Rumour - XFX R9 390 pictures

Joe_Easy

It looks like one of those tacky handbags from New York & Company.

so videocardz.com has this article (http://videocardz.com/55358/xfx-radeon-r9-390-double-dissipation-smiles-for-camera) claiming wccftech found first pictures of the XFX R9 390 

what do you think ? could this be real? doesnt look to shabby. also the size of that heatsink mkes me really wonder if amd actually did it this time around.

write you opinion on the matter and please spare me the wccftech hate i know theyre bad but still.

attachicon.gifXFX-R9-390-DD-2.jpg

attachicon.gifXFX-R9-390-DD-1.jpg

Excellent Rumour and let's combine forces next time. LOL.

I think us Europeans have a slight time zone advantage with WCCF rumours, for what they are worth.

Never been overly fond of XFX's card designs. Excited for the launch of the 390X to see where it stacks.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I don't think it looks bad, I think it looks pretty nice. I don't have a problem with the gold as it doesn't cover majority of the card.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

I was a big fan of the DD R9 series cooler from XFX. it was quite elegant in my opinion; The only issue was that it cooling performance did not leave much head room compared to most other aftermarket coolers.

This new one drops all the positive aesthetic elements from its predecessor so unless it cools like a beast I am going to be quite disappointed. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

That looks hideous

Man, I'd say that to be nice. 

At least XFX is trying to be different, but... they're being the wrong kind of different.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

When XFX does it: "OMG that is the worst cooler I've ever seen in the history of coolers!"

When EVGA does the same thing (Kepler ACX): "OMG that is the most beautiful cooler I've ever seen in the history of coolers!"

SMDH it's upside down in your case and all you'll see is a PCB

I'll rock the black and gold with no regrets, assuming XFX's cooling solution is superior to past iterations.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync

because they are cheap, there is no RnD at AMD for coolers on the gpu, I think they gave up on that years ago.

These coolers are aftermarket designs made by the manufacture and not that of AMD. Sapphire and ASUS both make excellent coolers (Tri-X, DirectCU, STRIX). I personally am waiting to see a R9 390(X) with a STRIX cooler as that card will sell as long as Fiji lives up to expectations.

Jesus.  Even the OP didn't read the article.  It says they initially thought it was a 390, but then upon later inspection realized it is a R9 380.  The card is a real XFX card, but it is on a Hawaii PCB. So not exactly fake, just incorrect.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

because they are cheap, there is no RnD at AMD for coolers on the gpu, I think they gave up on that years ago.

hey braniac, you do realize these are "3rd party" coolers...as in....OTHER companies make the coolers?

kids these days...sheesh.....

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

These coolers are aftermarket designs made by the manufacture and not that of AMD. Sapphire and ASUS both make excellent coolers (Tri-X, DirectCU, STRIX). I personally am waiting to see a R9 390(X) with a STRIX cooler as that card will sell as long as Fiji lives up to expectations.

hey braniac, you do realize these are "3rd party" coolers...as in....OTHER companies make the coolers?

kids these days...sheesh.....

Read the original quote, both of you.

I know this is not AMD's own cooler design nor did I comment on the cooler itself.

Might want to grab those reading glasses old man.

AMD do make there own coolers and they not only suck but have always been ugly.

Read the original quote, both of you.

I know this is not AMD's own cooler design nor did I comment on the cooler itself.

Might want to grab those reading glasses old man.

AMD do make there own coolers and they not only suck but have always been ugly.

I think he was talking about all AMD cards in general.

I think he was talking about all AMD cards in general.

Maybe, but that would be silly because some designs are the same on both teams so calling all AMD 3rd party coolers ugly would mean calling most Nvidia's cooler ugly as well.

Jesus.  Even the OP didn't read the article.  It says they initially thought it was a 390, but then upon later inspection realized it is a R9 380.  The card is a real XFX card, but it is on a Hawaii PCB. So not exactly fake, just incorrect.

Actually, that note was added much later. When I read the article after OP posted it, it was still assuming that these were pictures of the R9 390.

Notice how "Original Article" is bolded underneath the note, which is also bolded. That indicates that it got updated.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Well if the price tag on is ture I will save up to get 2 of them just got to wait to see if it is true or not

Gold was soo last year...

I think Apple, HTC, and Asus disagree with us. :P I must say Asus didn't do a bad job with the color scheme imo, but gold builds aren't common.

hero.png

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GOLD20THGTX980P4GD5/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

This is fake. Check the update article. This is an XFX R9 380

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

It looks god damn beautiful, except the gold trim, get rid of the gold trim, this is a PC component, not a fashion accessory. Also if they made either the "R9 390" or "XFX" logo backlit by a white LED, that would be a big cherry on top.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

This is fake. Check the update article. This is an XFX R9 380

Theres a difference between being fake and wrong. this article was wrong.

This article http://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/is fake.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Someone should just open the picture in Photoshop and play with the gamma that will reveal what it really says on the side of the card.  -_- What's interesting is if all new AMD products on the higher end will have the LED lit model on the side of the card. Like Nvidia does with their cards and the R9 295x2. It's purely ascetics but still would be sick to see crossfire R9 390X illuminating through a side window.

Oh My God!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:   DROOL  :P

WANT!!!!!! 

The gold trim isn't that bad and I think accents the card in a nice way. Definitely getting this one in my new upcoming custom build. Well when I have the money anyway. :(

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Why in the world would you want that. AMD's shit usually gets hotter and Strix has had terrible temperature/coil issues. 

VaporX is just an insane cooler. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Excellent Rumour and let's combine forces next time. LOL.

I think us Europeans have a slight time zone advantage with WCCF rumours, for what they are worth.

oh shut up you .. you beat me by 6 minutes... id happily join force i haven heard linus read the names of 2 OP on the show ever so this time ill say well done ill get you next time :D

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3