An all AMD build a good idea?

Assassin

I'm planning to go in for an all AMD build with the fX8350's and 7950's. But i noticed that it will cost around as much as 4670k. what advantage will i get with a 8350?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I'd go for an AMD gpu and Intel processor personally.  AMD is very competitive performance wise with Nvidia, but not so much with Intel. 

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

It's not intel? those bigoted cocky butt munchers.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I'd go for an AMD cpu and Intel processor personally.  AMD is very competitive performance wise with Nvidia, but not so much with Intel. 

you mean amd gpu and intel processor?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I'm looking at an AMD build to yer its a good idea!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Here come the fanboys. AMD is fine for gaming. Intel is more powerful, but for gaming concerns your FPS isn't going to change much. Games haven't required super high-end CPUs since like 2008. An 8320 is a perfect (and not expensive) CPU for gaming. People will tell you otherwise, but there is also a good saying "it's easy to spend someone else's money". Now as for the price difference between the 4670K and 8350, I'd go with the 4670K. However do take into account that AM3 motherboards are a lot cheaper, so factor that into cost as well. Next, I would say consider an 8320, as far as games are concerned this is fine for gaming, as games right now won't utilize all the "cores" on an 8350. As for GPUs, AMD is great price to performance but the 7000 series is starting to age now and they still have that crossfire issue which as as far as I'm aware was supposed to be resolved at the end of last month. 

I would say so. Just look at the rig in my sig. It is a beast and is all AMD.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

I started out with Intel AGES ago, changed to AMD about 4 systems back and have not looked back.  IMO if your simply using the system for gaming and general usage then yes go with AMD, if your looking for High End Video Editing, High End Photo Editing and other HEAVY DUTY uses then go Intel.

Dollar for dollar AMD wins for your major gamer and average user

Power wise though, for the bigger jobs Intel is the best contender.

Did that level of stupidity come naturally?  or did it take practice?

Me: "DUCK!", Brother: "Where?", *CRACK*, Me: "Dumbass" as dialing 911

I run an AMD CPU (8320) and a GPU, they work well together for the wanna-be-fanboy in all of us!

Now to the actual facts, as has been stated: The CPU will be cheaper, and the GPU will compete with Nvidia.

The CPU is 8 cores, and as of recent, that doesn't mean but a very little boost because games can't take it. However! With the new CPU's in the consoles having so many cores, more games will be more optimized to run better with more cores.

Good luck with your build, and don't listen to the fan boys. An AMD system will run fantastic, and will often cost less on the CPU side (vrs. a high end intel).

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Also: The crossfire issue with the AMD GPU's are being worked out. The issue is micro stuttering when doing a 2 way crossfire. Its all software... Just thought I'd throw that out. Once the new drivers release, the issue should be resolved.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

you mean amd gpu and intel processor?

Yes AMD GPU!  My bad!

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

You get more cores which will help with heavily threaded applications like those for editing/rendering, when you're streaming, and perhaps future games with the 8350.

The 4670k should excel in everything else. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.