q

Chicken

Firefox idk, but newer versions of Internet Explorer are faster then Chrome. When you need a browser that can run smoothly on $100 tablets with 1-2GB of RAM, it (IE) becomes really lightweight.

"Rawr XD"

I feel like chrome is alot more sluggish than firefox and internet explorer. Is that just me? The only extensions I'm running are Adblock Plus and Reddit Enhancement Suite. Is there some settings I could change to make chrome snappier? 

Another problem is that when I search for something using the omnibox, it never searches the first time. I have to highlight and press enter again.(refresh doesn't work, i have to highlight the link and press enter again.)

Get like a 120gb SSD for things like windows. Chrome ect..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I feel like chrome is alot more sluggish than firefox and internet explorer. Is that just me? The only extensions I'm running are Adblock Plus and Reddit Enhancement Suite. Is there some settings I could change to make chrome snappier? 

Another problem is that when I search for something using the omnibox, it never searches the first time. I have to highlight and press enter again.(refresh doesn't work, i have to highlight the link and press enter again.)

chrome is known to be a massive ram user. It could be filling up your ram. I usually have 2 windows with ~50 tabs and it takes up  +80% of my RAM, i have 8gb of ram.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

nope, instant for me

try forcing hardware acceleration

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It is and will always be sluggish compare to other browser unless you have beefy system in my experience. That's why I've stopped using chrome completely for almost 3 years now. Believe it or not my main internet browser used to be IE and now Safari. They just plainly work without much hassle and performance penalty. i like it simple and reliable.

As far as I can tell its not really sluggish for me, at least not most of the time.

Yes there are times where it is a bit slow, though that's also typically when my system is under heavy load.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

How beefy must a computer be? I have a 5820k and a 780ti. Pretty sure that's more than enough to use chrome.

That's more than fine. I used to have a heavy oc'd i5 2500k, 16gb ram and an ssd but it always felt sluggish (and the occasional crash) whenever I have lots of tabs opened an several heavy programs running at the same time. That's why I moved back to IE and never looked back. IE has really come a long way and imo work and perform better than chrome,unless you are a heavy plugin junkie (i'm not).

How beefy must a computer be? I have a 5820k and a 780ti. Pretty sure that's more than enough to use chrome.

Maybe you have a virus? I notice chrome gets a little slow when I don't run a virus for a few weeks.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Actually... I might have found the issue. My CPU is running at 100% on all 12 threads. Trying to find out why that is.... unless moving data from 1 hard drive to another uses CPU resources?(I'm moving about 2.5TB or storage from 1 HDD to another HDD, 2 more hours to go)

I don't know. Wait it out ? Run a virus scanner just to make sure also.

Actually... I might have found the issue. My CPU is running at 100% on all 12 threads. Trying to find out why that is.... unless moving data from 1 hard drive to another uses CPU resources?(I'm moving about 2.5TB or storage from 1 HDD to another HDD, 2 more hours to go)

well check what processes are using the cpu resources. It shouldn't be running at 100% if just for file transferring.

File stopped transferring. Stopped all useless processes. Chrome is still slow. I'm thinking its just the browser that's slow.

chrome is almost instantly for me, I'm on a 4 year old pre-built HP pc lol...

File stopped transferring. Stopped all useless processes. Chrome is still slow. I'm thinking its just the browser that's slow.

Try and do a clean install of the browser. I'm not too fond of using Chrome myself. I can only tell you to try other browser first.

Chrome is fast for me. Firefox is fast but the operation is slow for me (switching tabs, initial scrolling, clicking too fast through addons, etc)

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

You might just not know that its slow then. I mean, people say windows 7 is just as snappy as windows 8, but windows 8 is generally snappier, and when I use my computer with windows 7 on it, i can see it being sluggish.

I use Win 7, did you ever run a Virus scan?

I use Win 7, did you ever run a Virus scan?

Windows 7 is slower than Windows 8, it's quite noticeable. Same for chrome. It is sluggish compared to Firefox.
Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit