Does people still appreciate real music like what "Oasis" makes ?

Gigamegabyte

I like songs based on if I like the song.. Used to listen to nearly exclusively rock / metal and such (bands, instruments, drums, guitar and maybe piano and such, love blues)

Have gotten into EDM much more recently though and don't mind some pop songs... I actually like some tunes from Taylor swift... I know I know.. whats going on..

Main point is, like a song if you like it, don't hate cos of labels.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Alternative music mate 

Look up Crush40 for some cool music (non mainstream) or Gorillaz (quite popular, but their last album is sometime ago)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm sorry, did you want me to say what I think or what you want to hear?

That is a purely subjective question. 

basically yes hahaha

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

I like songs based on if I like the song.. Used to listen to nearly exclusively rock / metal and such (bands, instruments, drums, guitar and maybe piano and such, love blues)

Have gotten into EDM much more recently though and don't mind some pop songs... I actually like some tunes from Taylor swift... I know I know.. whats going on..

Main point is, like a song if you like it, don't hate cos of labels.

^^ I am exactly the same. I still would answer with "metal" if people ask what music I am into but seriously my ipod has music ranging from Cradle Of Filth to Celine Dion (I know).

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Look up Crush40 for some cool music (non mainstream) or Gorillaz (quite popular, but their last album is sometime ago)

Ohh man, I gotta dig out the Gorillaz again.. :D

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Because i never knew that indie stuff was popular sorry about that.

Well, I kinda get your frustration... This IS subjective, but come on! Miley Cyrus riding a big dick on stage??? Justin Bieber doing only shit in society because he thinks he can? What is wrong with mainstream pop?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Ohh man, I gotta dig out the Gorillaz again.. :D

It's sooo good :D

It's always in my playlists :)

Well, I kinda get your frustration... This IS subjective, but come on! Miley Cyrus riding a big dick on stage??? Justin Bieber doing only shit in society because he thinks he can? What is wrong with mainstream pop?

You mean what is wrong with the people making the music.

The fame got to their head and they think they can just do that stuff.

(also they do it so people like you talk about it and they get more attention... Just sayin')

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

^^ I am exactly the same. I still would answer with "metal" if people ask what music I am into but seriously my ipod has music ranging from Cradle Of Filth to Celine Dion (I know).

hahahahah  :D

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

It's sooo good :D

It's always in my playlists :)

You mean what is wrong with the people making the music.

The fame got to their head and they think they can just do that stuff.

(also they do it so people like you talk about it and they get more attention... Just sayin')

LOL, fair point...

But people actually admire that shit...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

LOL, fair point...

But people actually admire that shit...

People admire the money they make.

And people admire the fact that they try to be different and 'rebel' against the norm

You seem like the guy that would say 'I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION. THERES NO SUCH THING AS GOOD MUSIC ANYMORE!11!!1!1!!!!!!1!

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

You seem like the guy that would say 'I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION. THERES NO SUCH THING AS GOOD MUSIC ANYMORE!

i didnt say anything only ranting about pop shit 

People admire the money they make.

And people admire the fact that they try to be different and 'rebel' against the norm

Because they cant be different themselves? :P 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Because they cant be different themselves? :P

Nope, because society will push them down. It's easier to be what society wants you to be, rather than going against the norm.

Thus people appreciate/admire what people like those earlier mentioned do. Going against what society wants you to be.

You seem like the guy that

Never said you did

i didnt say anything only ranting about pop shit

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Nope, because society will push them down. It's easier to be what society wants you to be, rather than going against the norm.

Thus people appreciate/admire what people like those earlier mentioned do. Going against what society wants you to be.

Babies. All of them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Never said you did

Well i am not hahahah well i really dont understand those kind of people too 

"Real music"

Damn these 1960 kids with their pop. Back in my day we had classical music and we liked it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I personally think Metal music sounds awful, but I don't go around calling it shit. People listen to what appeals to their ears. If I want to listen to pots and pans slamming against each other, let me do it in peace - without someone saying something about not knowing what real music is and why this generation sucks.

Babies. All of them. 

Babies who spend money though.

That's the whole thing.

"Real music"

Damn these 1960 kids with their pop. Back in my day we had classical music and we liked it. 

All these 16th century kids and their classical music!

Back in my day we smacked 2 rocks together and called it music. We didn't like it, but it was all we had!

Yeah, I like oasis, and britpop/post britpop rock in general is my favourite genre. I can't stand the "pop" music of today, along with rap. The only decent rap I could ever listen to would be eminems slim shady period and a little bit of macklemore, nothing else. Good music is a dying art only sustained by the likes of bastille, noel gallagher (the best brother), muse and imagine dragons in my opinion.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Sounds created on a computer = not music?

Music is music is music.

Any series of notes in consecutive order is music. Good or bad is subjective, not objective.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Miley Cyrus riding a big dick on stage??? Justin Bieber doing only shit in society because he thinks he can? What is wrong with mainstream pop?

this-is-why-we-listen-to-metal.jpg

It's not about music anymore, it's about getting attention. 

I sure do miss the late 80s and early 90s.  New beat, PROPER hardcore, eurodance, trance, grunge, good old-fashioned hard rock, hair metal, proper gangster rap (none of that "I'm rich and have 24s on the Escalade" nonsense, but proper "I'm gonna ice you, fool" music) ... we had a lot to choose from and all of it was quite popular.   

I truly feel sorry for today's youth and the limited choices of pre-chewed commercial soft stuff they have to listen to.  It really WAS better in my time.

If majority did, why aren't they still played on the radio? (see: no, most people don't.)

Also: "real music" is a fairly subjective way to put it.

I agree, for me personally real music is classical, mostly romantic and baroque eras. To one friend it is metal and hard rock, to another friend it is jazz or nothing.

Nothing to see here, move along