Does people still appreciate real music like what "Oasis" makes ?

Gigamegabyte

It really WAS better in my time.

According to you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

-snip-

"So you have to justify your reason to listen to metal? Instead of enjoying it as is?"

- Random internet commenter.

Just listen to what you enjoy, no need to hate on other genres.

Yes, I did and do enjoy some 90's stuff, but people are still making that stuff. Some remixes are really good and I've heard some great trance the last couple of years.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Jack White. 

I like wonderwall

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Oasis still makes music? :o

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

The idea of "mainstream" music has pretty much died with music. It's not like it used to be where good music spread person-to-person, thus everyone listened to that one good song/band. The internet has made it so people can search what they want specifically, thus breaking people up into much smaller, localized subcultures. What is considered "mainstream" nowadays is just what draws enough attention to get people to talk about it.

Have you noticed that all the "mainstream" bands are just bands that get a lot off attention for being thugs (some rappers), cute/hot (One Direction and 12 year olds), 2edgy4us and obnoxious (Wrecking Ball), sex (Anaconda for example, whole video just girls shaking their asses with bad music), etc.. Not actually because people think it's good music.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Yesterdays pop music is todays "oldies" , can you imagine in 30 years, we will hear a Justin Beiber song and it will remind us of our Youth, everybody hates the next generation of music, thats how it works

Totally. Looks at The Beatles now, back in the 1960's when they were the new big thing, they were seen as a Pop band. Now people would call them a Rock N' Roll band or Classic Rock.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

or people just like to listen to pop shit ? 

Oasis used to be "pop shit."

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Yeah, I like oasis, and britpop/post britpop rock in general is my favourite genre. I can't stand the "pop" music of today, along with rap. The only decent rap I could ever listen to would be eminems slim shady period and a little bit of macklemore, nothing else. Good music is a dying art only sustained by the likes of bastille, noel gallagher (the best brother), muse and imagine dragons in my opinion.

See as far as rap goes, "eminem and macklemore" are basically pop

What about something like Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, Mf Doom etc - its such a wide far reaching music catagory

So is Metal, Pop, Classical - I find it hard to just dismiss a whole genre, based on only a few artists. See I luke Muse, but I dont like Imagine Dragons - Bastille are ok, not a massive fan of Noel Gallaghers album - its possible to not just blanket like a whole specific genre but each artist on an individual bassis

Heck some artists I absolutely love still made poor songs and bad albums

Music is so diverse, I think "genres" ruin the whole thing, I judge each artists on their own merit, no matter the genre, my music library contains metal, pop, classical, electronic hip hop etc - but I dont like every artist in each genre

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

See as far as rap goes, "eminem and macklemore" are basically pop

What about something like Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox, Mf Doom etc - its such a wide far reaching music catagory

So is Metal, Pop, Classical - I find it hard to just dismiss a whole genre, based on only a few artists. See I luke Muse, but I dont like Imagine Dragons - Bastille are ok, not a massive fan of Noel Gallaghers album - its possible to not just blanket like a whole specific genre but each artist on an individual bassis

Heck some artists I absolutely love still made poor songs and bad albums

Music is so diverse, I think "genres" ruin the whole thing, I judge each artists on their own merit, no matter the genre, my music library contains metal, pop, classical, electronic hip hop etc - but I dont like every artist in each genre

See that's as far as my understanding of rap goes, I have heard others before, but it just doesn't agree with me. There are a lot of artists that I like, and a lot of genres, I was just using them as examples. Heck, muses last album the 2nd law I thought was god awful and should be forgotten.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

See that's as far as my understanding of rap goes, I have heard others before, but it just doesn't agree with me. There are a lot of artists that I like, and a lot of genres, I was just using them as examples. Heck, muses last album the 2nd law I thought was god awful and should be forgotten.

yeah its hard to get into other genres I find, i have tried many metal bands for example but I just can deal with it most of the time, there are some artists and albums I have liked but as a whole its not my fave

(just an example)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I listen to Indie ( Passenger , Imagine Dragons , Hozier , Radical Face ) . That's my 3 favourite singers ( I like mellow stuff , except I need a little pop to it , than I go to Imagine Dragons ) .

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Music taste is subjective... When Oasis became mainstream I guarantee people shit on them like we shit on Bieber now. 

I for one really couldn't care less about Oasis.

"Real Music"

LOL. 

Thats funny. 'Real Music' is a different thing for different people. One persons joy is another persons indifference which is another persons hate. Music is too personal a thing. I like bits from almost every genre, but that doesn't mean I hate or like one above the other. 

People think a little too hard that music "from the good old days" sounded better. Yea...sure. Lets go with that.