Bluboo X550, the world's first Android Lollipop smartphone with a 5300 mAh battery, launches next week

source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Bluboo-X550-the-worlds-first-Android-Lollipop-smartphone-with-a-5300-mAh-battery-launches-next-week_id69340

bSLzEZx.png

Running Android 5.1 Lollipop, the Bluboo X550 sports a 5.5-inch display with 720 x 1280 pixels, and is powered by a 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MTK6735 processor. The handset is also offering LTE, a 13 MP (or 8MP) rear camera, 2 GB of RAM, and 16 GB of expandable storage space. The 5300 mAh battery of the X550 is made by a California-based company called Amprius, and supports quick charging thanks MediaTek's PumpExpress Plus solution. 

Bluboo says that, from May 19 to June 4, it's going to sell the X550 for just $149.99. The handset will cost $159.99 from June 5 to July 4, and $169.99 after that.

If only the screen wasn't shit and they used a Qualcomm SOC, this would be pretty badass.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

this is like a dream come true! 

finally somebody who gets it right! phones don't need 4K screens and 8core processors. 

hopefully this thing will be available in europe too?

I have also been looking for a phone with a massive battery, but this phone has only the battery going for it, rest is shit

+ I don't even want to think about the operating system (skin)...

this is like a dream come true! 

finally somebody who gets it right! phones don't need 4K screens and 8core processors. 

hopefully this thing will be available in europe too?

The problem is at that screen size, a 1080p display is necessary. Any lower and pixelation sets in. They were close, but they get no cigar.

As for whether it's coming to Europe or not, it may not. Even if it doesn't though, the cell bands should be compatible with your networks.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If only the screen wasn't shit and they used a Qualcomm SOC, this would be pretty badass.

MediaTek are making decent chips nowadays

"Rawr XD"

it's 267.02 PPI - I don't believe it's that bad considering the price and battery capacity, it's a tradeoff 

Suck it, Droid Turbo.

it's 267.02 PPI - I don't believe it's that bad considering the price and battery capacity, it's a tradeoff 

i have a 5" 720p display, and its really not bad. as long as the panel is good, it will be ok. would 1080p be nicer, yes. for 169? i dont care, give me that

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

DAT price tag.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i have a 5" 720p display, and its really not bad. as long as the panel is good, it will be ok. would 1080p be nicer, yes. for 169? i dont care, give me that

Where exactly do you live ??

You know I can't give you something without knowing where you are do you ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Where exactly do you live ??

You know I can't give you something without knowing where you are do you ?

i live in slovenia. i thought that was known no?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

i live in slovenia. i thought that was known no?

So you are the female.

I wanted the male country.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So you are the female.

I wanted the male country.

UK

The problem is at that screen size, a 1080p display is necessary. Any lower and pixelation sets in. They were close, but they get no cigar.

As for whether it's coming to Europe or not, it may not. Even if it doesn't though, the cell bands should be compatible with your networks.

Considering you're probably tying this on a device with far less DPI than this phone it's just not the case at all. Yes LaWLz will tell you that you can technically (as in if you really concentrate and view it under the right conditios) tell the difference up to 1440p phones and beyond, but this is 150 freaking bucks. If the price of having a ridiculously high DPI is having a crap battery (and you know, an additional 500 to 600 bucks) then I'll take this phone.

I must say that this is exactly the kind of phone I would look to replace my current device hopefully they will sell it locally.

-------

Current Rig

-------

For those of you saying the screen resolution is fine because it saves power: the Droid Turbo has a 1440p screen and a smaller 3900mAh battery (that moment when you can say 3900mAh is "smaller" than another phone's battery) and gets 2 days of battery life. I think it has more to do with how power hungry or efficient the panel is.

But don't quote me on that as I may be wrong.

Lol a Zerolemon battery for this one would be 15,000 Mah :o

Groomlake Authority

meizu m1 note would suit your needs. it's 191 eur on ebay. great display, good battery.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Screen looks ok to me 720 is just fine for me on my Moto G.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Considering you're probably tying this on a device with far less DPI than this phone it's just not the case at all. Yes LaWLz will tell you that you can technically (as in if you really concentrate and view it under the right conditios) tell the difference up to 1440p phones and beyond, but this is 150 freaking bucks. If the price of having a ridiculously high DPI is having a crap battery (and you know, an additional 500 to 600 bucks) then I'll take this phone.

I must say that this is exactly the kind of phone I would look to replace my current device hopefully they will sell it locally.

on monitors a lower ppi is fine because its farther away from your face than a phone

on monitors a lower ppi is fine because its farther away from your face than a phone

I hold my phone out in my arm, why would you put it up right to your face?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I hold my phone out in my arm, why would you put it up right to your face?

you do not hold it out a full arms length its going to be like less than a foot away

Almost 1cm thick.....jesus that's one fat phone. 

1e20a384dd9a2f51231910289a6ead31.jpg

This... this is almost my dream phone.. almost.

There are 2 things bad and 1 may be not I dont know.

Screen must be IPS or OLED.

MediaTek.. meh BUT at this price point I cant complain.

Almost 1cm thick.....jesus that's one fat phone. 

do you remember Nokia 3210? it was a very thick phone and everyone loved it