Custom Hand made Headphone stand (Lots of pictures) [FINISHED]

Toasted Waffles

Making the rough scared the crap out of me because it can be hard to see the overall final look from a single block of 4x4. I knew what I wanted and was determined to get it. Many times through the final process I still filled here and there to finally achieve the look I really wanted.

I wanted it to match my setup that I have and thats why I went with a stain. I did a Semi - Transparent Cayenne red from Cabot.

and your in luck It's finally done and will be posting pictures very soon. :D

Nice!! Sounds awesome! Your system must look great with it too!

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

The Final Installment

I just want to take a moment and thank everyone who gave me feed back to this project and I'm really thinking about doing more of these types of projects.

So for the final part I took pictures of the final stages of sanding and preparing, I did two more coats of black paint for all the hardware and then did a Cayenne Cabot Semi-Transparent stain for the wood. This project has been a blast and I really want to work on another project :D  - please give me ideas :D.

So without further to do here is the final pictures and thank you everyone :D

puPvwRM.jpgm2JbV00.jpgKwHP4xj.jpg

Getting read for stain 

Giy099v.jpg

814VTIz.jpg

The Finally 

9dHB7Bz.jpg

D8Ay1C4.jpgRLi8FBj.jpg5GcqGXB.jpg

j358oL9.jpgpoAocJc.jpg

And here it is on the system "The Beauty and the Beast"

aTvbK8o.jpg

Once again thank everyone one this post and everyone who viewed it. This is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum time and time again. I hope I can do more projects like this very soon.

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

I would love to have some feedback on this project, thinking of starting another project now.

Spoiler

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

neat holder. i would have suggested routered out the spot where the screw head would be so that the screw head sits at or below the wood. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

neat holder. i would have suggested a dovetail where the metal touches the wood or routered out the spot where the screw head would be so that the screw head sits at or below the wood. 

ways to remove the screw or hide the screw. 

I really wanted to do the same thing, the problem was the curve into the top was almost touching the carved out part for the metal. If I did that It would be a very thin piece of wood and would've broken. If I make it again I will use a low profile screw / hex bolt.

Spoiler

I think the wood could have used a bit of finer sanding (600-1000+ grit) and maybe a coat of lacquer to protect the wood.  Other than that, looking very good

I think the wood could have used a bit of finer sanding (600-1000+ grit) and maybe a coat of lacquer to protect the wood.  Other than that, looking very good

The stain I used has a lacquer in it and the sanding was already a pain as this wood didn't not want to be sanded :C If I had the higher grit sandpaper I would of used that. but Thank you :D

Spoiler

Highest you really need to go is 220 for a finish, just make sure everything is smooth. You're using a softer greener pine as well, which is hard to get to a good finish on 

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker