gtx 950M with GDDR3? WTF

SWAGGA

Why will there be a gtx 950M with GDDR3 too, I mean thats just a complete shit. I have a gt 750M (384 Cuda Cores) 4GB GDDR3 and an i7. On lowest settings my brothers gtx 560 (336 Cuda Cores) 1GB GDDR5 gets 60-60 FPs average in BF4 with an athlon X4 760K and my gt 750M gets about 30fps (all 1080p), so I think that this shows how important GDDR5 actually is. Both GPUs ran at about 1.25Ghz on the core. And my laptop cost much more:

What do you guys think?

I mean now i am using my gaming build for all the playing stuff except when i am not at home :) for  a longer time 

I really though GDDR3 had died out by now...

But hey, if people buy it can you blame them (the manufacturers)?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I really though GDDR3 had died out by now...

But hey, if people buy it can you blame them (the manufacturers)?

yea, but sadly many people dont know so much about that, and where i bought my laptop they didnt even say if it was the gddr3 or gddr5 version, i bet the gddr5 version would give me the same fps as the gtx 560, cuz then i would have waited a bit longer with building the pc, also i have to set my temp target on 97°C on the gpu so it doesnt throttle, cuz I can figure out how I can access the fan (i know its possible).

yea, but sadly many people dont know so much about that, and where i bought my laptop they didnt even say if it was the gddr3 or gddr5 version, i bet the gddr5 version would give me the same fps as the gtx 560, cuz then i would have waited a bit longer with building the pc, also i have to set my temp target on 97°C on the gpu so it doesnt throttle, cuz I can figure out how I can access the fan (i know its possible).

Yeah it all Advertising, if you see on the little spec sheet: Ultra fast GTX 950M with the newest architecture! WOAW!

A new buyer would think Ergmahgerd fest grerphicx :DD

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Yeah it all Advertising, if you see on the little spec sheet: Ultra fast GTX 950M with the newest architecture! WOAW!

A new buyer would think Ergmahgerd fest grerphicx :DD

....so finally I can quickscope newbs in CoD.....[1 day l8er]....why the heck do I only get 10 fps, i can only herdscoep...:

....so finally I can quickscope newbs in CoD.....[1 day l8er]....why the heck do I only get 10 fps, i can only herdscoep...:

cod on pc, wait wut xD

I literally dispise JB-HI-FI for this.

Fucking scum shits says a mobile A10 has new fast architecture.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

What's up with your 750m having 4gb of ram lol

and I think you meant DDR3 (as opposed to Gddr3), if it was really using gddr3 it would be a lot worse (gddr5 is derived from ddr3, but gddr3 was derived from ddr2). This kind of sucks, but is there a gddr5 version too? In that case the manufacturer will at least get the option to make the sensible choice... the 850m had that option iirc

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

cod on pc, wait wut xD

i just continuod ''MLG Doge''s post :P   CoD sucks anyways; Battlefield + War Thunder = Best games

What's up with your 750m having 4gb of ram lol

and I think you meant DDR3 (as opposed to Gddr3), if it was really using gddr3 it would be a lot worse (gddr5 is derived from ddr3, but gddr3 was derived from ddr2). This kind of sucks, but is there a gddr5 version too? In that case the manufacturer will at least get the option to make the sensible choice... the 850m had that option iirc

there is a version with 4GB GDDR3 and 2GB GDDR5; also i bought laptop in august 2013, i should have saved up 100€ more for the gtx 765M doe, or have gotten a cheap one and built a pc :/

i just continuod ''MLG Doge''s post :P   CoD sucks anyways; Battlefield + War Thunder = Best games

i agree :D

• 7 months later...

i have a gtx950m whit 4gb gd ddr3, its okey, my aunt gave me this laptop for free, i cant complain, but the gpu is a fucking toaster, it will run really smooth on high/ultra (arma3) but then it will run slower until it realeases some heat.

i do use a lower resolution. 1600x900

GTX950M are integrated to the mainboard itself

so to keep cost down

they equip the GPUs with DDR3 RAMs

if it were to have GDDR5

it will cost a lot more

also if you see GTX950M with GDDR5

they will be in a MXM module

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.