q

Chicken

I feel like chrome is alot more sluggish than firefox and internet explorer. Is that just me? The only extensions I'm running are Adblock Plus and Reddit Enhancement Suite. Is there some settings I could change to make chrome snappier? 

Another problem is that when I search for something using the omnibox, it never searches the first time. I have to highlight and press enter again.(refresh doesn't work, i have to highlight the link and press enter again.)

I have always thought Chrome was sluggish and bulky, even though I used it for a really long time, still have it but not as default, Firefox is my default

Chrome was sluggish for me, so now I use opera as my main browser...

+1 for Opera.

Firefox always bluescreens my computer when using Flash, I have no idea why it happens, but it does and I cannot allow that. When YouTube fully switches to HTML5 I might consider switching back, but I'm quite fond of Opera now.

Chrome eventually got sluggish for me, after about 4-5 months of usage it started slowing down HARD. I have a 3770 and 32GB of RAM, even Opera doesn't hog as much RAM as Chrome does, and I didn't even run a lot of extensions, just a lot of tabs!

I now use Opera. It is "Chromium" based, which is the same source code that Chrome uses. I've been using Opera for almost 2 years now and have never had any slow downs. I do get the rare crash every now and then, once every 5 months maybe, but it's much better than any web browser I've used in the past. Be warned that some websites just flatout do not work on Opera for whatever reason, but it's usually really obscure sites that I never frequent on a daily basis.

I'd say it's worth a shot OP.

Been using Opera for about a year now and I'm not looking back. I too started feeling that Chrome was slowing down on me.