Why did you choose AMD over NVIDIA or Nvidia over AMD?

i choose nvidia because i do folding otherwise i would have a 7850.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

If i'm planing to do some video rendering or play a lot games that uses PhysX (Batman, Borderlands, Metro) , I would go with Nvidia with crazy CUDA cores. And SLI is scaling better than CrossfireX.

But if i'm only gaming and doing just basic video editing on Premiere Pro or Vegas, I'd definitely go with AMD.

I didn't; Nvidia ftw!

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

I choose nVidia because I like their drivers better, and my first PC build was with an eVGA nVidia Vanta LT.  I also love eVGA and only buy videocards from them.

Though back in the day I had a Radeon 9800 PRO and LOVED it.  I also love AMD but for some reason I just prefer cards produced by nVidia.

I choose nVidia because I like their drivers better, and my first PC build was with an eVGA nVidia Vanta LT.  I also love eVGA and only buy videocards from them.

Though back in the day I had a Radeon 9800 PRO and LOVED it.  I also love AMD but for some reason I just prefer cards produced by nVidia.

that first comment isn't true at all, my mate has a amd card and his drivers have been rock soild for months. my nvidia drivers have crashed and killed a brand new gtx 660. my gt610 has had about 2 or 3 unstable drivers too. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

that first comment isn't true at all, my mate has a amd card and his drivers have been rock soild for months. my nvidia drivers have crashed and killed a brand new gtx 660. my gt610 has had about 2 or 3 unstable drivers too. 

My nVidia drivers haven't crashed and my 465 has been running very stable, so I dunno what to tell ya.

You really can't expect everything you hear or read to be a constant with every variable in play.  Obviously there will be times where some builds will have problems.  He was stating from his own experience, not the entire GPU population.  

I am running Nvidia right now.  EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC.

I used to have crossfire 5XXX Radeon cards in my Alienware laptop but that was 4 years ago.  

I went from dual 7970s to dual 680 because of frame rating issues. 7970 crossfire was stuttering like hell.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I don't get people like this, just because you didn't have any problems doesn't mean other people didn't have them. The man nicely said HE HAD the problems and then you go on and basically call him a liar.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Got a 660ti but then returned it for a 7950 because the 7950 ran Dolphin a lot better. 

Fractal R4 / intel i7 4770k / Gigabyte Z87X-OC / Noctua NH-C14 / Corsair AX850 PSU / Sapphire 7950 OC 3GB / 4x4GB Corsair dominatior platinum / 3TB and 2TB seagate barracuda HHD / 2x Samsung Evo 250GB

choose AMD cause my money not enough to get Nvidia. :(

Where am I? What is this place?

Started out with Nvidia and was ok with it for a time.  Tried ATI (now AMD) and stuck with it since the 5000 series....have not looked backed.  Price/Performance is good with AMD and I enjoy my 7950.  The drivers have improved by  leaps and bounds for both camps and hopefully will continue to do so.  No fanboy...but just something about saving a couple of bucks to spend on other components. 

<p>CM HAF 922 (Akasa Apache 140s/120s for case cooling), ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3570K@4.0Ghz, 16GB Kingston Black @1600 (2x8), Xigmatek DK 2 with 2 xAkasa Apache 120mm, Sapphire 7950 OC CF, NZXT Sentry Mix 2 FC, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD x1, Kingston Hyper X 240GB SSD x1, Seasonic 1050w PSU, Cyborg V5 Keyboard with RAT 3 mouse, ASUS VG248QE 144mhz. monitor

my last 2 cards were amd, but i chose to get my current setup ( 660 ti sli) because it was the best setup price/performance i could get at the time.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

xAcid9, on 15 Jul 2013 - 3:08 PM, said:

Another PEBCAK case. :lol:

'

Getting errors, when starting programs. No, i dont think so.

• 1 month later...

Simple! Whichever offers the best performance for the price!

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

I went with a AMD 7970 after a tiresome battle trying to find the right driver for my GTX 590 that wouldnt cause my system to crash during gaming.

Chose a 7970 because at the time it had most of the performance of a 680 and cost $140 less. If I bought a card now it probably would be nvidia for linux gaming.

I've got a question for thoes of you that choose AMD over Nvidia

Why? this is just something i wanna hear from people and not review web sites

was it the price, performance, deal, fan of AMD?

I have ran both brands and they are both good with the same caveats. Right now it's AMD that I went with because they offer better performance and game bundles at virtually each price bracket.

My very first card was 6870, and now i have a 670, my next card will be the 9000.

im not a fan boy of any kind, the 6000 series seemed like a better choice over the 400 series, and the 600 series seemed like a better choice over the 7000 series because they were competing with the 500 series which was 1 gen below the new Nvidia cards.

Actually I would say that the AMD 7xxx series just wiped the floor with the nvidia 6xx series due to the nvidia 6xx always being overpriced and without the game bundles and lacking in the OCing department.  

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

I chose Nvidia cause I've been rocking that sh*t since day one.
My first machine I got/built in 2006 had a shitty Asus nvidia card with literally one fan and a small brown PCB, I wish I knew the name of it. Network cards of today make it look bad.

When I got back into the game I bought my 560ti because I trusted Nvidia and it was critically acclaimed at the time.

At the moment I'm impressed with AMD, I wanna see what the 9xxx series is like.

So my next card could swing either way.....

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

I have ran both brands and they are both good with the same caveats. Right now it's AMD that I went with because they offer better performance and game bundles at virtually each price bracket.

Actually I would say that the AMD 7xxx series just wiped the floor with the nvidia 6xx series due to the nvidia 6xx always being overpriced and without the game bundles and lacking in the OCing department.  

It really depends when you buy the cards. at first the 680 was cheaper and faster than the 7970. now its the other way around.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

7950, because I got a ton of free games and it was on sale for 269.

Edit: I also used to have a 7770 because Nvidia had no decent cards under to compete with it at the time.

Since to me price = marketing, I have absolutely no reason to buy an AMD card, they have no feature that Intel GPU don't also have let alone nVidia.

Edit: Well no feature I can think of except multi GPU

Wait Wat? Their price/performance ratio beats nvidia quite often. And you buy a gpu for it's performance, not it's gimmicks.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

It really depends when you buy the cards. at first the 680 was cheaper and faster than the 7970. now its the other way around.

It was the hype that made the GTX 680 seem faster. nvidia paid off all the major publications to skew the numbers in favor of nvidia. This has been done for some time now.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram

AMD (7970), Price.

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600