Ubisoft ask for your forgiveness

uhMayzedHD

no. im never gonna forgive them. if they can't do something good enough, well then they don't deserve to be awarded for it.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

no. im never gonna forgive them. if they can't do something good enough, well then they don't deserve to be awarded for it.

there are talented people working there who work for their food, you don't have to respect the companies decision, respect the artists.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

there are talented people working there who work for their food, you don't have to respect the companies decision, respect the artists.

I respect the artists. but I don'T respect their superiors blocking them. who would want to work 4 years, and be told yeah, we need to butcher your desing cus sony and microsoft want to make money.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'm sure it's a great game and that the devs are 'sorry' andall that jazz but even if it was a flawless game, they've made soo many ACs that's it's just boring now, maybe if they released every couple of years instead of few months people would find these games enjoyable.

In my opinion AC 2 was amazing, brother hood was good and then after that it's just all the same, becoming generic and boring.

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

The biggest problem is that they release games too frequently.

I can come up with a few reasons why I could forgive them...

1.) They seem to have gotten the most flack for having to dumb down the graphics quality/resolution on console versions.  I'd moreso blame M$ and $ony due to their desires to go against the previous console launches and release consoles that make them profit instead of releasing better hardware at a loss and relying on decent games to make up for it (no decent games for either console on launch and arguably even now are proof in my books for that)

2.) They have been having to try and make decent ports to the last gen consoles which are far from being x86 compatible and obviously even worse off hardware wise.  Since they are now only going to be focusing on current gen consoles, I wouldn't be surprised if the PC ports are better because they don't have to factor in making their games work on older and harder to code for hardware.

The reason I won't though is their release cycle is worse than Call of Duty at this point.  They shouldn't have been working on a new Assassan's Creed, they should have been focusing on fixing Unity.  And as others have said already, I don't blame the devs, I blame those making the decisions for the devs.

I respect the artists. but I don'T respect their superiors blocking them. who would want to work 4 years, and be told yeah, we need to butcher your desing cus sony and microsoft want to make money.

Sony and Microsoft? So you're blaming it on console manufacturers as if Ubi doesn't self-publish and has no say in the matter?

No. These kinds of issues are caused by publishers like Ubisoft themselves trying to pump a game out annually instead of "when they're done". It's an issue brought forth by Activision and the fact that they've been able to outsell nearly every other franchise by shitting out copy/pasted games every 365 days for nearly a decade.

Sony and Microsoft (unless they're actually publishing) have little actual say in when games come out. They can lobby and pay incentives to publishers to push their developers, but the decision is ultimately made by those publishers. They're focused on making money for themselves, not Sony/MS.

Anywho, Unity is the only AC game I haven't played (not counting handeld games and such). The last AC game I played was Rogue, and I was honestly surprised by how a game that was basically copy/pasted from what I considered one of the better entries in the franchise since AC2 (Black Flag), was such a broken mess. They turned me away when they announced AC Unity as a multiplayer/co-op-focused game. I'll play it some day, but only when I can get it dirt cheap.

As for Syndicate, I'm actually a little hyped for this one. I hate the fact that Ubi is continuing the trend of annual release, but the setting... intrigues me. All I can think of when I see the art direction and gameplay is the movie Gangs of New York.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Sony and Microsoft? So you're blaming it on console manufacturers as if Ubi doesn't self-publish and has no say in the matter?

No. These kinds of issues are caused by publishers like Ubisoft themselves trying to pump a game out annually instead of "when they're done". It's an issue brought forth by Activision and the fact that they've been able to outsell nearly every other franchise by shitting out copy/pasted games every 365 days for nearly a decade.

Sony and Microsoft (unless they're actually publishing) have little actual say in when games come out. They can lobby and pay incentives to publishers to push their developers, but the decision is ultimately made by those publishers. They're focused on making money for themselves, not Sony/MS.

