if you could design your own hardware... what would it look like?

pit5000

This is a stupid topic idea but I was bored. If you could design your own hardware what would it look like and why?

Here's my idea.. I call it The Sexy Radeon Titan Hex-SLI-Fire Graphics Card!

My concept is ugly but I think the idea is awesome.

What do you guys think?

What hardware designs would you like to see?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

i would love a sith holocron case , why you ask ? because its awesome 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I'm working on my own case at the moment. its around the size of a 900d and can fit 3x 480 radiators.

not finished yet but here it is so far:

1_zpsaf5cf17b.jpg

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I don't know why but that video was quite funny

Currently in the process of designing my own case as well. It will be fairly small though, the idea behind it is fitting a full size rig in a smaller package.

I would make a series of parts that look like there from tron( like some of the rog stuff but back and that white(ish) blue color) 

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I don't know why but that video was quite funny

thanks i guess..., i thought of this design in about 45 seconds.., the main support structure for the extra PCB will actually be the heat sink itself. If something like this can be built, we could have a card with the power of 4-6 GTX Titans in the space of only 5 or 6 expansion slots...

I'm not an engineer so I dont know for sure if the cooling would be enough.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Been working on this one for a couple years now.

Sf7tPfQ.png

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

Im a massive fanboy of dynasty warriors and the romance of the three kingdoms(ps there are actually four kingdoms) anyways my products would be based on wei,wu and shu and then for ultimate overclocking and fancy stuff i would have LU BU edition(maybe feng hsien which was his real name but it sounds more badass). This would be great as it products a red,blue and green colour scheme and then I could have a mess around scheme like white or something. 

The name would be Mistical. (mistry is my surname so no i didnt spell it wrong).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

thanks i guess..., i thought of this design in about 45 seconds.., the main support structure for the extra PCB will actually be the heat sink itself. If something like this can be built, we could have a card with the power of 4-6 GTX Titans in the space of only 5 or 6 expansion slots...

I'm not an engineer so I dont know for sure if the cooling would be enough.

I think you're forgetting lane bandwidth, there's no way you could utilize that power. On top of that we are still limited to 4-way SLi. Cooling solution could work with an external rad, but pure air heatsink is not gonna be enough, plus you will need some way to stabilize the card. Current cards are renowned for bending the PCI-E socket (ASUS DCII as an example), so imagine that x6.

a clean quad core A15  picoboard with onboard FPGA chip capable of accelerating cryptography of any type

running openbsd for enhanced security 

the FPGA chip would read and write in AES 256(or any of your choosing) from/to an SD card (everything is encrypted)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm not sure, but whatever it would be, it would be minimalistic.

I would agree there!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

^That is actual size

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

Let silverstone design everything.

I need more SSDs.