Microcenter In Store CPUs

PauseTheCat

Intel Core i7 4790k at microcenter for $279.99 US

Intel Core i5 4690k at microcenter for $199.99 US

Intel Xeon E3 1231V3 at microcenter for $209.99 US

and more

Unfortunately after tax, you may as well just buy one from Siliconlottery.com unless you live somewhere where tax is very cheap. In Illinois, tax brings it to around $300. 

Yeah, Microcenter always has CPUs on the (kind of) cheap.

They make a point in most stores I've been to, to have a giant chalkboard in the DIY PC section comparing their prices to Newegg.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

That's not as huge of a deal, they've gone as low as the i7-4790k for $249, which is when I bought mine.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

wish we had a store like that in the uk, we have maplins and there its about £99/$130 for 8GB of ram or gtx 760...for £229/$300

Always been that much, and at my store I only have 3.5% sales tax so its super cheap!

Unfortunately after tax, you may as well just buy one from Siliconlottery.com unless you live somewhere where tax is very cheap. In Illinois, tax brings it to around $300. 

9% tax in NY... sigh

I got my i7 4790K when it was 249 around black friday

Microcenter will also bundle the motherboard with the cpu which saves another 40$ (usually) and you get a coupon for 10-15$ off ram and sometimes ssd's.

OAS || AAS || LLS

Always been that much, and at my store I only have 3.5% sales tax so its super cheap!

NJ?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

I got my 4790K for $250 over the holidays

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I got my 4790K for $250 over the holidays

Really? Damn thats sweet

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

To bad it's 400 miles round trip to my nearest microcenter, and I just paid 340 for a 4790k last month

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

NJ?

Yea, thats where I live, I forgot I removed location. 

Paterson MC is great.

I adore that damn location, got my i7 for $279.99 and board for $179.99.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Microcenter will also bundle the motherboard with the cpu which saves another 40$ (usually) and you get a coupon for 10-15$ off ram and sometimes ssd's.

Yes but their mobo selection is very small and overpriced anyway so I rather take the guaranteed to get 4.7Ghz cpu for the same price and get a mobo on discount somewhere else.

Once you live near a Micro Center you can't live without one. And I already know that when I graduate I will only go to a college with a Micro Center within driving distance, and after college the same applies for that as well.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

Sometimes I like to go to micro center by my house which is about 25 mins away and just look at everything... So awesome... As said before, their motherboard selection sucks though. When I build my 1st PC I went there wanting a mITX system, got a mATX mobo (they didn't have any mITX for the A10 (yes, ik, very stupid cpu)), then they didn't have any good, cheap mATX cases so I got a mid tower... I was so stupid back then to not want to spend a few extra dollars to get what I wanted. I did get 8GB of $110 RAM though... 2133MHz I think because APU (So stupid).

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

That's not as huge of a deal, they've gone as low as the i7-4790k for $249, which is when I bought mine.

Got mine for that price last October at MC. With with 8.625% sales tax it came to ~$258.62

Got it with an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo and the board was only an extra $80-90 in a bundle. 

MC is always the place to go for Mobo/CPU bundles.

Lollollolllol

I tried to go there on school computer-

Blocked- categorized as "gambling"

Lol

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."