Anywho, Unity is the only AC game I haven't played (not counting handeld games and such). The last AC game I played was Rogue, and I was honestly surprised by how a game that was basically copy/pasted from what I considered one of the better entries in the franchise since AC2 (Black Flag), was such a broken mess. They turned me away when they announced AC Unity as a multiplayer/co-op-focused game. I'll play it some day, but only when I can get it dirt cheap.

As for Syndicate, I'm actually a little hyped for this one. I hate the fact that Ubi is continuing the trend of annual release, but the setting... intrigues me. All I can think of when I see the art direction and gameplay is the movie Gangs of New York.

then why do most publisher turn down graphics of their games to meet console requirements ? and they keep the downgrade for pc versions ? for fun ?

then why do most publisher turn down graphics of their games to meet console requirements ? and they keep the downgrade for pc versions ? for fun ?

They don't.

The only game I can think of where that was ever actually the case was Watchdogs.

If you want to talk about locked framerates and stuff... that's usually explained by lazy design and/or inexperienced developers. For instance, the issues with Dark Souls, which was admittedly the fault of developers inexperienced with porting games to PC.

What are you expecting developers to do? Double the amount of work they have to do within their limited timeframes to basically produce twice as many assets just so that it fits your bloated expectations of what a PC game needs to be?

Nvm, you're right... I'm sure every game since 2010 hasn't been released with a 4k textures option because the developers want to make more money for Sony...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

They don't.

The only game I can think of where that was ever actually the case was Watchdogs.

If you want to talk about locked framerates and stuff... that's usually explained by lazy design and/or inexperienced developers. For instance, the issues with Dark Souls, which was admittedly the fault of developers inexperienced with porting games to PC.

What are you expecting developers to do? Double the amount of work they have to do within their limited timeframes to basically produce twice as many assets just so that it fits your bloated expectations of what a PC game needs to be?

Nvm, you're right... I'm sure every game since 2010 hasn't been released with a 4k textures option because the developers want to make more money for Sony...

no. im not sayin they should double the effort. but if they make a trailer that looks real and amazing, and call it in game . well the damn game should look like the trailer.

also, no they should not double efforts in same time. they should put on themselves a release date, and then if the game is not done, NOT announce it. and keep working on it.

no. im not sayin they should double the effort. but if they make a trailer that looks real and amazing, and call it in game . well the damn game should look like the trailer.

also, no they should not double efforts in same time. they should put on themselves a release date, and then if the game is not done, NOT announce it. and keep working on it.

In a perfect world where publishers don't compete for sales... that might be within the realm of possibility.

Ubisoft just stop. We don't need these propaganda videos. You fucked up and was concerned more about the money than actually making a good game. 

We just want good pc ports and games which actually works on day one(remember we payed you for a full product!). Is that really to much to ask for?

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

In a perfect world where publishers don't compete for sales... that might be within the realm of possibility.

I basicly just explain how me and my friend plan to run our studio. see ya in a couple of years.

By that logic, the next time you fuck up at work, you'll be fired and never get a job again in your life.

Now as for this video, I feel like it's just PR to promote the next game.

Sony and Microsoft are big douches with devs. They absolutely refuse to allow crossplatform servers. They released consoles that were subpar at launch to pc components that was 3 years old. Ubisoft was the dev targetted by this but when you look at it, the console version of the witcher 3 will have the same downgrade, pretty much any game gets a downgrade visually compared to PC.

You dont get to "self-publish on consoles", you publish if Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo authorize you to. It's like saying you can publish apps on the apple store without Apple's approval.

This shit reminds of when skyrim paying mods happened and everyone hated super hard on Valve while Bethesda sat in a corner and nobody said a thing about it.

Videos definitely more of a PR tool/advertisement than an apology, with that said I hold no grudges against Ubisoft should they release a game I'm interested in, they can have my money.  

I totally believe the devs feel sorry I would too if I worked on something for years and then it's so broken with your bosses not allowing it to be fixed.
I'm for sure not going to pre order but I'll wait till the game is released and if it's polished and they fixed some game design issues from Unity I'll happily buy the game.

