I Prefer 30FPS over 60FPS?

Lolzious

I can't stand low framerates. Movies have so much judder that they're annoying to watch, especially the high action ones. Games need a minimum of 60fps minimums for me; the dips are just unacceptable. Videos of real life in 60fps seem too slow and restricted as if the person in the video can't move fast enough. IMO, real life videos need to be shot in greater than 60fps. 

Motherboard: MSI A88X-G43 ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($58.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Intel 530 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Intel 530 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($228.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $991.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-28 21:12 EDT-0400

$990 USD, which is $1200 CAD. And thats being generous on pricing. People can't ever accept advice anymore. Good luck getting a grand for an outdated system. 

This is a bit on the expensive side for a moderate 1080p gaming rig. You can do slightly better with about $700.

Not on a display with a fixed frame rate which is not a multiple of 45hz.

Yeah, you're right about that.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

i just watched a video on YT 720p 60 fps ,damn dat smoothness, than it buffered and it went to 420p, eeeeeehhhhhhhh

also i watched the hobbit HFR 48 fps, :OOOO

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

30FPS looks horrid especially when you're used to 144FPS. 30FPS does not look more "cinematic" in video games - it's choppy. Movies are able to achieve low frame rates due to motion blur.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Thats because it's JUMPING up to 60FPS, while it's usually sitting at 30. This change in frames is what makes it look weird.

Thats because it's JUMPING up to 60FPS, while it's usually sitting at 30. This change in frames is what makes it look weird.

I got a lot of replies from people saying this.

Today I turned down the settings in GTA 5, and locked it at 60fps, I couldn't stand it. (yes I was getting a constant 50-70 fps)

30FPS looks horrid especially when you're used to 144FPS. 30FPS does not look more "cinematic" in video games - it's choppy. Movies are able to achieve low frame rates due to motion blur.

Maybe for you. I can't imagine the settings you'd need to get a constant 144 fps with a 3570k and 970 :0

It could be that I'm using a TV as a monitor?

I don't understand. It's not a matter of how it really looks. It's a matter of input lag. Especially in any game with cars or shooting, 30fps is extremely laggy for input and that's fact.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

>bought a new computer

>achieved video games in 60 fps

>never want to look at 30 fps

I have to agree, 30 fps is far superior for a cinematic experience. I also am able to take a swig of Mountain Dew and eat a handful of Doritos between each frame which is super handy and adds to the cinematic experience I am after.

Alright, you simply see through the eyes of a peasant. Nothing wrong with that, do you have motion blur on when you play? I know 60fps VIDEOS on youtube can look fake at times, but while playing any games 30fps can hurt my head.

Take five minutes and get used to it. I promise 60fps is better.

This is probably due to you used to watching TV, and non 60 fps youtube, and you are just used to it

over 100fps but stuck at 60fps because of my monitor master-race!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd