Is your computer tower to the left or right of you?

Mew

To the right, but sideways with the front facing me as I turn my head right (right side of case facing out from the wall,  case is about 2 feet away from the wall). Just happens to be the best layout, while keeping it up off the carpet.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Left on top of the desk. I have a giant desk and it can accomodate two rigs, so the right side is the "visitors' section".

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On the right, cause of the window :)

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Right because otherwise my windowed side panel would be hardly seen. My windowed panel is on the left of the case and my door is on the left so as you enter you can see her in full beauty.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

On the left because the window is on the right and I can't bare to look at my cable management.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

It is on the right currently, but as soon as my new HGST HDD (6TB) arrives, it will be behind the desk.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

I keep my tower on the left because my desk as a little stand for it to sit on on the left side. 

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Left, i have no space on the right and it saddens me greatly since i can't see my LEDs that way.  Room tetris isn't my strong-suit.

• 7 years later...

I just built my first computer (not currently built but the case and desk is in and got the table set up) using the Corsair Airflow 7000D. Have the computer propped in the corner to the right of my monitor. 

As much as I love the position I am worried about airflow but, not to be punny, it's a Airflow case so I don't see any REAL concern

Wherever it fits and gets the best airflow,  it doesn't have a window so I don't care

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Right. I can't see much of the RGB through the tempered glass though, as the speakers are almost the size of my case and block a lot of the view.

thats an interesting question,  i guess it makes sense to have it on the right because of the "window" for most people,  but for me this isn't even a real option because it would block access to most of my room there, well not block, but make it difficult to get around the pc every time.

also i dont have the pc "sideways" , thats a weird idea to me personally since im so used to how i set it up.

20230127_110320.thumb.jpg.bdf297b3b95511dd326a09a4e736be91.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

There's a space just left of my desk between it and the wall which conveniently also has an outlet. I can't move my desk to make space to the right because my fiber box blocks it, not to mention the lack of outlet there. 

So yes, left of me and on the ground. Only issue is that I don't see my components through the tempered glass window. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

both mine and my brother's pc are at right of the table, my brother recently shifted his rig to opposite side for some reason

I place my computer on the left in a way where I can access the back ports easily. Easier than dealing with mouting a usb hub.

Left on desktop. I don't care about how it's look, and there's no RGB inside my PC.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Leave it to newcomers on the forum to revive old threads.

It's on my desk, on my right. Next to my giant printer/scanner/copier/fax machine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 4/12/2015 at 1:30 PM, WereCat said:

On the right because window is on the left of the case.

I think you mean the left hand side, because that os the right of the case since it's facing towards you not away from you. "Always the patient's right"

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

One on my left, two on my right (Steam Deck and server), and two network switches directly in front of me, on the back of my display stand.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

8 years and I still keep my tower on the right.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

My case is to my left. But technically, my EVGA DG-87 case does not have a right or left side.

It actually could be placed on the left or right side of the monitor and still view the window. 

IMG_20221002_000449_MP.thumb.jpg.12ded2f71bb356d8d64bc3f2d629f6a7.jpg

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI