Experiences with non-techies

Downloadmoreram.com

just have her do this if she is afraid of running out of ramz

Don't be stupid! You can't do that! Those RAMs go to the keyboards, and the new monitor would need interwebz RAMses, wich Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and the other people working at the Intel, have not made legal to download off of that place where you go on Facebook.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Nah it was 3 sections of the circle.

3 sections mean a connection error.

Normally it's caused by it getting so hot that the connections don't, well, connect anymore.

For a prank you can pull the HDMI cable slightly out, if you do it just right, it will cause a RROD.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

3 sections mean a connection error.

Normally it's caused by it getting so hot that the connections don't, well, connect anymore.

For a prank you can pull the HDMI cable slightly out, if you do it just right, it will cause a RROD.

And that's how I got a free Xbox

Getting a free xbox because it was RROD'd?

LOL, how?

Mate didnt realise his hdmi cable came loose and got a rrod so he said if you can fix it its yours.

Went home and plugged it in and bingo worked fine

Mate didnt realise his hdmi cable came loose and got a rrod so he said if you can fix it its yours.

Went home and plugged it in and bingo worked fine

A real friend would give it back and wouldn't profit/take adventage of such situations or friends in general.

A real friend would give it back and wouldn't profit/take adventage of such situations or friends in general.

Awwww I'm a bad friend...

Or he had gone out brought another and was so happy that we could play online that he said to keep it.

I didn't give all the facts as I didn't think they were relevant to the question so don't judge me as your talking to a guy who can't haggle because he feels guilty doing so.

A real friend wouldn't have a friend as dumb as rocks like that. :P

I had to work on a computer in an office building, it was running an AMD Opteron x6 that somebody told him to overclock. it had a Nf-f12 but the exhaust fan on the computer was not plugged in, the guy wondered why his computer was shutting down occasionally. the heat was building up in his case that had no ventilation, and shutting down when it could not handle it any more. 

his company also made him encrypt everything with a thumbprint. that coupled with 6 monitors and this was a very difficult job. once we got the fan in his temps weren't that bad.

My English teacher's printer has fallen into disuse for several months because I cannot install drivers without appropriate administrator credentials. The printer (HP OfficeJet 4500) still acts as a standalone copier.

Today she wanted to make a copy of something at lunch so she gave me the pages and had me do it. When I started the copy, the feeder on the front grabbed the blank page, crumpled it, and returned a "Paper Jam- Please Remove Paper and Press OK" on the screen. 

After several repeats of this I decided to take a look inside to see if anything was gumming up the works. So I unplug it, carry it over to a desk, flip it over, and remove the jam door.

Next to the paper entry roller was a bronze paper clip a tad longer than Linus' nose, all mashed up and bent.

I removed it and it turned out that the printer was having trouble printing (tried to print but nothing came out, when it did the cleaning the blocks of ink printed fine) so I gave up on the thing.

When I pulled the clip out my English teacher said "I thought there would be a dead mouse in there, so that's what fell!"

As for the reason the paper clip was there, she had been using the top of the printer to store papers.

guys were almost at 200 pages!!! :o  :o  :o  :o

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

guys were almost at 200 pages!!! :o:o:o:o

On mobile its closer to 400. :)

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

On mobile its closer to 400. :)

O.o woah.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

O.o woah.

It's because the pages have half the posts. Still seems like a lot.

It's because the pages have half the posts. Still seems like a lot.

Why do people care about the pages? I JUST WANT MOAR STORIES.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Why do people care about the pages? I JUST WANT MOAR STORIES.

We are celebrating 200 pages of fails!

We are celebrating 200 pages of fails!

Yeah, but with about 10 pages of hard drive weight bullshit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Then we'll celebrate at 210! :)

Wednesday at 7:45 AM, I will (possibly) bring you the Tech Fail Show, streamed live from library computers right here at this thread!

I managed to convince one of my friends that my 465 is better than his R9 270X (he doesn't know anything about hardware)

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

In my IT class we had to select PC parts for a build that would be used by an animator. There was no budget so I decided to choose the i7 4770k and a GTX 780 because that is substantial and I used the PC part picker site. My friend sitting next to me on his PC saw the website I was on and went on it aswell; he decided to choose the most expensive parts. Basically he had no idea and chose an Intel Xeon processor for an animators build, I face palmed. At the top of the PC part picker site it said" Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities.". I noticed he did not choose a CPU cooler because the Xeon does include a stock CPU cooler.

care to explain?

cacra, on 10 Mar 2014 - 6:44 PM, said:

care to explain?

People argued about if hard drives gained weight when you wrote to them, and it probably took up a couple of pages. Might be a little sarcastic.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler