HD700 yes or no?

Cookybiscuit
Go to solution Solved by creatip123,

HD700 is kinda funny. Some people like it (me included), others dislike it. It's not like HD800, which most people like, and the others are just indifferent (not dislike).

It's certainly warmer than HD800, but not dark as HD650. It's kinda a gamble, you might like it, then again, you might not.

Well, if you're buying from amazon, dig up some info about return policy. If they allow returns (maybe losing a bit of shipping money), then yeah, just go for it. Compare the 2, get rid of the one you like less. Or keep both of them, just because....

HD600 is like that and most if not all call it warm. Like I said previously, I think it's warm tilted neutral.

Something like HD650 i probably would call warm

just so you know, neutral means no coloration, warm is used to describe frequency response. HD600 is warm yes, but again, the pandora hope VI have a seperate BA drivers, it is used to add brightness.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

just so you know, neutral means no coloration, warm is used to describe frequency response. HD600 is warm yes, but again, the pandora hope VI have a seperate BA drivers, it is used to add brightness.

Define a "neutral" headphone.

Good luck.

just so you know, neutral means no coloration, warm is used to describe frequency response.

Thanks for the lesson Mr. Valhallatier. You spent some cash on expensive headphones, so that makes you our sensei now.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Goddamn, I just noticed this. What's the difference between "coloration" and "frequency response"?

Got the HD700 today, they sound kind of crappy compared to the HD650's I've got.

Any suggestions? Or are they just not to my taste?

Got the HD700 today, they sound kind of crappy compared to the HD650's I've got.

I'm not surprised. Ditch 'em for HE-400i.

Most definitely not your taste. As many of us before, HD700 is love it or hate it. Like SSL said, HE-400i is an option. If you want something that sounds like HD650 with better bass, get oppo PM-2

Gonna just send them back then. I'm in the UK, doesn't look like the HE-400i is on Amazon, anything else in the 350 quid price range?

Define a "neutral" headphone.

Good luck.

didn't i just said this in my previous post?

Goddamn, I just noticed this. What's the difference between "coloration" and "frequency response"?

coloration is when the color of the sound changes, like pitch sort of, like if an old lady sounds like a teen, that's when there's coloration. and if you dont know frequency response, you should make a thread about that ;)

that's what happen when you dont audition first, even the HD800 doesn't fit my taste.

coloration is when the color of the sound changes, like pitch sort of, like if an old lady sounds like a teen, that's when there's coloration. and if you dont know frequency response, you should make a thread about that ;)

Egad.

coloration is when the color of the sound changes, like pitch sort of, like if an old lady sounds like a teen, that's when there's coloration.

"Coloration is when color changes." - Valhallatier, 2015

"...Like pitch sort of."

Very few headphones turn old ladies into teenagers, FYI.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Gonna just send them back then. I'm in the UK, doesn't look like the HE-400i is on Amazon, anything else in the 350 quid price range?

650 is best headphone - trying others will only make you realize this more and more. B)

Maybe a Fostex TH600 for a more bassy experience?

650 is best headphone - trying others will only make you realize this more and more. B)

HE-500 stomps all over 650 yo. Bass extension, imaging and treble extension

HE-500 stomps all over 650 yo. Bass extension, imaging and treble extension

Even if he was being serious, who seriously cares which headphone is best. People like what they like. Hell, even some people have good things to say about fucking Grado.

running them off my motherboard audio.

Thanks.

Get a decent dac/amp like o2+odac (best one with rca output so you can use the dac on its own) and if you want an upgrade go hd 800s or some electrostatic headphones.

I have both laying around and imho the upgrade is not really worth it.

But driving decent headphones from your mobo is a big nono.

But driving decent headphones from your mobo is a big nono.

I recommend it.

"Coloration is when color changes." - Valhallatier, 2015

"...Like pitch sort of."

Very few headphones turn old ladies into teenagers, FYI.

what are you trying to tell? all audio technica's line up are colored, sennheiser HD line up below HD700 are colored. there are more sound colored headphones than there are neutral. 

if people could stop caring about how it "supposed to sound like" then i agree

what are you trying to tell? all audio technica's line up are colored, sennheiser HD line up below HD700 are colored. there are more sound colored headphones than there are neutral. 

#1slow3me

What in fucks name are you blathering about this time?

The HD 800s with their artificial treble are not really neutral and the lack of full range sonic reproduction for a flagship is sad as well. This was discussed many times so I just leave it at that.

I had to tame mine to make comfortable listen possible. So the only Sennheiser upgrade in my opinion to some HD 600s/650s would be the HE90 but at this point really just get some 009s...

I recommend it.

This is easily misunderstood.