The Chinese company accused of stealing Apple's designs has a massive problem with counterfeiting

Screen-Shot-2014-07-23-at-11.54.32-940x3

The irony in this is way too much for the internet to handle. 

Apple used to talk about how great artists steal, they got mad that other companies ape their designs. Now said other company is crying that copying is harming their business. 

Xiaomi...pot. Meet the kettle. Which called the pot. Who then called the kettle. There isn't enough cookware in all the restaurants of the world to describe these levels of shenanigans.  You don't get to have it both ways. You copy, you get to deal with being copied. That goes for basically EVERY company, doesn't matter who you are. 

Xiaomi has a major problem with counterfeits.

The red-hot Chinese electronics startup, which has been criticised by many because of the similarities some of its products bear to Apple's, is now claiming counterfeits and fakes are seriously hurting its bottom line, Bloomberg reports.

At a news conference last week, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun lamented the proliferation of counterfeit manufacturers capitalising on the company's wild popularity. "What is the biggest problem? There are so many fakes. If there were no counterfeits, our sales would be double or triple," Lei said.

It's a bold claim — Xiaomi is already the largest smartphone seller in China, outstripping both Samsung and Apple. In just five years it has grown to become the most valuable private startup in the world, despite the fact it doesn't sell in Western markets and doesn't plan to expand for "a few years."

http://www.businessinsider.com/xiaomi-counterfeiting-sales-triple-apple-copycat-china-lei-jun-2015-4

and they dont do **** against whoever made the airphone 4

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Fucking lol. That is just amazing. Copying is how it works, you can also patent the shit out of everything (the solution most companies take these days) or just make a better product (but cheaper products will still be sold). Their sales wouldn't be double or triple, because most people wouldn't pay the price that Xiaomi has (I'm guessing that the copycats have cheaper products)

(Also good that you can actually critisize Apple, VS, I was almost starting to think you were an Apple fanboy :P but that is unrelated)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Nothing about the topic says that Apple are coming back at them... OP is likening the situation that Xiaomi is in (having others copy them) to Xiaomi's similarities to Apple devices.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

+1 for Ashens

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

(Also good that you can actually critisize Apple, VS, I was almost starting to think you were an Apple fanboy :P but that is unrelated)

I routinely criticize them. I just don't automatically default to criticism unlike some here because its the cool thing to do. 

Nothing about the topic says that Apple are coming back at them... OP is likening the situation that Xiaomi is in (having others copy them) to Xiaomi's similarities to Apple devices.

Reading comphrehenion. Sometimes I wonder if I should just stick to bare basics in my posts and avoid making anything intentionally complicated. Because clear and present reasons when it comes to people on the internet suddenly losing the ability to read beyond 12 words. 

ohh the irony, so lovely.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Its like a known burglar making a police report when he gets robbed...

I like the products they make but thats a great way to put it. 

If you're gonna steal designs, just steal them. Especially when you're not even selling in North America where trade laws can't touch you. 

Do not play the "woe is me" card though. You stole your ID (which is actually very expensive to have, since good design that results in a good product doesn't just come from someones ass) so live with the fact that people will steal yours. 

sometimes I even wonder how they could make a brand and trademark it over a FOOD

I mean can you make something and just name it "water", "meat", "banana".

Apple used to talk about how great artists steal, they got mad that other companies ape their designs.

No, Steve's Apple did, not Tim's.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

-SNIP-

First Ashens video I watched and got me into his channel xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I think this is more concerning scam counterfeits that intends to cheat customers rather then borrowing ideas and design.

A good example would be the xiaomi pistons, Xiaomi's original headset that has been plagued with fake counterfeits that intend to chest customers rather than offering a similar quality experience

sometimes I even wonder how they could make a brand and trademark it over a FOOD

I mean can you make something and just name it "water", "meat", "banana".

It's not about the name, it's about the design. And hell, if Monsanto can patent genetically modified organisms, I can live with a name.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

-snip-

Gotta love Ashens. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

No, Steve's Apple did, not Tim's.

I like that, it does seem that Apple has been more aggressive with "stealing" since Cook took the helm.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I like that, it does seem that Apple has been more aggressive with "stealing" since Cook took the helm.

No... It's not so much stealing as letting itself be led by others

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15