AMD's Lisa Su, "We're launching some graphics products in the second half of this year"

BiG StroOnZ

WCCF Tech reported yesterday that in a conference call Lisa Su stated that we should expect to hear about AMD's graphics card launches later this quarter. Not much was reported by WCCF Tech except that Lisa Su states this. Then of course they begin to dive into the speculation surrounding the R9 390X.

Anyway I found a link to the actual conference call, and Lisa Su states the following exactly,

"I've talked about Carrizo being a strong product for us, I talked about some of our graphics launches that we'll talk about later this quarter""

34foewp.jpg

She also gives a nice timeline of when to expect these cards:

"So as I look forward, we're launching Carrizo on the APU side and we're also launching some graphics products in the second half of this year.

345fs3q.jpg

This basically means that the earliest we can see the R9 300 Series is around July, so Q3 is what we are looking at for this card to be released.

She also states the following, "I would say we had some inventory issues that I want to correct as soon as possible, so that we get our new product stream fairly clean into the market."

So there you have it, the biggest reasons for why it might be delayed might not have anything to do with the card(s) not being ready but more likely them clearing older inventory first. Which makes sense, and since NVIDIA is going to wait until AMD drops their competitive product it's not like they are in a rush to do so. As much as AMD needs a nice and newly launched product. It's better for them to make sure everything is perfect and in order before they go ahead and drop the ball. 

Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3076866-advanced-micro-devices-amd-ceo-lisa-su-on-q1-2015-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=4&p=qanda&l=last

So what does this all mean. Sometime later in this quarter we will hear actual details about the R9 390X, and the other cards in the series. Where AMD themselves will finally shed light on the cards. Whereas previously all we had was rumors. And the launches are supposed to take place the second half of this year so around Q3 is where that would put that timeline. So as early as July and as late as the end of September.

Wow, are we ever going to see the 300 series?

I doubt it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yes, sometime in the second half of this year. Maybe December 31st, maybe not.

Yeah but it will be beat by Nvidia soon after so short lived series. 

December would be Q4, second half of the year starts Q3 which is July.

I was joking by making it the latest day possible while still being the second half of 2015. I'm aware that 1/2 = 1/4 + 1/4.

Computex Taipei would be the best place to showcase these products. The publicity would be huge for a solid product.

Welp... Maybe I will invest in X99 instead of saving up for a 390x...

AMD speed up shit, you already lost $180M, and you are loosing market share FAST

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Anyone on the fence about waiting should dive in head-first for a 970/980.  It could be until holiday season until we see them release the 300 series.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Anyone on the fence about waiting should dive in head-first for a 970/980.  It could be until holiday season until we see them release the 300 series.

Or I could have patience and wait? Like I don't understand peoples concept of "oh what I want is out now, I'll just go get something I don't want to spite them". can also replace that last part with a myriad of other phrases as well. such as "I'm to impatient to wait".

I wouldn't really say this is news. We've heard over and over again that they're releasing something before years end. We all know they're putting their card out sometime in the next while.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Interesting. By time the 3XX series releases, I'll have enough money to justify putting my soon-to-be-970 in SLI :P

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

First March-April, then April for sure, then June for sure and we mean it, now July. Damn, AMD. :(

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

First March-April, then April for sure, then June for sure and we mean it, now July. Damn, AMD. :(

June was always the announcement at Computex. There was never a hint of it being a release window.

June was always the announcement at Computex. There was never a hint of it being a release window.

There was a thread where the release date was said to be late 2nd quarter. Which would mean late May or June.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

There was a thread where the release date was said to be late 2nd quarter. Which would mean late May or June.

A thread/post on this forum != anything close to what actually is.

Or I could have patience and wait? Like I don't understand peoples concept of "oh what I want is out now, I'll just go get something I don't want to spite them". can also replace that last part with a myriad of other phrases as well. such as "I'm to impatient to wait".

That's not at all what I'm saying.  There are a lot of people that have been waiting to do an upgrade thinking the 300 series was going to drop Q2.  Those people have been  patient. Now the release is supposedly going to be H2 (no confirmation on a date), so my advice to those people is "why wait?"  It might be 7-8 months before the 300 series even comes out, so they wouldn't be "impatient" by grabbing a great value/dollar now - they would be good consumers.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

AMd, you are really cooking your goose. you should've released these cards 3 months ago. its no wonder you're losing market share. :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Over produced them cards during the Bitcoin mining craze... So now that have a bunch that needs to sell off before releasing the R9 300s. The cards are all probably ready and it's just sitting in somewhere in a warehouse.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

come on AMD, we need mourrr GPUs

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I'm gonna wait for the new series and then buy whatever is in my budget. I hope they do a Star Wars Battlefront bundle like they did Battlefield 4 with the R9 290X launch.

I ordered a 970 for the third time after returning them the last two times because I can't be arsed waiting for 3XX. 

Every time I order a 970, interesting news about AMD's competition comes out. Fuck.

As Linus said once in the WAN Show, Intel, AMD, and nVidia all are able to ballpoint how well their competitor's product will perform when they make their products and price it. You can be almost 100% sure that when nVidia released the 970, that they intended for it to do *well* against the R9 380x or whatever, and the 980 to be competitive with the R9 390x and perform within 10% of each other. It's pretty much the same in other markets with other products; you can expect next year's Camry to have similar features and specs as next year's Accord and for them to be priced within a couple thousand of dollars of each other. Another example would be S5 and 5s or S6 and 6- they have similar battery life and similar performance. I wouldn't be surprised when Apple released the iPhone 6 and say that the S6 will have about the same battery life, camera performance, screen accuracy, and performance as the iPhone 6 or a good reviewer like those from Anandtech say that. 

So.... no, you don't need to feel any buyer's remorse because once AMD's competition comes out, it will perform within +/-10% of the 970 while most likely consuming more power and ~6 months behind in driver tweaks and refinement at about the same price.