Quality of The Humble Bundle Games

mr-nipples

Is it just me or is the quality of games on the humble bundle's weekly sale slowly declining? I feel like the bundle has become 'just another cheap indie bundle' due to recent games (with the exception of Alan Wake)! 

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Well the THQ was like clearly the best :D But then again it wasn't really an Indie one. I guess it's more about what kind of games you like.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Is it just me or is the quality of games on the humble bundle's weekly sale slowly declining? I feel like the bundle has become 'just another cheap indie bundle' due to recent games (with the exception of Alan Wake)! 

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I'm with you. Rochard was being given away a while back with a bundle of more games in an older bundle, but it was sold alone recently. Either way, its not everyday a company is going bankrupt and needs to resort to 1$ sales to make ends meet...

PC in Profile

How come i have never seen it before!?!? a bit late now i guess... 

Well the THQ was like clearly the best :D But then again it wasn't really an Indie one. I guess it's more about what kind of games you like.

the weekly sale isnt supposed to be indie, thats the humble indie bundle :)

It's not just you, I also think the quality of titles Humble has been offering has been decreasing steadily.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow point proven with this latest humble bundle! I cant believe how bad it is! What happened to AMAZING games like Killing Floor and Red Orchestra 2 :(

I think the surge of mediocre titles everywhere is to blame, not the bundle itself. The Steam Sale wasn't great this year for me because there were a few games I didn't already want and have, and they weren't even indie. 

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I take it back - Saints Row 3, 2, Risen 2 and Sacred 2 for $1.... MARRY ME HUMBLE BUNDLE

yeah have you guys checked out the latest one? it's insane!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

I'm actually disappointed in the latest humble bundle. None of it is DRM free. They all require steam and have a one time activation. I'm to the point where I only pick up humble bundles that are DRM free.

It's a decent line up of games, but being limited with drm saddens me. Remember the days when Humble Bundle didn't offer steam keys and all games put on there had all security and piracy measures taken out of them because it was FOR CHARITY.

Also shame on the people spending only $1.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I'm actually disappointed in the latest humble bundle. None of it is DRM free. They all require steam and have a one time activation. I'm to the point where I only pick up humble bundles that are DRM free.

It's a decent line up of games, but being limited with drm saddens me. Remember the days when Humble Bundle didn't offer steam keys and all games put on there had all security and piracy measures taken out of them because it was FOR CHARITY.

Also shame on the people spending only $1.

agreed I spend 5 at least

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

It's cheap games, what's not to like.

It's donating to charity. Not buying discounted games. Games are being handed out for each charitable donation as an incentive to help raise additional funds. Exploiting the generosity of the game devs by paying the minimum really doesn't help and more of your donation gets eaten away by transaction fees than the amount that makes it to charity. Unless you use bitcoin which is nearly instant and has the smallest transaction fee outside of handing someone cash. Even worse are the key selling companies which intend to buy up hundreds of these codes at the minimum price.

As time goes on it feels more and more like larger game devs are using humble bundle as more of a marketing ploy to draw in more players and make money. It's becoming less and less about charity and more about advertising a publisher and a week long "sale"

While I continue to support humble bundle and the charities they donate to, I'll only donate to such bundles when I feel the publisher/devs are in it for the charity and not a tax write off/marketing.

That's not to say my overall charity donation decreases due to not picking up a humble bundle or two, but rather my charity donation compounds and builds up until there is a bundle which I support.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Seriously?? The current one is a Deep Silver bundle!! I got all the Saints Row the Third DLC's, Risen 2 and Dead Island.

That was a great deal, completely agree with @RuecanOnRails , each one of those games is worth way more than a dollar... If you can afford a PC to play those games you can afford to pay a good price for them.

The reason some of the recent bundles have been so bad is probably down to people exploiting the system.

I take it back - Saints Row 3, 2, Risen 2 and Sacred 2 for $1.... MARRY ME HUMBLE BUNDLE

Think it's $5 BTA for more goodies. I'd go for it tbh. Don't be too cheap :P

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Bought 25 dollar deal :D so glad I didn't buy dead island during summer sale cause it wasn't a good deal then.

It's donating to charity. Not buying discounted games.

While I continue to support humble bundle and the charities they donate to, I'll only donate to such bundles when I feel the publisher/devs are in it for the charity and not a tax write off/marketing.

That's not to say my overall charity donation decreases due to not picking up a humble bundle or two, but rather my charity donation compounds and builds up until there is a bundle which I support.

Personally I don't donate to the charity's, I only give money to the developers and humble bundle.

I feel like my money would be better going to a local charity and in my country so that is what I do.

I'm loving these bundles both the triple A games and the indies. I have gotten so many games off of that site. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It's donating to charity. Not buying discounted games. Games are being handed out for each charitable donation as an incentive to help raise additional funds. Exploiting the generosity of the game devs by paying the minimum really doesn't help and more of your donation gets eaten away by transaction fees than the amount that makes it to charity. Unless you use bitcoin which is nearly instant and has the smallest transaction fee outside of handing someone cash. Even worse are the key selling companies which intend to buy up hundreds of these codes at the minimum price.

As time goes on it feels more and more like larger game devs are using humble bundle as more of a marketing ploy to draw in more players and make money. It's becoming less and less about charity and more about advertising a publisher and a week long "sale"

Generousity of devs? The devs are in it just as much for the money as they are for the charity

Think it's $5 BTA for more goodies. I'd go for it tbh. Don't be too cheap :P

hahah I did get dead island as well!!!