AMD's Lisa Su, "We're launching some graphics products in the second half of this year"

BiG StroOnZ

2nd 1/2 of the year, new GPU's...

You don't say :P...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I'm really hoping this turns well for AMD.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

That's not at all what I'm saying.  There are a lot of people that have been waiting to do an upgrade thinking the 300 series was going to drop Q2.  Those people have been  patient. Now the release is supposedly going to be H2 (no confirmation on a date), so my advice to those people is "why wait?"  It might be 7-8 months before the 300 series even comes out, so they wouldn't be "impatient" by grabbing a great value/dollar now - they would be good consumers.

I've been hearing that the 300 series is coming "Soon enough to warrant a wait" since the release of NVidias 900-series

I would still wait Hoilday season or not, I'll think it's worse. Now though I think green side will mount up and try compare with them

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

She also states the following, "I would say we had some inventory issues that I want to correct as soon as possible, so that we get our new product stream fairly clean into the market."

You bet your arse they did,  they probably sold their warehouse to prop up last years profit margin.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

By the time AMD drops their new cards, Nvidia will be announcing the Titan X II... 

This makes sense, especially the "weaker than expected market environment" part. By now they know how nvidia works, and hopefully they won't take the bait. Right now their cards are still perfectly competitive because nvidia decided to keep the real improvement for after AMD's launch, so why not ride with it and clear stocks?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really regret selling off my R7 265, that I had in crossfire with a HD7850, back in like October. I thought these cards would be just around the corner, how wrong I was. Should have just bought a 970 or 290x in the black Friday sales :/.

AMD CEO gives us fairly concrete details about expected release times.

LTT users say "lol will they ever get released?"

Because reasons ;)

The "reasons" is because they have been teasing for a year now.

Spoiler

The "reasons" is because they have been teasing for a year now.

Show where AMD has been teasing anything for a year......

WCCF

that is all I saw :P

I dont have a problem with it. They only say things that actual people are thinking. it may not be news, but they just give a perspective, like what linus does.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

That isn't an AMD press release and people start speculating as to release dates for the next series as soon as the first card hits the shelves.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

You bet your arse they did,  they probably sold their warehouse to prop up last years profit margin.

We heard this before when they posted a 300M dollar loss I believe one or two quarters ago and it was talked about they had way too much inventory. I think the exact quote was, "AMD stops shipping chips as bloated channel begs Please, No more!"

The way I read it, some video cards will be launched before Q3 and some after, maybe I'm just being too optimistic :D

We heard this before when they posted a 300M dollar loss I believe one or two quarters ago and it was talked about they had way too much inventory. I think the exact quote was, "AMD stops shipping chips as bloated channel begs Please, No more!"

I was just have joke.  I fully expect there to be some legitimate inventory issues that aren't embarrassing.  :) 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

FFS AMD,if you were any slower you could stop the rotation of the planet.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That isn't an AMD press release and people start speculating as to release dates for the next series as soon as the first card hits the shelves.

Of course it's not. The "leaks" never are although they still emerge from amd nevertheless. If you're waiting from an official press release from amd, well yo'd never think a new lineup is coming.

Spoiler

FFS AMD,if you were any slower you could stop the rotation of the planet.

Building an impressive graphics card is only half the battle. You need the marketing for it to sell. Waiting for Computex may be a good idea if Fiji smashes the TITAN X. It's something they could showcase in their booth and create unreal amounts of publicity for the product. Before Nvidia could even counter everyone would know AMD has the fastest GPU on the planet which will in turn promote sales. A launch at Computex with an overall better GPU would be putting a nail in the coffin and burring Nvidia until the next generation. AMD is not playing stupid anymore and Lisa Su is proving that repetitively as of late.

Building an impressive graphics card is only half the battle. You need the marketing for it to sell. Waiting for Computex may be a good idea

Computex starts june 1, if Lisa Hu says it won't come out until second half of 2015 (july onwards) that leaves a minimum of a month of void between their magic marketing and release, probably longer.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Computex starts june 1, if Lisa Hu says it won't come out until second half of 2015 (july onwards) that leaves a minimum of a month of void between their magic marketing and release, probably longer.

They will probably launch them at Computex although they won't go on sale probably until a later date (after June 30) which would be considered 2H 2015.

Sapphire is scheduled to showcase a High Resolution Graphics Card at Computex (maybe Fiji?).

gON2VOw.png

I ordered a 970 for the third time after returning them the last two times because I can't be arsed waiting for 3XX. 

Every time I order a 970, interesting news about AMD's competition comes out. Fuck.

You sound like a customer from hell :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Honestly I really like AMD but they cant just keep the market waiting because Nvidia's 70 percent market share shows no sign of going down and sice AMD just lost some 150 million in Q1 then I don't how much longer they can go on if they just keep delaying and delaying their products. And the only way I see AMD making any sort of comeback is if they are bought out by a company that has the cash for AMD to put the more RnD into their products.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

i will wait till the end of july and if there is no amd or 980ti looking close to release then im going for a 980....i have been too long with out a gpu

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017