanding performance requirements of professional workstation users.

3-Way Graphics
With the support of 3-way NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFireX technologies, this board can support up to 3 GPU cards running at full PCI-Express Gen3 x16 bandwidth. It is therefore targeting workstation applications where a 4th GPU card doesn't bring any significant marginal output improvement. This product is an ideal motherboard to build workstations dedicated to computing and graphics intensive applications, such as:
3D modeling, rendering, animation, etc.
Audio & video production
Small scale scientific analysis & simulation
SAS 12Gb/s Storage
With an onboard LSI SAS 3008 controller, the MW70-3S0 supports up to 8 SAS drives running at 12Gb/s via two mini-SAS HD connectors. In addition to its ultra fast transfer rates, this controller is also capable of aggregating any SATA and SAS drives into a single 12Gb/s data stream thanks to the LSI DataBolt technology. Users can therefore enjoy a 12Gb/s speed while using lower grade 3Gb/s or 6Gb/s drives. This can bring a significant upgrade to a system without having to invest in new and expensive 12Gb/s SAS drives.

DDR4 Memory Performance Edge
On Intel's previous server platforms, by design the maximum supported memory frequency has always been automatically downgraded the more DIMMs were being added on a server motherboard. As this trade-off between performance and capacity represents a dilemma to many memory-hungry server applications, GIGABYTE offers a unique solution. All the GIGABYTE boards based on the LGA 2011-3 socket support by default a maximum frequency of 2133 MHz in any memory configuration.

Easy BIOS Update
Because updating the version of a BIOS can be a troublesome experience, GIGABYTE has developed an integrated function (no utility to install) that lets you update the BIOS of your motherboard(s) :
Without having to install CPU(s), memory, drives, operating system, etc.
Without having to power on the system (but a power supply must be connected)
One board at a time via our standard IPMI 2.0 web interface
Multiple boards simultaneously via command line
Intel Xeon Processors E5-2600 V3
Based on the Haswell microarchitecture, this Intel processor family features a whole new set of performance enhancing features over the previous generation. In addition to the usual boost in frequencies and core numbers, the Intel Xeon E5-2600 V3 family is the first in the server industry to support the brand new DDR4 memory technology.

Moreover, these processors include encryption performance overhead reduction features, and technologies improving run time and migration VM integrity.

DDR4 Server Memory Support
The Intel Xeon E5-2600 V3 family is the first generation of server processors to support exclusively the new DDR4 technology on the market. Still built on a quad channel architecture, these new memory modules feature a increased stock frequency of up to 2133MHz and a lower voltage of 1.2V per module. Together, these two main improvements can not only deliver a large bandwidth performance boost to memory intensive applications, but also considerable energy savings to large scale server deployments.

no pricing but sure gona be expensive

Source:
http://b2b.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5186&kw=MW70-3S0#ov

But can you use zip ties to hold the CPU down?

warentary guarenteed voided :D

400-500$usd if they price it like asus did. But since it is gigabyte. 300$ is my guess. 

Maybe Linus can take the hold downs off this one as well

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

GigaByte, if you read this .. please don't give @Linus a sample; you did saw what he did with the SuperMicro one, did you  :wacko:

That's not a sample, Linus is gonna use that setup as his server infrastructure backbone in LMGs new offices.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

GigaByte, if you read this .. please don't give @Linus a sample; you did saw what he did with the SuperMicro one, did you  :wacko:

If I'm not wrong he only did it for benchmarking, he's gonna wait for proper fan mounts for MBO.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

But we need them PR  :P

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

in before someone asks @Linus to put 2 E5-2699's in it. Actually, didn't he say that he was doing a dual 2699 build in the video but was waiting for the motherboard? 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

but i want a new quad socket motherboard

I know it's a server board and such but I must ask: if you're going to go through the trouble of using blue PCB and mostly color coordinated blue and black on the board, why the fuck would you use red sata ports? And yeah I know most people won't display this kind of board anyway but again, why put SLI and Crossfire features in then?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Looks so ugly.Asus has a better color scheme even super micron green boards look better than this.

Lol, all the Linus call outs here haha xD

Man that vid made me shutter. But anyways, nice Gigabyte. :D

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Mini-Sas connectors on board!

Do you know what this means?!

Native 750 SSD support!

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

20150514133653_big.jpg

20150514133739_big.jpg

GIGABYTE Technology, a leading creator of high performance server and workstation hardware, is happy to present today the MW70-3S0, its latest dual socket workstation motherboard based on the Intel C612 chipset. It joins the single socket MW50-SV0 to complement GIGABYTE's line of 2011-3 socket based workstation motherboards, and offers workstation builders a high end product featuring the latest technologies and the most reliable components. The MW70-3S0 has been designed with flexibility in mind, through large memory, storage and PCI-Express platforms that will satisfy the most demanding performance requirements of professional workstation users.

no pricing but sure gona be expensive

Source:

http://b2b.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5186&kw=MW70-3S0#ov

Why does it still have the ATI logo for the amd gpus???????

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Why does it still have the ATI logo for the amd gpus???????

Crossfire was created back when it was still ATI.

It's technically an ATI function still

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

But can you use zip ties to hold the CPU down?

That video legit pissed me off lol

good for linus, they use standard sockets

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace