Microsoft planning "attractive Windows 10 upgrade offers" to grab pirates

Samfisher

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/15/genuine-windows-and-windows-10/

Microsoft and our OEM partners know that many consumers are unwitting victims of piracy, and with Windows 10, we would like all of our customers to move forward with us together. While our free offer to upgrade to Windows 10 will not apply to Non-Genuine Windows devices, and as we’ve always done, we will continue to offer Windows 10 to customers running devices in a Non-Genuine state. In addition, in partnership with some of our valued OEM partners, we are planning very attractive Windows 10 upgrade offers for their customers running one of their older devices in a Non-Genuine state. Please stay tuned to learn more from our partners on the specifics of their offers.

I'm not so sure about that OEM part, only applies to Dell,HP and the like?  System builders don't get it?  Bit light on details as usual.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Let's all pirate Windows 7/8 now so we can get a good deal on 10 /s

thats what im planning on already :)

I don't know lol, I paid for Windows 8.1 on Outlet PC whether that is a respected OEM provider I am not sure but I want my Windows 10 damnit. (If it ends up being worth the upgrade)

I don't know lol, I paid for Windows 8.1 on Outlet PC whether that is a respected OEM provider I am not sure but I want my Windows 10 damnit. (If it ends up being worth the upgrade)

You get Windows 10 for free anyway since you paid for your Windows 8.1

You get Windows 10 for free anyway since you paid for your Windows 8.1

Yeah but I could have paid $90 for a pirated version and I'll never know.  ;)

But I'm not worried I figured I'd throw my two cents in.

Highlight the text in your post and select the 'Automatic' color for the dark theme users, OP.

Is the upgrade free for windows 7 users with a valid license?

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Highlight the text in your post and select the 'Automatic' color for the dark theme users, OP.

Done and done.

Yes it is.  Win 7 and up get a free upgrade to 10, this is mostly for the pirates.

It should be if I head correctly.

Yes it is.  Win 7 and up get a free upgrade to 10, this is mostly for the pirates.

Are you claiming you are one?  :ph34r:  Naw that would be preposterous.

Are you claiming you are one?  :ph34r:  Naw that would be preposterous.

I mean the thread, not this post :P  Here in my country, Windows costs a huge amount percentage wise of a standard salaryman.  It's over RM400 for a Windows 8.1 license, OEM version!  On average a fresh grad with no experience earns 2-2.5k at most.

I mean the thread, not this post :P  Here in my country, Windows costs a huge amount percentage wise of a standard salaryman.  It's over RM400 for a Windows 8.1 license, OEM version!  On average a fresh grad with no experience earns 2-2.5k at most.

Were you born in Malaysia? Your English is pretty good not that that is supposed to mean anything in particular.

Were you born in Malaysia? Your English is pretty good not that that is supposed to mean anything in particular.

Born and bred here :)  Thinking of getting a Win 8.1 license so I can go back to it if I don't particularly like 10, and if it also breaks my stuff there's a fall back plan.  Been thinking of going 8.1 for months already.

Born and bred here :)  Thinking of getting a Win 8.1 license so I can go back to it if I don't particularly like 10, and if it also breaks my stuff there's a fall back plan.  Been thinking of going 8.1 for months already.

It's not a terrible idea. I have 8.1 running on my machine and I purchased a 5 dollar program called start8 that makes act like Windows 7. Well worth the price in my opinion makes the Windows 8 experience a lot more enjoyable.

Haa another fellow msian in this forum. Apa khabar? Last time I bought a copy of Windows was W7 several years ago for RM 270. And man I thought that was too expensive already coming from a student own pocket money. 

windows 10 cant come soon enough, starting to get sick of 7, 

Yes.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

we are planning very attractive Windows 10 upgrade offers

like what? 10$ discount when purchasing a new laptop  -_-

Let's all pirate Windows 7/8 now so we can get a good deal on 10 /s

I already did :P

I mean the thread, not this post :P Here in my country, Windows costs a huge amount percentage wise of a standard salaryman. It's over RM400 for a Windows 8.1 license, OEM version! On average a fresh grad with no experience earns 2-2.5k at most.

I really don't know how much windows costs in my country, i only know that lots of people pirate windows and sell it for 5-10USD

like what? 10$ discount when purchasing a new laptop  -_-

I don't know what kinds of deals were available to you locally, but Microsoft ran several global sales campaigns with Windows 8 when it was first released. For 6+ months, you could buy a copy for in the neighbourhood of $20-30 USD/CAD. These deals - while not necessarily available everywhere, were certainly pushed hard in many territories.

However, if local pricing is messed up in your area, then that's a totally different issue.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't know what kinds of deals were available to you locally, but Microsoft ran several global sales campaigns with Windows 8 when it was first released. For 6+ months, you could buy a copy for in the neighbourhood of $20-30 USD/CAD. These deals - while not necessarily available everywhere, were certainly pushed hard in many territories.

However, it local pricing is messed up in your area, then that's a totally different issue.

yup! If the do the same thing with windows 10, i'm gonna buy a couple of licences to keep for future use, 'cause windows 8 full price here is 120€