Georgia will tax you 200$ a year for owning an electric car.

Syntaxvgm

Standard Oil is all but dead. What are you smoking? The pride of the Rockefellers was dismantled a long time ago.

All oil is government controlled

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

If it's cheaper for the state and will invite new economic activity than repairing your roads, then yes, they will choose my option. Optionally you could band the community together to privately fund a road fix. Poor property owners. You made a bad decision and got burned. Boo hoo...

Boo hoo my ass. Whenever you work your ass off for a house to fucking live in and the government just comes in and takes half of your land just to widen a road to shave a couple minutes off of transit, you'll be pissed too.

American laws really are stupid. In the UK the government actually gives you a grant for buy an electric car, encouraging the purchase of them.

The US government also subsodizes a large amount of an electric cars price tag.

This has nothing to do with buying electric cars though, this is about roadway maintenance. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I get the 'gas tax' road improvement dilemma, but shouldn't you then find a way to collect the tax is a different way instead of direct taxing the owner of an electric car. Maybe through the hydro (electricity) bill, tire and other automotive purchases?

I get the 'gas tax' road improvement dilemma, but shouldn't you then find a way to collect the tax is a different way instead of direct taxing the owner of an electric car. Maybe through the hydro (electricity) bill, tire and other automotive purchases?

That winds up double and triple taxing everyone BUT the electric car owners for the same service. Eventually the gas tax will be phased out and taxation based on miles driven, higher registration and inspection fees, and direct tolls on most new road and highway construction will take care of it. 

Or banning e-cigss that smokers use to kick smoking or at least switch to something, while not the greatest, much better than cigs...

oh wait that's happening. 

I'm personally of the mind that if e cigs can help people kick the habit than power to them, but I still want e cigs banned in the same places normal cigarettes are banned. Great if it helps you quit but still don't want that shit smoke/vapor in my face. -.- 

I'm personally of the mind that if e cigs can help people kick the habit than power to them, but I still want e cigs banned in the same places normal cigarettes are banned. Great if it helps you quit but still don't want that shit smoke/vapor in my face. -.- 

I don't smoke, but believe me, you can huff someone's vapor and not smell it. It'll take that over smoke. Best part is, instead of taking smoke breaks, or smoking up the whole room with that hazy smokers fog, they can take a puff every now and then in the office while they are working. The vapor dissipates. I really didn't know how different it was until I met people that vaped a lot.

But, I'm of the mind that cigarettes should not be banned in the first place, so that warps my view. like you can't smoke in bars here anymore, and I'm thinking, isn't that up to the bar? I don't have to go to a bar that allows smoking..

"I was busy killing my liver a little before I make dangerous driving decisions, but second hand smoke be damned!"

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I don't smoke, but believe me, you can huff someone's vapor and not smell it. It'll take that over smoke. Best part is, instead of taking smoke breaks, or smoking up the whole room with that hazy smokers fog, they can take a puff every now and then in the office while they are working. The vapor dissipates. I really didn't know how different it was until I met people that vaped a lot.

But, I'm of the mind that cigarettes should not be banned in the first place, so that warps my view. like you can't smoke in bars here anymore, and I'm thinking, isn't that up to the bar? I don't have to go to a bar that allows smoking..

"I was busy killing my liver a little before I make dangerous driving decisions, but second hand smoke be damned!"

Yeah but we haven't seen long term studies yet that properly asses the health risks of secondhand vapor.

like you can't smoke in bars here anymore, and I'm thinking, isn't that up to the bar? I don't have to go to a bar that allows smoking..

Sucks for the employees that can only find a job at that bar and don't want second hand crap from other people's lungs in their own.

Sucks for the employees that can only find a job at that bar and don't want second hand crap from other people's lungs in their own.

hahahah

that's their choice. Working at a bar not only can make some pretty damn decent money, but there's a lot worse things than the smoke. Like drunk assholes.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

That winds up double and triple taxing everyone BUT the electric car owners for the same service. Eventually the gas tax will be phased out and taxation based on miles driven, higher registration and inspection fees, and direct tolls on most new road and highway construction will take care of it. 

Double or triple the taxes? What? maybe add less than 1%.

So under the current system when I buy gas for lets say a lawnmower, atv, generator etc,. I get my tax money back right? No, then I would be paying additional tax for a service I am not using any more of. That doesn't seem fair, does it? How about we remove the gas tax that goes towards roads, direct charge everyone for their vehicle usage and avoid this problem. I am sure people getting billed in the 100s and 1000s of dollars is a much easier to pay then incremental charges at the pumps anyways or through electric bills (/s).  I am not saying that charging a tax on electricity is necessarily fair, but its already unfair as it is, and we are just spit balling ideas here aren't we?

We are still assuming that all that tax money is put towards roads and not just pooled and used for other funding. Ask NJ about their legal settlements being used not for their intended purposes but for budget balancing.

What? lol

First, u say "get over here and get an electric car", then - "pff, u gonna pay for that u're saving the mother nature". Nice.

They realised that electricity is cheaper than gas. If electric cars become more popular they will increase the cost of electricity to keep their greedy pockets full.

Its disgusting....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They realised that electricity is cheaper than gas. If electric cars become more popular they will increase the cost of electricity to keep their greedy pockets full.

Its disgusting....

Its cheaper, right now. But when people start using more of it, they'll have to build more power plants to generate electricity for those users so, the actual cost will go up, and not just because of greed.

Once you have socialized healthcare, your health and everyone elses health becomes the governments business. Not to mention the people who haven't actually read the study on second hand smoke. Yes, it causes cancer, if you inhale as much of it as a normal smoker does from actually smoking, over a period of several years.

