ARK: Survival Evolved will run on UE4 and DX12 and support NVIDIA Gameworks as well as VR (Oculus Rift)

Bouzoo

Technically quite impressive. Should be good if they can nail down the gameplay mechanics and make it fun.

Why is there a play station logo in the bottom? I thought that the PS4 is limited to DX 11

I don't think the ps4 uses directX at all. DX12 is probably only for the windows and xbox one versions.

and how does the Xbox one or the PS4 have enough power the run this game.

The xbox one and ps4 are easily powerful enough to do what was shown in the trailer. Just don't expect 60fps...

This game looks fun.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Looks great but after they said they're aiming for 30 fps and GTX 970s not even getting 60 I doubt I'll bother until the Titan Platinum or w/e is out.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Looks great but after they said they're aiming for 30 fps and GTX 970s not even getting 60 I doubt I'll bother until the Titan Platinum or w/e is out.

We can hope that it allows people to recycle old GPU's as PhysX cards (massive FPS increases even with a very low end card such as the GTX 650 ti on PCIe Gen 2 @ 2x), but don't forget that people don't have to try and run it at its maximum settings if they don't want to-or just can't.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

We can hope that it allows people to recycle old GPU's as PhysX cards (massive FPS increases even with a very low end card such as the GTX 650 ti on PCIe Gen 2 @ 2x), but don't forget that people don't have to try and run it at its maximum settings if they don't want to-or just can't.

From the interview I listened to it sounded like they have done zero optimisation and focused on development on features. Which is fine for testing but it's a deal breaker for me in the mean time. If you have to run on low with a 980 to get 60 fps then I don't see the point.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Is GPU phys-x that inefficient That having a dedicated physx card gives massive frame rate increases?

Is GPU phys-x that inefficient That having a dedicated physx card gives massive frame rate increases?

I ran Nvidia's own benchmarking tool (based on Unreal Engine 3). The Maximum FPS of the GTX 970 on its own became the average after I added the GTX 650 Ti. It may be the 2GB OC version of the card, but considering how much it was being throttled I was very surprised at the results. I should run it again with my Xeon and both cards at PCIe Gen 2 8x. the Xeon may bottle neck but considering how little the benchmark utilises the CPU the results should be similar. Do you or anyone else want to see the results (separate thread)? And if possible would an Unreal 4 demo be good as well for a comparison?

PMSL

Edit: Nevermind. 

I ran Nvidia's own benchmarking tool (based on Unreal Engine 3). The Maximum FPS of the GTX 970 on its own became the average after I added the GTX 650 Ti. It may be the 2GB OC version of the card, but considering how much it was being throttled I was very surprised at the results. I should run it again with my Xeon and both cards at PCIe Gen 2 8x. the Xeon may bottle neck but considering how little the benchmark utilises the CPU the results should be similar. Do you or anyone else want to see the results (separate thread)? And if possible would an Unreal 4 demo be good as well for a comparison?

Thanks. Yep- would be interesting.

The more I see about GPU phs-x the more i'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

Thanks. Yep- would be interesting.

The more I see about GPU phs-x the more i'm glad I don't have to deal with it.

Its good for taking a lot of the load off a CPU, and making things look realistic. But the way it gets handled by Nvidia is frustrating at times.

Edit: Here's a link so you can try it yourself as well: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/put-your-system-through-its-paces-download-the-pla-directx-11-and-physx-benchmark

Edit 2: the download link is in the conclusion.

PMSL

Don't think it will work. Is that downloadable demo using CPU phsyX or GPU physX?

Because if it's GPU it will disable when a non-Nvidia GPU is detected.

This looks awesome... I need this now. Give.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Don't think it will work. Is that downloadable demo using CPU phsyX or GPU physX?

Because if it's GPU it will disable when a non-Nvidia GPU is detected.

It can run CPU PhysX but there is a massive performance hit.

PMSL

Hype-pic-300x300.png

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Hoe is this still on the first page?

Resurrection

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

it's not bullshit, it's reality.  :lol:  Velociraptor - turkey.

keep-calm-and-stop-your-lies-1.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

FILTH AND LIES *fingers in ears*

head-in-sand.png

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. I'm on the bandwagon. I already have it. and have already played too many hours considering its my exam period.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

How is this STILL first paged!?

People keep resurrecting it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.