A story that made me rage

HEU7Hwhu7

Well, i bought AT&T and i was supposed to be getting 75Mbps minimum 70Mbps... I wasn't getting even 40 99% of the time, and they sent a cable guy (what ever he's called) to check it out. He was here yesterday for 5 hours trying to fix it, and 3 hours today. He said it's not possible to have the 75Mbps plan here. >: ( 

WTF?!? 

"Up to".

" He said it's not possible to have the 75Mbps plan here"

just do yourself a favor.. and get a different ISP. (i cant sadly)

ATNT here to, Im supposed to get 3Mbps (the max they offer.. apparently), im only getting 90Kb..

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Yeah. ISPs will often formulate things so that the average user or simply the non critical consumer gets fucked over. A female friend of mine got a 16 Mbps plan for 80€ (You can get 150 for half of that) because she thought she was getting 16 MBPS. On a two year contract. You need to pay close attention when you make any contracts. 

just do yourself a favor.. and get a different ISP.

ATNT here to, Im supposed to get 3Mbps (the max the offer.. apparently), im only getting 90Kb..

Yeah, i didn't cancel my old one because i knew something stupid would happen. Old ISP:4369466936.png

when i lived in panama we got offered 5Mb on phone all the time, but our connection could only sustain 2.5Mb of bandwidth. Not sure about AT&T but we where able to check that in 5 minutes on the router to see wich plans where physically posible.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I pay for 120mb/s down and get 90 on good days.  Not to mention comcast is rolling out data caps and absorbing all companies in my area, making it impossible for me to be anything but completely fucked.

'Merica.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

This. Most ISPs will say just about anything and use some language that puts you in a technical hell in order to get you to sign up and then they pull the rug out and tell you to go fuck yourself.

I pay for 120mb/s down and get 90 on good days.  Not to mention comcast is rolling out data caps and absorbing all companies in my area, making it impossible for me to be anything but completely fucked.

'Merica.

^ this kinda shit needs to be illegal.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

" He said it's not possible to have the 75Mbps plan here"

WTF

heres mine

i have verizon

4369519242.png

This. Most ISPs will say just about anything and use some language that puts you in a technical hell in order to get you to sign up and then they pull the rug out and tell you to go fuck yourself.

cant he leave?

there must be a 30 day tryout thing...

Funny, I actually get higher speeds than the plan I have from comcast....

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I got this to with Bell up in Canada. They said I could have a 20 MBps plan at my house, turns out the max we can get is 4 MBps, and we barely get half that most of the time.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Isn't there a "Check to see if this plan is available in my area" button or some sort of check? We have that for all our ISP's here in Canada from what I've seen and I've never heard of issues like this propping up over here. If they're lying to you in order to get you to sign a contract, you are not bound to it. Just make sure you record everything they say and ask them to put it down in writing.

Funny, I actually get higher speeds than the plan I have from comcast....

I'm calling Comcast ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

snitch

Harry !!!

How am I suspose to call without a phone number ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Time to move to South Korea where I can get 1000mps up/down for $20/mo...

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave life wondering how the hell you did it

All the way out here in Indiana, we have on of two options: Comcast / American Telegraph & Telecom Consumer Grade, or MegaPath Communications For Business. I went with MegaPath because they had a faster speed for cheaper, UPS for Internet (WHICH IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST), No DATA-CAPs, and Static-IP.

And as for your issue, I'd just go to Twitter, tweet AT&T and just scream and shout until they notice you. 

All the way out here in Indiana, we have on of two options: Comcast / American Telegraph & Telecom Consumer Grade, or MegaPath Communications For Business. I went with MegaPath because they had a faster speed for cheaper, UPS for Internet (WHICH IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST), No DATA-CAPs, and Static-IP.

And as for your issue, I'd just go to Twitter, tweet AT&T and just scream and shout until they notice you. 

Lol, they have. 

Lol, they have. 

Err, mate... Do you know how many times people have gotten what they want with companies like AT&T and Time Warner with out using Twitter? Its A LOT less than those who have at least said something over the Twitters...

Well, i bought AT&T and i was supposed to be getting 75Mbps minimum 70Mbps... I wasn't getting even 40 99% of the time, and they sent a cable guy (what ever he's called) to check it out. He was here yesterday for 5 hours trying to fix it, and 3 hours today. He said it's not possible to have the 75Mbps plan here. >: ( 

WTF?!? 

Call AT&T and request a downgrade to something close to 40Mbps.But before you do, you should read your contract every appendix and small paragraph, because you need to see what is their minimum bandwidth guarantee. For example my ISP guarantees the paid speed at the end of the cable, so I have some leverage in case I wouldn't be getting the 100%.

Also as some suggested, and angry tweet could fix your problem. I've seen it numerous time work on a lot of different brands as well.