The Witcher 3 SLI issues

AStateOfTrance

So I see a lot of people running double or triple 980's are having horrible SLI scaling with this game even though Nvidia released new drivers JUST for this game. I am running 2 Matrix 980's and my gpu's arent even being utilized. They are maxed out at about %40 and I'm stuck between 30-40 FPS, which is some garbage, but when I load up Project Cars with DSR up to 5k, my cards are at %97 and the game still plays beautifully. There are a bunch of people with the same issue with The Witcher 3, what are you guys's thoughts? Are any of you having the same SLI issues? I'm not going to play this until it is fixed, glad I didn't pay for it.

Some comments here; http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-352-86-whql-driver-released

and a BUNCH here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

I know Crossfire is broken as hell with Witcher 3 until AMD coughs up a driver.

I'm surprised though that SLI is not working, but maybe that means it's the game and not necessarily the drivers. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

games releasing without proper sli support is nothing new. it will be patched in eventually. surprising for an nvidia game to not have this support on day 1 but still not unheard of.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Does anyone still believe a brand new game will run smoothly on day one on any setup?

single gpu master race. used to have sli, not anymore, ha ha. yeah it sucks but anything that adds complexity usually follows the rules of sucking

Does anyone still believe a brand new game will run smoothly on day one on any setup?

GTA V is excellent with SLI support

So I see a lot of people running double or triple 980's are having horrible SLI scaling with this game even though Nvidia released new drivers JUST for this game. I am running 2 Matrix 980's and my gpu's arent even being utilized. They are maxed out at about %40 and I'm stuck between 30-40 FPS, which is some garbage, but when I load up Project Cars with DSR up to 5k, my cards are at %97 and the game still plays beautifully. There are a bunch of people with the same issue with The Witcher 3, what are you guys's thoughts? Are any of you having the same SLI issues? I'm not going to play this until it is fixed, glad I didn't pay for it.

Some comments here; http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-352-86-whql-driver-released

and a BUNCH here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Can't you just turn sli off and run it with 1(980)? Gta v has also been out awhile.
Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

GTA V is excellent with SLI support

Yeah, but how many times it got delayed? I lost count...

Can't you just turn sli off and run it with 1(980)? Gta v has also been out awhile.

I might aswell turn the settings down to low at that point.

I might aswell turn the settings down to low at that point.

I say what could hurt trying one 980?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Yeah, but how many times it got delayed? I lost count...

The Witcher 3 got delayed 2 times as well.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I wouldn't stress too much as the game released only today. It will be sorted with further driver iterations. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Some comments here; http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-352-86-whql-driver-released

and a BUNCH here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

I'll run the game without the new driver first and let you know if revering back helps.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

The Witcher 3 got delayed 2 times as well.

Could be, I don't really keep track on these new games, as I don't care much :D

It has been working perfectly for me.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I'll run the game without the new driver first and let you know if revering back helps.

thank you!

It has been working perfectly for me.  

everything maxed?

The game has been out for hours. Give it some time. 

If day one patch is a thing it should be applied ASAP, not after some time. You get me?

"Yes," I "do" get you. I also get that this game has been released to the public for a mere hours, and will improve over time. Day one patch != "fix everything wrong" patch. 

thank you!

everything maxed?

yeah I've been running with all Ultra settings including hairworks and HBAO+.

4K is a bit demanding though, I dialed it down to 2560x1440 for 60 FPS.  But SLI specifically is running beautifully.

Thats bs tho kinda. Nvidia markets SLI, they talk about it, they sell sometimes based off of that feature. Then games dont support it right off the bat, that sucks

Intel i5-4690K, Asus Z97-A, G.Skill Trident X 2400 Mhz

Asus GTX 970 Strix OC, Corsair RM 850, Corsair H105 AIO Water Cooler

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Case 

I REALLY want this game to see how my 1482mhz Titan X fares at 4K, but I really can't be bothered spending $60 because I'm not even sure I'll like it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

yeah I've been running with all Ultra settings including hairworks and HBAO+.

4K is a bit demanding though, I dialed it down to 2560x1440 for 60 FPS.  But SLI specifically is running beautifully.

I'll turn it down with the AA in 4K.. I hope it runs well. Is your FPS pinned at 60?

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I'll turn it down with the AA in 4K.. I hope it runs well. Is your FPS pinned at 60?

Not entirely, although it only seems to dip when hairworks is being heavily used. (Like on the gryphon)  Barely drops though, down to 55 or so.  I haven't dug too deep into it yet though so that could change later in the game.

Not entirely, although it only seems to dip when hairworks is being heavily used. (Like on the gryphon)  Barely drops though, down to 55 or so.  I haven't dug too deep into it yet though so that could change later in the game.

I really want to keep the Gameworks on but also I want to run vsync. I need the minimum to be 60fps otherwise it will stutter. I'll have to play around with the settings I guess..