Do 12 year old kids with quad titans bother you too?

JewishBacon

(^◡^)っ✂

That changes everything though, quite a big detail to leave out that the kid was acting up like an asshole.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

of course, I'm just a jealous bastard

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Not so much in the United States

But prices are much lower in the US so it often equals out

I couldn't care less. By the time I was twelve, I was well off (for my age)... on my own account. If you are smart age doesn't matter. 

We have very high minimum wages here :)

Where dafuq are you from?

With 34$/h you would earn more in a week than i do a month.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

The 12 year old kids that don't appreciate the expensive shit there parents bought them is what bothers me.

That changes everything though, quite a big detail to leave out that the kid was acting up like an asshole.

I edited that in to the post. Probably should of put it in there in the first place.

We have very high minimum wages here :)

You sure it's USD.....cause it's probably HKD. Last time i checked it was like 30HKD(2013).

Le....friend buys a Rampage 5 Extreme and 4 GTX 980s and finds out the board only supports 3 way SLI. HAHA 

All he plays is LoL....what a spoiled kid. 

What could they possibly be using 4 titans for?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Whatever.

I am comfortable with my rig and what it does for the things i use it for.

People will have better rigs .

Unless you have double 24 core xeon and quad titan X  people will have better rigs than you.

Thats life.

You sure it's USD.....cause it's probably HKD. Last time i checked it was like 30HKD(2013).

I earn $210HK/hr, which is around $30 US

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

protip: if a squeaker on CS tells you they have quad titans, odds are, they're lying.

Also if they tell you they are smurfing and their main is GE yet they have a steam level 10 :lol:

Doesn't bother me, I worked hard for what i have and that's all that matters. It's like if you see someone roll past in a bentley, you will stop and admire but you wont hate the bloke for having it.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

If the parents are able to, why not?there's really nothing wrong with an expensive overpowered pc for your kids. It's not like everyone has to learn to treat their stuff carefully by beingvirtually poor. A $500 pc wont be much different than a $5000 one if they kids still think it's dispossble

Is the entitled one the one that has things, or the one that feels that the one who has things doesn't deserve those things because he/she can't have them?

Why the automatic assumption that these hypothetical 12 year olds don't deserve Titans? Maybe there are some good kids out there that bust their asses to help mom around the house and such. 

It's funny times we're living in. Parents don't give kids things = bad parenting.
Parents give their kids more than some arbitrary standard = bad parenting. 

Yeah, yeah. Some kids are brats and get things they don't deserve. So what of it? Here's a lesson some millennials still haven't learned even though it's utter cliche at this point; life ain't fair, Jack. 

But if you keep staring at the other guy's hand you can't make a good play with the cards you're dealt. Be humble. Justice is illusory. When it comes to entitlement, we're not even entitled to our very breath. 

But prices are much lower in the US so it often equals out

74% less?  I don't know where he's from.  Edit: he's from hong kong, I'll have to look into it.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

The amount of generalisation is high in this thread :P

Edit: Personally know a rich kid with Titans in his build. As rich as he may be, he's one of the good kids I know. Respectful towards his seniors. Takes care of his Grandparents.

but he can be real lazy somethimes.... good kid though...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Rich kids don't bother me. They're kids, selfish by nature rich or not. It's the parents you should worry about.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm 17, but I've been into computers since I was around 10 (Pentium4 Hype?). I worked my ass off with part time jobs (bearing in mind minimum wage here is $32USD) during my Middle and High school to afford what I have today without borrowing a dime. I guess it's different for people who've got richer parents - Who are we to tell people how to spend their cash?

Personally, While I don't exactly plan to buy any future kids Quad Titans (especially seeing as I cant have kids of my own), I'd probably be alright with a $700ish build and I'd hope to pass the passion on.

No, it's not $32 us dollars an hour lol. Its 32 hong kong dollars which turns out to be $4.13 us dollars per hour. Learn conversation rates. Geesh. Also its going up to HK$32.50 per hour is the minimum wage in Hong Kong. Remember not USD.

$34 an hour?  I get 9.25 where I work, minimum is 8.75.. 

My computer is my Christmas and birthday money that I saved one year (before I got a job)

Its not $34 USD. Its $32 Hong Kong dollar which does not equal a USD. It would be $4.13 USD. Minimum wage where you live is higher than Hong Kong.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I cant be the only one on here who is severely bothered by all these spoiled kids whose parents pay 5 grand for them to play minecraft on 64 gigs of Dom Plats.  

if you got your kid a baller overkill pc please explain yourself.

I'm 14, have an AMD A10-7850K with a GTX 970. Paid for it myself. And if a 12-year old wants to play BF4 on three 4K monitors on high settings at 60fps, I don't see a problem with that.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Ironic how the formula for nurturing children into become successful adults, is thrown out the window by some parents who are financially successful. There's nothing to be jealous about. That 12 year old will probably grow up to be a useless entitled dead weight on society, not having developed the proper neural pathways to be successful. You could run into these leeches years later, and they will still be swearing into a doritos-stained microphone and bragging about their killer rig.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

From what I have seen outside of the tech scene. It's usually because the parents have no idea of how to actually be a parent, so they spend a lot on something that will act as the parents. Like an console or high end PC. However, they're usually spoiled rotten and get the best of the best, leaving the kids able to walk over their parents like they were nothing. THAT is what annoys me, not the fact that kids are getting hardware that is better than mine. Heck, I don't even play really high intense games anymore. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1. They do it cause they enjoy building PC's and are rich, so, why not?

2. They do it because they lack parenting skills, and think money can make their kids love them more and/or get rid of them. 

Wait what?... that works on me. But you could change the words "get rid" with occupying children to not bother the parents when they have something important to do.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I'm 14, have an AMD A10-7850K with a GTX 970. Paid for it myself. And if a 12-year old wants to play BF4 on three 4K monitors on high settings at 60fps, I don't see a problem with that.

I dont think you got the money by doing something for someone. Atleast in my country I wasnt able to do anything when I was 14.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.