RTX2070OC 

For me its not about forgiveness its more the fact that its just the same game again im bored of this now and a chariot isnt going to change that

By that logic, the next time you fuck up at work, you'll be fired and never get a job again in your life.

Now as for this video, I feel like it's just PR to promote the next game.

Sony and Microsoft are big douches with devs. They absolutely refuse to allow crossplatform servers. They released consoles that were subpar at launch to pc components that was 3 years old. Ubisoft was the dev targetted by this but when you look at it, the console version of the witcher 3 will have the same downgrade, pretty much any game gets a downgrade visually compared to PC.

You dont get to "self-publish on consoles", you publish if Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo authorize you to. It's like saying you can publish apps on the apple store without Apple's approval.

This shit reminds of when skyrim paying mods happened and everyone hated super hard on Valve while Bethesda sat in a corner and nobody said a thing about it.

Needing permission to publish on a console has nothing to do with whether or not a console manufacturer has any say in how the game is developed. Which they don't. The only way that they do is when they pay off a publisher to do something specific for them. Even then, it's up to that publisher whether they take the bait or not. Look at CDPR with the Witcher 2. They didn't want to force people to pay for DLC, even on consoles. So they delayed the release of the Witcher 2 on consoles, and ultimately shipped what was DLC on PC with the game on consoles.

Also, cross-platform play is complicated, not to mention a completely useless example of what you're trying to argue. With PC games, there are public servers that everyone must connect to to play a game. With consoles, you must connect to the manufacturer's servers before you can connect to the game's servers, if the game even has its own servers. To allow cross-platform play between consoles would require Sony and Microsoft both agreeing to allow their consoles to connect to each other via their own networks... which is probably never going to happen. Ever. There are other complications when it comes to linking PC and console games, and it has in fact been tried before. Ever heard of Shadowrun?

Still, those things have nothing to do with the quality of a game when it's released on PC. That's entirely the fault of the publisher and developer. 

Also, everyone was hard on Valve because they expect better of Valve. Bethesda has a history of being greedy and bullying other companies (through court, even) when their bottom line is involved. Blaming Bethesda for that stupid move was a given, but it was unexpected of Valve for a lot of people.

And of course games get visual downgrades when they're released on consoles and PCs. But if a developer/publisher chooses not to allow the game to perform/look/play better on PC, that's entirely their own doing.

People need to stop blaming consoles for shit consoles have nothing to do with, and start placing the blame on greedy and/or lazy publishers and developers.

It smell fishy that they didn't do this apologies when AC: Unity had launch.

Do you think they really mean it? Or is it just Bullshit?

I literally burst out laughing at the sad music in the intro.

Okay, I can sympathize somewhat with the developers who probably do care about the game and may or may not have been given any choice in what state Assassins Creed Unity released in. But for me the most damning thing is that Ubisoft held their review embargo for twelve hours after release. That is what pushes it beyond "Sorry, our ambitions got ahead of us" and into "We knew we had to hide this game until you bought it" territory. That, to me, is way more important than the glitches in the game. Where's that apology?

Why not apologize for putting microtransactions in a $59.99 single-player game?  Why not apologize for putting out this video while the game is [as far as I know] still a legendary mess? Why not delay Assassin's Creed: Syndicate to at least give the appearance of being committed to Unity?

Basically, if anyone's going to apologize I think it should be Ubisoft's executives, not Ubisoft's rank and file developers. And that apology should come in the from of action, not words.

and where is the sorry? i only heard 'buy our next game' 

no

I heard the same thing. They basically state they were too ambitious and the city was so large and detailed. Not one apology. They sound more shameful than sorry (as they should). Then they go into a 'we are keeping that same ambition' attitude. A guy literally says, 'We want to do something that doesn't exist. We don't know how we will make it.' That line alone makes me believe the next AC will run just as shitty as Unity. They are too rushed.

**** Ubi****!  I expect them to get back to digging really soon.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S