The Witcher 3 SLI issues

AStateOfTrance

yeah I've been running with all Ultra settings including hairworks and HBAO+.

4K is a bit demanding though, I dialed it down to 2560x1440 for 60 FPS.  But SLI specifically is running beautifully.

looks like you got lucky, im very peanut butter and jelly

I'll run the game without the new driver first and let you know if revering back helps.

Didn't run in SLI without patch- got the patch and it works now. Make sure you enable SLI back again because the update turns it off.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I really want to keep the Gameworks on but also I want to run vsync. I need the minimum to be 60fps otherwise it will stutter. I'll have to play around with the settings I guess..

There is a way to turn vsync on and then cap the frame rate at 30. Not ideal, but probably better than fluctuating.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

30fps? I didn't catch that..

There's a slider for frame rate cap whch is separate from vsync. Goes from unlimited to 30 to 60.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

It has been working perfectly for me.  

Same here dual 780 Ti's both at ~100%

All settings maxed apart from foliage on high, keeping a solid 60. Witcher Sense is tanking my FPS however, kinda interesting as it feels like everything slows down...

Hello,

I get the same problem: I get a worse performance when I run the witcher 3 in 2-way SLI (25 fps) compared to single GPU mode (45 fps) at the exact same settings.

Nvidia system tools recognizes both cards and sets up SLI mode.

I game: both GPUs run at maximum and are using ca. 2000 MB VRAM, according to MSI afterburner.

I switched  both cards and both run fine in single GPU mode at 45 fps on Ultra settings and 1440p resolution, but show worse performance when combined in SLI (25 fps).

I tried other games like Project Cars (>100 fps) and they run well.

Specs:

CPU: i7 4790K

MB:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 Intel Z97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX 

GPU: 2 x 4096MB MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series blau DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9 Dual Kit

SSD: 512GB Crucial MX100 2.5"

PSU: 750 Watt Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 80+ Gold

Monitor: Asus Asus PB278QR 27 inch 1440p

+ Corsair Hydro Series H110 

+ 2000GB Seagate Surveillance HDD

Software:

Windows 8.1 x64 bit

Nvidia GeForce Experience (Newest Driver: 352.86)

Msi Afterburner

Steam  client

Thank you in advance for your suggestions,

Make sure you reboot. SLI can lock the GPU to a lower power state (like idle) until a restart.

I am stuck at 40 FPS at Ultra. I get 60FPS when I turn post processing to low, which still doesn't make any sense. Why is this game not using my GPU's to its full potential?

Works fine for me with all ultra settings and AA on 2 x EVGA 980 SC's at 1440p. I did notice though that when I installed the game ready driver, it for some reason decided to disable SLI at some point during the install. Not sure if that is a thing or not, as I have not run SLI in over a decade prior to this setup. I re-enabled SLI and turned on vsync and it does not ever dip below 60.

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.

Works fine for me with all ultra settings and AA on 2 x EVGA 980 SC's at 1440p. I did notice though that when I installed the game ready driver, it for some reason decided to disable SLI at some point during the install. Not sure if that is a thing or not, as I have not run SLI in over a decade prior to this setup. I re-enabled SLI and turned on vsync and it does not ever dip below 60.

Every driver update disables SLI I believe, you have to go back and enable it after every update.

I also have very bad SLI scaling, in fact is almost the same if I enable a 2Way sli that a 3Way sli, and that is disappointing.

Also I don't know why but I have massive stuttering that make the game feel not fluid event with ~70 fps. Also G-Sync seems to hurt the fps pretty hard because it makes my GFX to never pass the 60-70% usage.

Anyway, I just disabled one card and I'm running with 2Way SLI GTX980 at 1440@144hz with G-Sync enabled that at least feels fluid (with some stutter at times though)...

PC Master Race:

3930K @ 4.8Ghz | 16GB G.Skill 2133 CL11 | Asus Rampage Extreme IV | Full Custom WaterCooling loop (CPU+RAM+MB) | 3x Gigabyte GTX980 (TriSli) --> 2x Gigabyte Titan X (SLI) | 2x Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB (512Gb Raid0 ) |Asus ROG Swift P278Q

200MB/s Symmetric Internet connection: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4197705212

Running 3 way SLI Titan Xs and i'm experiencing the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? The issue doesn't even seem to be acknowledged on the nvidia forums.

I have 2 GTX 980's. The game definitely supports SLI. Now is it the best SLI Scaling? No. Its not Tomb Raider. Running Afterburner. Cards are utilized 80%-90%. Not great but not terrible. 1440p and maxed out except for game works and I'm above 60fps 90% of the time.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

I've seen benchmarks that show sli 980's running better than single titan X... but i would like to know how the 780 SLI compare since I am about to order a second 1... skipping the 900 series dont see that much of a performance boost other than the RAM being larger.. next year navida GPU's will be something to get excited about. 

I've been getting steady 60 fps. Only works when I launch the game through GeForce Experience. 

I've seen benchmarks that show sli 980's running better than single titan X... but i would like to know how the 780 SLI compare since I am about to order a second 1... skipping the 900 series dont see that much of a performance boost other than the RAM being larger.. next year navida GPU's will be something to get excited about. 

I heard for this game, a 960 will blow a 780 out of the water. They did it on purpose to promote the 900 series

Thought you might find interesting - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/833016/geforce-700-600-series/gtx-780-possible-fail-as-performance-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-/post/4532052/#4532052

NVidia documentation on latest drivers - http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/352.86/352.86-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf - Page 34 for GPU support

Anyhow try rolling back your drivers, do you get a performance increase? (I have no idea why you guys are seeing issues, I'm not)

Update: 

I de- and reinstalled all Nvidia drivers and tools + the latest patch (may 21st) for the witcher 3 is installed.

Still the same problem. SLI works in benchmark tools, but not in the game.

Got the same problem, game is using only 60% of SLI and then randomly jumps up to 90%. Really wierd.

Here's a picture of my second screen with some stats: http://postimg.org/image/8p4wepv0h

There you can see that the game jsut jumped to the "higher performance mode".

The last patch(1.0.3) broke it even more for me. 

my SLI runs perfectly (780TI) forgot that updating your drivers turns SLI off and i sat there wondering why my FPS was so low, then i realized it and turned it on again. bam, instant FPS gain.....

i have the game on ultra except one or two settings. i run the game on 70-80 FPS, without SLI 35-50 FPS depending on where i am.

I had issues with 970 SLI. Game stuck at 45FPS max.

Then I noticed it was on borderless windowed . Changed it to fullscreen and it now stays at a solid 60FPS everywhere!

I run everything at ultra Xcept HBAO+ and Hairworks, because SSAO is equally good and hairworks is ugly.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I had a chat with Rahul from NVIDIAs support team and we tried some alternative settings in the control panel.

No change.

Since other applications like the valley benchmark tool work fine in SLI on my PC, he suggested to reinstall the game. So I did.

Guess what happend....nothing.

I will return my second card and play the game with a single GPU.

I am a little disappointed but the game looks still gorgeous with high settings.

Signed up to post this in thread. I have a GTX 770 SLI setup and am getting lower FPS in SLI mode than I am in Single GPU mode. Running the game at 1920x1080 with everything on High and HairWorks turned completely off, fullscreen, and getting ~35 fps with SLI and ~45 fps without it.

CPU is an FX-8350 @ 4.4 GHz. I did a clean reinstall of the latest GeForce drivers as well.

With Single GPU the GPU runs at 99%, in SLI mode both cards run between 50 and 60% according to Afterburner.