Project "Over the sea"

kickasssloth

Ok, so... I am moving from Australia to America! My girlfriend and I met online just over a year ago and I happen to work in america too, so we have finally started the visa process to get married!

ANYWAY!

I am moving my rig from home, to my new home when I go back next week, so I am in the process of packing it up in my carry on and check luggage...

AND!

Once its all over there, im going to be building it in a new case, with new lighting and a new set up!
(hint... UV Blue, cube, clean, external control ;) )

And its going to be her first build too! :)

So here is update #1, the packing... Once its over there I will update with a lot of photos of the build process, if it makes it in one piece...

tvyMgwq.jpg

LzEDUBG.jpg

cool!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Sounds awesome! I'd get it insured though, just incase ;)

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Sounds awesome! I'd get it insured though, just incase ;)

Oh dont worry, it will be! :) Im a photographer so my gear always is! most of it will be in my carry on nice and safe at least though :)

Cool!! insurance's recommended 

Mobo:Rampage v Extreme **Processor: i7 5930X @ 4.7ghz**Ram:Corsair Vengence 2800 16GB**GPU: GTX Titan X**PSU: 1300W Cooler Master Silent Hybrid**Hard drive: 512gb Plexton Pro SSD**Samsung EVO 1TB SSD**Case: Enthoo Primo** All razers peripehal
WC : Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 480mm Radiator ***Phobya V2 480mm Radiator!!***EK R5E Full Mobo WB***Nickel EK-FC Titan X with Black Backplate from EK*** Bitspower com angle fittings*** Primochill Hardline Fittings**Bitspower Dual Pump top and 200mm Tube Z with MCP655 pwm***Primochill PETG** Mayhem Dye

Follow me in instagram #grimmmreaper88

Umm Question why not water cool your GPU and get a thicker rad? for the GPU rad 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Umm Question why not water cool your GPU and get a thicker rad? for the GPU rad 

Thats a future upgrade, its a 670 and when I decided to upgrade the noisey as hell cooler I couldnt find a waterblock,

but im upgrading the GPU as soon as I can because I need to go 4k (video editor/photographer) and then I will watercool it properly :)

What pump is that, mounted to what reservoir?

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

What pump is that, mounted to what reservoir?

Yea, its a XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump :)

Just ordered some new goodies for the project! Really REALLY hope everything makes it alright... cant see why it wont. :D

My Flight leaves in 7 days, and we are building the system the day I get there :)
UkPIPqA.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Done! Here it is, I know it took a little longer than I thought, and its not as detailed as a post as it could be, but here are some pretty pictures of my new build! :)

This was also my girlfriends first real build, just after we started dating I mailed her an old 128gb SSD and helped her instal it in her old macbook via skype, since then she has had a love for tech and building like we all do, she even watches most of Linus's videos on her own! :o

Its really cool to get someone else into what I love doing, and she loved every minute. (other than my 2 hours of cable management)

I will be honest... I was getting so many questions and hugs and being fed ice cream that I forgot I wanted to make a build log... I took way less photos than I meant to or wanted to and im a little annoyed at myself... oh well, guess I will have to build another computer!

anyway.. here it is!

For everyone I know will ask, I have a 670 with an H80i on it because when I had the money to start a watercooling loop for this rig, I couldnt find a 670 block.. AND I have been waiting a long time for something else to come along worth buying to replace it, Im thinking about a titan x...

But for now the system I have is very handy, pretty neat, makes the card WAY cooler and quieter and I can swap out anything I want or need super easy.

0DDKu6k.jpg

Here we have the system coming together nicely.. Specs are as follows

CPU: 3930k @ 4.5ghz
GPU: gtx690
RAM: 32gb
Storage: 2x evo 840 128gb SSD's in RAID 0 for the boot drive, and then 2x 3tb Barracuda drives in RAID 1 for storage (and an 8tb NAS with RED drives in it for back up/mass storage)

The rest should be pretty obvious, if you have any questions just ask!
xkRnQFC.jpg

Mounting the Res was not easy, or Ideal... having just moved here I basically have a screw driver.. If I had a drill I would have just stuck a couple mounting points in the back and called it a day, but instead I had to take advantage of some fan mounting points and some luck :P I will have to update it soon though, its not going anywhere.. but its not super safe either.

r6eT7Ys.jpg

1Y4Icj9.jpg

I love cable management. Simple. I spent 2 hours doing this to get it just right, neat and tidy. I was super happy and its probably my favorite part, then my girlfriend came over and said...
"babe, isnt that the bit nobody will ever see?"

then I decided just to finish the rest..

kcRIUGT.jpg

CnVgHnF.jpg

Its not perfect, I know... but its pretty good considering the number of cables that are actually back there... (without making custom cables)
nLyf9cT.jpg

Final test fit before leak testing...
BxCEubL.jpg

Went with these UV LED's... not very happy, they dont react with anything (including the uv coolant) very well, and they are very very purple.. Might just get some white ones in there soon.
tj1UrkM.jpg

You can also see here my external fan controller, its just a matter of a few 6 foot extensions from amazon and braided together by my girl, actually works really well and its cool to have them controllable from our desk, and not looking weird on the front of the case. Plus its just something a bit different!

Here is a crappy phone photo...
XvqV6w6.jpg

And here it is! all done and nicely set up! Super happy with it!! almost at the point of my dream build... powerful, clean, quiet.
HoGzZfX.jpg

cUOYhpk.jpg

BNI41xR.jpg

Would love to hear any thoughts, feedback or opinions! Thanks for looking guys and girls :)

BONUS!
My girlfriend loves playing games, but she still hasnt got the hand eye coordination for a mouse and keyboard just yet, so I bought her an xbox controller and did a quick little paint job on it for her to go with her love of blue, and love of space... I am really happy with how it came out, and she absolutely loves it! yay!

X2YsUob.jpg