Why did you choose AMD over NVIDIA or Nvidia over AMD?

Stop using your time machine and come back to present time, nowadays AMD's single card frame time is on par or even better compare to Nvidia.

ppC5zxr.jpg

Sauce: Nvidia's GeForce GTX 760 graphics card reviewed

Thanks for the link (:

Kind of buffles me.

Hmm I'll look out for it when my brother gets his 780

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

I chose Nvidia. At the time of buying my gtx 560 i didnt have alot of computer knowladge, so i just bought anything that was on sale for around $200 and for some reason i really liked EVGA. A year later i bought a second one for sli surround setup.

I got a GTX 550ti as my first GPU because it was on sale for very cheap. When I built my current computer I stuck with Nvidia because I really liked the 550TI and had no problems with it. Did not see a point of switching. 

I had the exact same reason. However, by the time I bought this used, there was new 650s being sold at the same price... Got ripped off, since I didn't know about graphics cards much back then.

I'll be using NVidia's products in the future over AMD's, because of longer overall lifetime, more stable framerates (lower, but stable), and for slightly lower power consumption for the cards of same level (Correct me if I'm wrong). I know it'll be more expensive to buy Nvidia equivalents, but in the long run (might take few years) It'll be cheaper (Electricity is becoming more expensive in the future).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I had the exact same reason. However, by the time I bought this used, there was new 650s being sold at the same price... Got ripped off, since I didn't know about graphics cards much back then.

I'll be using NVidia's products in the future over AMD's, because of longer overall lifetime, more stable framerates (lower, but stable), and for slightly lower power consumption for the cards of same level (Correct me if I'm wrong). I know it'll be more expensive to buy Nvidia equivalents, but in the long run (might take few years) It'll be cheaper (Electricity is becoming more expensive in the future).

What is your current card btw? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What is your current card btw? 

The same ASUS GTX 550 Ti, because I'm a student with just a summer job (no stable incomes besides that).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

AMD because at the time they offered the fastest card on the market. It had monster overclocking potential and I didn't have to sell a kidney to buy. Amazing purchase considering that now, about and and half years later the 7970 is still one of the best cards on the market :)

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

AMD cards consistently out-performed their Nvidia counterparts in Linus's Graphics Showdowns. AMD also allows for over-volting, which makes water-cooling actually worth it for the extra over-clocking potential.

On the AMD side you also get significantly better Anti Aliasing performance as compared to Nvidia & you get more memory as standard on the high-end.

Anti Aliasing Performance :

02-Bandwidth-1920x1080-Absolute.png

04-Bandwidth-2560x1440-Absolute.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-18.html

Another reason is because both the PS4 & XBOX ONE are powered by AMD's 7000 series architecture (GCN) which insures that pretty much all upcoming console parts will run better on AMD graphics cards & yes GPU optimization is actually a real thing (looking at you Linus), even if drivers become mature on the Nvidia side, AMD graphics cards will still have a distinct advantage.

Here are examples of games that have been out for a long while, so the argument for lack of driver maturity in these cases is not valid.

HD 7970 out-performing the almost twice as expensive 780.

54869.png

54873.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6973/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review/11

54861.png

54865.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6973/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review/10

54853.png

54857.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6973/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review/9

54845.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6973/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review/7

GREAT answer man :lol: i was sure i was the only person (on the planet) that know about this lol

we are two now, yey   :D

nVidia cuz it is faster atm.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

it was so obvios ppl make these topics just to have a big topic cuz they know there will be fanboy wars...

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Nvidia

Reason: PhysX, understandable product line, the idea of an Intel/AMD system is strange to me, Green team is best team, AMD cards look silly.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Nvidia.

Mainly PhysX, and the fact that the MSI 660 Ti Power Edition had so many compliments at the time.

p.s. i also have never had driver issues wit amd, and ive had 4 amd cards. latest ones were 6970 lightning and then a 7950 twinfrozr 3 oc etc etc

dylandylandylan, on 12 Jul 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I don't get why people say this? what games do you play that make you feel this way? what happens etc? I've had no issues and It's leading me to believe the people that are complaining have configured something wrong.

I cant even start some programs, games. And it sucks.

I cant even start some programs, games. And it sucks.

Another PEBCAK case.   :lol:

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Most software like 3d software lean towards nvida cards because of cuda, i your not gonna be doing that I lean towards amd when it comes to gaming because they have better driver support to make the game run smoother.

$$金Trill金$$

I choose nivida because of product familiarity as well as  cuda  (for the cuda supported applicatons)  also a lot of games I plan on getting are promised for nivida.  however I  actually like amd  more, a lot more consumer freindly and  they don't cripple their  consumer oriented graphics cards like nividia does.

p.s fanboyism is stupid  I would hate to live in a world where either companies held a monopoly. A company exists to make money and if there is no  form of competition then  the company can do anything they want. 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I bought an AMD card over an Nvidia one last time because the Price/preformance ratio was better on the AMD side, although Nvidia did put out the 770 a week after I ordered my 7970, so that evened things out a little bit, but my GPU did come with free games.

The value is definitely there for AMD  cards nowdays. Also, AMD's drivers are getting better and better, and now Nivida's are just getting worse. The irony kills me.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I chose to go with two 7870's simply because of the waterblock selection I had for those over some Nvidia cards.

The same series of blocks did not appeal to me for the Nvidia line-up.

Desktop - 3930k | Rampage IV Extreme | 64gb Vengeance RAM | 256gb 840 Pro | 2x MSI 7870 | Corsair 900D | Creative SB Z | Sennheiser HD280 | Logitech G710+ | Razer Mamba | My salary's worth of water cooling.

Server/NAS - i5-4570 | Gigabyte Z97 Ud5h | 32gb Crucial 1600mhz | 500gb Samsung 850 evo | 4x 4tb WD Reds | Corsair H80 | Bitfenix Shinobi | Windows 7 Pro |

AMD usually have the best bang for the buck, me being poor can't afford any of Nvidia's solutions.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

The only reason I use AMD now is because the last time I tried Nvidia my card came DOA.

Laws only govern the honest.

I chose Nivea because it was cheaper and more powerful at the time. Currently running 560 ti.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

i got a good deal.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I chose AMD because they have proper driver support for Open CL, where as the Nvidia cards might as well be licking windows since Nvidia does not seem to care about open CL performance, a Titan would get spanked by 7970. Completely unacceptable considering you can pick up three 7970s for the price of a Titan.