[CA-NCIX] Asus Strix 980 and Asus ROG Swift $1500CAD

that card is 555.00 at new egg

proof?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

that card is 555.00 at new egg

Have you considered the state of the Canadian dollar?

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Canada and US are border buddies. Canadians just need to get a mailing address in one of the northern states and then they can benefit from sales from both countries. Problem solved.

I feel bad for Australia...

thats like telling texas to get a canadian address for its canadian...stuff

Canada and US are border buddies. Canadians just need to get a mailing address in one of the northern states and then they can benefit from sales from both countries. Problem solved.

I feel bad for Australia...

Can't tell if you're serious...

Can't tell if you're serious...

I'll let you marinate in thought a little bit longer haha  :P

thats like telling texas to get a canadian address for its canadian...stuff

It's not a terrible idea if you live close enough to the border. 

I'll let you marinate in thought a little bit longer haha  :P

It's not a terrible idea if you live close enough to the border. 

But it's not like you can cross the border willy nilly...they don't let you do that anymore. 

But it's not like you can cross the border willy nilly...they don't let you do that anymore.

Just for clarity I was kidding. But all you need is a pass port, isn't it?

Just for clarity I was kidding. But all you need is a pass port, isn't it?

You also need documents showing what you're doing in the country. They've cracked down on CA/US border crossings in the last 5-10 years or so because a lot of criminals going through Canada to get to the US easier. 

You also need documents showing what you're doing in the country. They've cracked down on CA/US border crossings in the last 5-10 years or so because a lot of criminals going through Canada to get to the US easier.

The border is not like that at all, I go to Canada about once a month and all you need is a passport no other "documents" hell I've gone over to Canada before just to get their Tim Horton's because the ones on the US side have terrible coffee IMO.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Not here in Detroit at least. I gone over and back all the time visiting family. Maybe because I'm a us citizen going over? All I need is my enhanced license and they just check my plates. Besides that nothing

The border is not like that at all, I go to Canada about once a month and all you need is a passport no other "documents" hell I've gone over to Canada before just to get their Tim Horton's because the ones on the US side have terrible coffee IMO.

Going from U.S to Canada is very easy. As a non U.S citizen going from Canada to U.S needs more documentation.

@ZTech

@Kyuubixchidori

@insulin shots

.. or any one else..

Could any one confirm/clarify if traveling across the border with packaged, finished, retails goods plays any part in how easy it is?  

Is going across the border to have lunch or coffee the same as taking a thousand US-dollars of unopened products to Canada?  There's no import fee.. or tariff.. or any other kind of tax to pay at the border or via some sort of other payment system?  Or has NAFTA removed the need for that?

I go to Toronto at least once a month... it's not difficult at all. Passport only.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

@ZTech

@Kyuubixchidori

@insulin shots

.. or any one else..

Could any one confirm/clarify if traveling across the border with packaged, finished, retails goods plays any part in how easy it is?

Is going across the border to have lunch or coffee the same as taking a thousand US-dollars of unopened products to Canada? There's no import fee.. or tariff.. or any other kind of tax to pay at the border or via some sort of other payment system? Or has NAFTA removed the need for that?

They never once gone though my belongings. If you have a box of products, I don't see how they could charge you unless you planned on reselling them

Some amazon deals get really crazy low that even conversion rates wont atte.I live in Toronto and have a U.S mailing address through reship.

Heres a post I made before somewhere else:

Reship.com I use it for glasses more so then pc components.Buy ray bans for $70 then sell for more.Even with the conversion rates.Shipping by amazon btw.So to consider if its worth it you would have to do.

X=Final item price(USD)                                 S=Shipping                                              5 for account activation (USD)May have changed its only once so whatever

X+S+5=TOTAL PRICE x Conversion rate = Worth or not?  Compare it to the CAD/CDN VALUE

Use this too find how much shipping is ?Easier on amazon because they send dimensions weight etc

http://www.reship.com/ui/ShippingEstimate.aspx

Usually like 30 to Toronto most times

Well I haven't been to the border for a while but when I did years ago, they asked us a lot of questions and asked us to show them our travel information. I would assume it's only gotten stricter since then but I can't be sure. 

There's a certain dollar amount you are allowed to bring back tax free, if you are planning to buy a lot of things rip any price stickers off and make the box look like it's been owned for a bit... Also don't save the reciepts.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

I go to Toronto at least once a month... it's not difficult at all. Passport only.

Being a US citizen and entering Canada is fine. But being Canadian and crossing to the US is a real pain now.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |