Emojipedia found new emoji icons in Windows 10. Includes skin tone nutural emoji's and middle finger

GoodBytes

I am surprised about the middle finger one.

This "politically correct crap" isn't hampering you in any way. Move on.

Well aren't you rude. If I have to see it then ye it is an annoying problem. 

Emojis are icons.. Emoticons, aka Emotional Icons.

Okay here we go.

An emotion icon, better known by the portmanteau emoticon (/ɨˈmtɨkɒn/) is a metacommunicative pictorial representation of a facial expression that, in the absence of body language and prosody, serves to draw a receiver's attention to the tenor or temper of a sender's nominal verbal communication, changing and improving its interpretation. It expresses — usually by means of punctuation marks (though it can include numbers and letters) — a person's feelings or mood, though as emoticons have become more popular, some devices have provided stylized pictures that do not use punctuation.

In Western countries, emoticons are usually written at a right angle to the direction of the text. Users from Japan popularized a kind of emoticons called kaomojis (顔文字, often confused with emojis in the West) that can be understood without tilting one's head to the left. This style arose on ASCII NET of Japan in 1986.[1][2]

As social media has become widespread, emoticons have played a significant role in communication through technology. They offer another range of "tone" and feeling through texting that portrays specific emotions through facial gestures while in the midst of text-based cyber communication.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon

Emoji (絵文字(えもじ)?, Japanese pronunciation: [emodʑi]) are the ideograms or smileys used in Japanese electronic messages and Web pages, the use of which is spreading outside Japan. Originally meaning pictograph, the word emoji literally means "picture" (e) + "character" (moji). The characters are used much like ASCII emoticons or kaomoji, but a wider range is provided, and the icons are standardized and built into the handsets.

Although originally only available in Japan, some emoji character sets have been incorporated into Unicode, allowing them to be used elsewhere as well. As a result, emoji have become increasingly popular after their international inclusion in Apple's iOS in 2011 as the Apple Color Emoji typeface,[1][2] which was followed by similar adoption by Android and other mobile operating systems.[3] Apple's OS X operating system supports emoji as of version 10.7 (Lion).[4] Microsoft added monochrome Unicode emoji coverage to the Segoe UI Symbol system font in Windows 8 and added color emoji in Windows 8.1 via the Segoe UI Emoji font.

The exact appearance of Emoji is not prescribed but varies between fonts, in the same way that normal typefaces can display a letter differently. For example, Apple Color Emoji font is proprietary to Apple, and can only be used on Apple devices. Different computing companies have developed their own fonts to display emoji, some of which have been open-sourced to permit their reuse.[5][6] Both colour and monochrome emoji typefaces exist, as well as at least one animated design.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji

Apple Color Emoji is a color typeface used by iOS and OS X to provide support for the Unicode emoji characters first used in Japanese mobile phones and more recently in other devices globally.[1] Instead of a black & white outline, the typeface has full color images for each of the 889 glyphs it supports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Color_Emoji

I have no idea how the hell you pulled the word emoticon out of emoji. They are different things. Emoji, emoticon, and kaomojis are all different things. The only difference being that emoticons and kaomojis are ASCII-based and emojis are not. What you're referring to is the color typeface Microsoft has developed for the Unicode emojis, not "icons".

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Well alrighty then.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Lol, listen mate.. They're icons..

You know you have no leg to stand on when you completely ignore every factual point I made and just revert to trying to tell me I'm wrong with absolutely nothing to back up your statements. Heck, you probably didn't even read my whole post so you probably don't even understand why you're wrong in the first place. Ignorance is bliss they say.

Its okay to be wrong and its okay to admit it when it happens.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

You know you have no leg to stand on when you completely ignore every factual point I made and just revert to trying to tell me I'm wrong with absolutely nothing to back up your statements. Heck, you probably didn't even read my whole post so you probably don't even understand why you're wrong in the first place. Ignorance is bliss they say.

Its okay to be wrong and its okay to admit it when it happens.

Did you bother to look up the definition of emoji?

e·mo·ji

ēˈmōjē/

noun

a small digital image or icon used to express an idea, emotion, etc., in electronic communication.

"emoji liven up your text messages with tiny smiley faces"

Lol internet genius...

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

"Skin tone neutral" as if gray is a neutral skin tone...how graycist.

Social Justice Warriors worldwide can now rejoice, as you can now have grey-skin coloured people. Stop the oppression. 

"If I don't survive, tell my wife..... hello"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Did you bother to look up the definition of emoji?

Lol internet genius...

That is not what you were referring to. You said that the "icons" Microsoft made were ugly/looked bad. What they made is called a color typeface. Not icons.

Did you bother to look up the definition of typeface?

typeface
[ ˈtīpˌfās ]
NOUN printing
a particular design of type.

Lol internet genius...

That is not what you were referring to. You said that the "icons" Microsoft made were ugly/looked bad. What they made is called a color typeface. Not icons.

Did you bother to look up the definition of typeface?

Lol internet genius...

Hahaha yup... Look at the title of this thread.

You should go outside and play or something.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

Don't really see the need for different coloured ones, seems like a waste of space in the .. damm it can't remember what its called, the place where you find them 

i call it the emoji tray. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.