LGBT community

carguy86
9 minutes ago, Selah said:

When others say you're wrong you should possible use 2 seconds for google.

If you want to be technical, they are pcie connectors yet vga cables. 

You don't call your gpu a pcie card do you? you call it a gpu; for the longest time they were called vga cards. If you're young without IT degrees you should always back up your knowledge with public db searches imho.

I was reasonably sure I knew what these things were called, but I've been wrong before so I decided to take your advice and "use 2 seconds for google".  In fact, I spent a lot more than that, and I found a lot of talk calling them PCIe power cables, and a lot of talk using VGA to describe the display cable, and nothing whatsoever calling the power cables you pictured "VGA cables", despite what I see clearly labelled on them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you've got a lot of experience in this space, could you please link me to your sources for this then?  You sound like you've got some historical knowledge I may lack.

As for your other example, no, I wouldn't call a GPU or video card a PCIe card since that would be too vague, but if I did it wouldn't be wrong.  It would be the same thing as calling a HDD a SATA device :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was reasonably sure I knew what these things were called, but I've been wrong before so I decided to take your advice and "use 2 seconds for google".  In fact, I spent a lot more than that, and I found a lot of talk calling them PCIe power cables, and a lot of talk using VGA to describe the display cable, and nothing whatsoever calling the power cables you pictured "VGA cables", despite what I see clearly labelled on them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you've got a lot of experience in this space, could you please link me to your sources for this then?  You sound like you've got some historical knowledge I may lack.

As for your other example, no, I wouldn't call a GPU or video card a PCIe card since that would be too vague, but if I did it wouldn't be wrong.  It would be the same thing as calling a HDD a SATA device :P 

I thought those cables are labeled as VGA because they're for the graphics card?

So people know to only use them for GPUs I'd think.  ?

Something that's been bugging me about Skyrim since I started playing it on Sunday. Is the ocassional artifacting normal? Once every so often, I get a very brief artifact, like if I pushed my card just barely past stability.

However, my card is running bone stock, and the game itself is completely vanilla. In addition, this is the only game that is presenting that problem with my card running at stock speeds. Granted, my card cannot OC to save it's own life (maybe an additional 30 MHz at best), but I'm wondering if it's the card, or just Skyrim being buggy 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Vga (vid. graph. array) is the hardware standard that was introduced by ibm in like... 1987. Through widespread adoption and introduction into business/server/etc. environments it came to be understood as terminology for an analog display standard the 15 pin connectors and/or the 480 res. characteristic of vga era hardware.

Source? years of experience, books I might not be able to find, people with beards longer than sack drops that yelled this info into me while I was slaving away doing cabling in hot buildings.

25 minutes ago, Selah said:

I'm a Cheesehead In one of the not eastern college towns. I also have a few health conditions which makes me susceptible to the cold (but i like the winter too much to move south). 

I could but it's a bastard of a chasis that I built from 3d printed stuff. I'm moving everything onto a wall mount soon (ex is making me a desk with a side wall to mount my pc on).

nvidia released "hb bridges" with the 10 series cards (for the 1070/1080) supposedly the Sli bridges have bandwidth and other interconnectivity issues that result in performance (not just raw framerate) being crippled on Sli setups. The bridge reduces the effect and from just switches between a normal bridge to an hb bridge in overwatch my avg fps changed seemed to go up by 15. I am gaming at well past 200hz on 4k downscaled to 1440p... so I'm using bandwidth.

Toe socks are amazing. They make it feel like i'm being snugly secured and such. When walking around the house without slippers though it's really nice because you don't have constant skin-skin contact. When layering socks for going outside they're a boon because any sweat gathered doesn't pool inbetween your toes.

So you're from my state?  That's cool.  (Assuming there isn't another place that uses that term.)

I hope you're keeping warm enough then.  I need to get an electric blanket myself. It gets rather chilly down here in my basement area during the cold months.  

I need some socks like that then.  It's nice feeling all cozy and warm.  ?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

So you're from my state?  That's cool.  (Assuming there isn't another place that uses that term.)

I hope you're keeping warm enough then.  I need to get an electric blanket myself. It gets rather chilly down here in my basement area during the cold months.  

I need some socks like that then.  It's nice feeling all cozy and warm.  ?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SW1EUO6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Injinji is the company i've liked so far.

Wisconsin (Cheesehead). Close to E.C. already can't ride to work and need to fix the car. tires on the ninja can't keep grip and almost dropped on the interstate today.

24 minutes ago, Selah said:

15271583_10205889802563046_1949867333_o.

Random question: what's that image you're using for the wallpaper on the left monitor?

3 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Something that's been bugging me about Skyrim since I started playing it on Sunday. Is the ocassional artifacting normal? Once every so often, I get a very brief artifact, like if I pushed my card just barely past stability.

However, my card is running bone stock, and the game itself is completely vanilla. In addition, this is the only game that is presenting that problem with my card running at stock speeds. Granted, my card cannot OC to save it's own life (maybe an additional 30 MHz at best), but I'm wondering if it's the card, or just Skyrim being buggy 

The artifacting is pretty normal. Skyrims bugs never got fully patched out and the artifacting is a relatively  well known one. I would recommend trying some of the user made patch mods ie: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/? (example if you have the legendary edition)

Skyruim has many a bug and graphical issue that were never fixed and its not being officially patched anymore hence the user patches

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Random question: what's that image you're using for the wallpaper on the left monitor?

Luo Tianyi an adaption of her character.

http://imgur.com/a/eh5L0 - Here's a 4k upload for you. 