I for one like the smokers fog in a dark room when I am playing games, creates atmosphere.

Edit: I hate people who are trying to ban vaping..... some people just need a good smack on the back of the head.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Its cheaper, right now. But when people start using more of it, they'll have to build more power plants to generate electricity for those users so, the actual cost will go up, and not just because of greed.

Taxing people more because of the type of "fuel" they use is greedy. Or does it provide any reasonable non-subjective reasoning in the article ?

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Taxing people more because of the type of "fuel" they use is greedy. Or does it provide any reasonable non-subjective reasoning in the article ?

From a government standpoint, you are correct to an extent. I was speaking from a company perspective.

As for the government, if they(energy generation companies) start having to build more NPP's, then the government will have to spend more for security and safety stuff on those power plants, so it does increase the cost to the government in some way. Not to mention the loss of tax revenue to provide maintenance for the roads (at least that's what they'll claim).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for decreasing taxes, mainly by cutting out salary to elected officials (it's a volunteer position, not a job/career) and by decreasing other forms of government spending that don't need to occur.

there's always short term pain for long term gain. Any of the reasons for not switching to electric cars are all short term problems that can be rectified. Burning gasoline is a long term problem with short term benefits that will eventually lead to global war over yet another finite resource. Of course, control of natural gas distribution will probably cause conflict long before oil, but yeah, Georgia should be giving people who own electric cars $200 back on their taxes each year, to stimulate another automotive boom. But, that would make too much sense, and threaten the oil companies.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

From a government standpoint, you are correct to an extent. I was speaking from a company perspective.

As for the government, if they(energy generation companies) start having to build more NPP's, then the government will have to spend more for security and safety stuff on those power plants, so it does increase the cost to the government in some way. Not to mention the loss of tax revenue to provide maintenance for the roads (at least that's what they'll claim).

Well that's their problem. If they legalised marijuana then they could easily pay for all that stuff. Or stop wasting money on military...

Its the easiest way to make people pay for it instead of being creative and accumulating money somewhere else.

I'm just unhappy with the system and how money are all that matters to so many people in the world.

That's all I have to say, don't wanna get off topic.

Well that's their problem. If they legalised marijuana then they could easily pay for all that stuff. Or stop wasting money on military...

I'm just unhappy with the system and how money are all that matters to so many people in the world.

That's all I have to say, don't wanna get off topic.

I view the military as more necessary than half of the shit they spend money on, like the NSA, DEA, etc.

I wish they'd start building more NPP's to get rid of the coal plants, mainly because NPP's employ a lot of people, are better for the environment (yeah, I said it.) and we have a wealth of radioactive material to use in fueling the next generation of plants.

Not to mention that the new generation of plants is far safer than the ones that currently exist. To quote one engineer "we removed and disabled all of the primary, active safety devices, and gave the reactor every possible reason to melt down, twice, and it politely refused both times". (liquid metal cooled fast reactors)

That, and start pouring more money into NASA damnit. Why do we not have a permanent station on the moon? At least a robotic observatory.

The state I live in has 529 structurally deficient bridges according to the DOT, that is ~6% or 1 in 17. We don't have the budget to pay for all of the repairs/replacements. This is a problem. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/no-april-fools-day-joke-529-of-colorados-bridges-need-structural-repair-new-analysis-of-us-department-of-transportation-data-finds-300059435.html

Like I previously said, it would be nice if there was a simple way to tax EVs based on usage and not a flat fee, but this is completely impractical. GA didn't pull the $200 number out of their ass...it falls in line with what an average commuter already pays yearly when driving a gas vehicle. I don't understand why some people find this unreasonable.

Well, if your cities are anything like mine (San Antonio) then you probably are having an explosive growth of population. It's economically impossible to keep up with the road maintenance with the amount of people now driving on them, compared to two or three years ago.

Also I'm fairly sure interstates, highways, and bridges throughout the entire USA are in need of repairs. 

Yeah but we haven't seen long term studies yet that properly asses the health risks of secondhand vapor.

most of the bad vapor/ecigs that are dangerous in anyway are the cheapo liquid people buy online, like Chinese shit. Some has lead, no joke. A lot of the "ecigs will kill you!" people test the worst liquids they can find. Unfortunately, you can't tell what another smoker is using, but for someone who smokes them, it's important for their own safety that they get well made liquid from a well regulated and trusted source. Most people I know buy locally from shops that mix on site, even though it costs a bit more. 

muh specs 

All parts black

most of the bad vapor/ecigs that are dangerous in anyway are the cheapo liquid people buy online, like Chinese shit. Some has lead, no joke. A lot of the "ecigs will kill you!" people test the worst liquids they can find. Unfortunately, you can't tell what another smoker is using, but for someone who smokes them, it's important for their own safety that they get well made liquid from a well regulated and trusted source. Most people I know buy locally from shops that mix on site, even though it costs a bit more. 

Most of the high quality ones contain nicotine too and research on it outside of traditional tobacco is minimal at best. We do know for sure it's addictive but beyond that we don't know much if it's individual health effect. 

Most of the high quality ones contain nicotine too and research on it outside of traditional tobacco is minimal at best. We do know for sure it's addictive but beyond that we don't know much if it's individual health effect. 

lol they all contain nicotine....that's the point. 

Did you know most beer contains alcohol? 

The point of vaping/ecigs is to get your nicotine fix without...tar, rat poison and shit. That's also why some people use them over patches or gum to help ween themselves off smoking, as you can choose the amount of nicotine you want. 

muh specs 

All parts black