8 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

The artifacting is pretty normal. Skyrims bugs never got fully patched out and the artifacting is a relatively  well known one. I would recommend trying some of the user made patch mods ie: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214/? (example if you have the legendary edition)

Skyruim has many a bug and graphical issue that were never fixed and its not being officially patched anymore hence the user patches

Just from a couple hours of playing, and no guide, I've found a couple questionable things already. The animation in the opening scene stutters, the artifacting, the easily abused AI. 

I've played buggy games in the past (Hello Digimon World), so it will be interesting to see what strange "features" exist. Seems to be a common theme with Bethesda though. 

My eyes see the past…

3 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Just from a couple hours of playing, and no guide, I've found a couple questionable things already. The animation in the opening scene stutters, the artifacting, the easily abused AI. 

I've played buggy games in the past (Hello Digimon World), so it will be interesting to see what strange "features" exist. Seems to be a common theme with Bethesda though. 

I'll say one thing, Bethesda does do the whole "Why do these games all have the same problems?!" very well with their games :P

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

13 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How awesome are they?  

Hang in there.  School can be draining but it's survivable.  I'm sure things will get better.  

Don't worry.  Play your cards right and high school can be a very fun time of your life.  

i dunno..

(please dont fuck up again, tipers.)

13 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Thinking about making an emblem for our company in Adobe Illustrator. I think I want to make something involving angle brackets < > and a double plus sign, perhaps with slashes? I dunno; we’ll see though.

\T/

bad representation of a logo

1 hour ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

I'll say one thing, Bethesda does do the whole "Why do these games all have the same problems?!" very well with their games :P

i..

had bayonetta..

stupid region locks.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Which is a better Christmas gift for someone? He's an IT in a bank and he's also a gamer (He's a fan or World of Warcraft and would like to attend Blizzcon next time). He's the one who introduced me to gaming. He even taught me how to used WASD keys. He already has a 2015 15'" MacBook Pro for his work and personal stuff but his gaming computer is quite old. It's running Windows 7 however but hardware wise, it's something that can be built from Scrapyard Wars. Should I buy him a pre-built gaming PC like the Acer Predator or build him from scratch? He already has a 21:9 monitor. I'm not proposing to him but I would like to take him to a vacation so my only budget is around $700.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

16 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

There doesn't seem to be a lot of change as far as core game logic goes even between the fallout and elder scrolls series. One of the first things that stood out was how closely Skyrim not just plays, but feels very closely to Fallout 3, despite the different setting. The Creation Engine, if I recall, was also derived from the notorious Gamebryo engine as well. 

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

Which is a better Christmas gift for someone? He's an IT in a bank and he's also a gamer (He's a fan or World of Warcraft and would like to attend Blizzcon next time). He's the one who introduced me to gaming. He even taught me how to used WASD keys. He already has a 2015 15'" MacBook Pro for his work and personal stuff but his gaming computer is quite old. It's running Windows 7 however but hardware wise, it's something that can be built from Scrapyard Wars. Should I buy him a pre-built gaming PC like the Acer Predator or build him from scratch? He already has a 21:9 monitor. I'm not proposing to him but I would like to take him to a vacation so my only budget is around $700.

i5 6600k + z170 (lets say $400)

and possibly a new gpu? RX 480

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

13 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Depends on the relationship and the message you want to send, a vacation is a heck of a lot more personal. Though it completely depends on the individual as to how they would interpolate any gift.

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i5 6600k + z170 (lets say $400)

and possibly a new gpu? RX 480

I think I can still squeeze a case with built in power supply. Thanks.

1 minute ago, TheCryoknight said:

Depends on the relationship and the message you want to send, a vacation is a heck of a lot more personal. Though it completely depends on the individual as to how they would interpolate any gift.

We've been together for six months. The vacation I'm planning/saving for is in Hawaii just the two of us next year. I would like to give him a new gaming PC this Christmas.

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

We've been together for six months. The vacation I'm planning/saving for is in Hawaii just the two of us next year. I would like to give him a new gaming PC this Christmas.

Ah that makes much more sense. Build him one with touches he may like on it. Something simple but custom enough that every time he uses it he thinks "he gave this great thing to me"

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

1 hour ago, Selah said:

Luo Tianyi an adaption of her character.

http://imgur.com/a/eh5L0 - Here's a 4k upload for you. 

I'm not familiar with who that is but it looks pretty.  Thank you!  

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Can you explain what you mean about easily abused AI?

Digimon World is only on PS4 right?  Or is it on PC too?

What bugs did you run into when playing Digimon World?

I've been meaning to get that on PS4.  

26 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Ah that makes much more sense. Build him one with touches he may like on it. Something simple but custom enough that every time he uses it he thinks "he gave this great thing to me"

I've been a little bit self absorbed with my last relationship and I'm not proud of it. I'm doing my best not to be like that this time. I don't think he'll appreciate an over the top $1500 gaming rig even if I have that kind of budget.  I guess a PC with RX480 but I want to ask, will there be a difference in performance if I picked an i5-6600k and something lower? 

38 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think I can still squeeze a case with built in power supply. Thanks.

If you'd get a 6600K you should get a Cryorig H7 cooler for it.  I was just looking at it earlier on Newegg and it's actually on sale for $5 cheaper than what I paid for one a few months ago.   The thing is nice and quiet and was not hard to install.  

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

i dunno..

(please dont fuck up again, tipers.)

You'll be ok.  Don't stress about it too much.  High school started out a little scary for me but before long it was rather nice.  

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

If you'd get a 6600K you should get a Cryorig H7 cooler for it.  I was just looking at it earlier on Newegg and it's actually on sale for $5 cheaper than what I paid for one a few months ago.   The thing is nice and quiet and was not hard to install.  

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Since he's a fan of WoW, I first thought of just buying him an Illidan Stormrage statue but he'll have no use of it and my wallet is not prepared for a statue and might scare his neighbors.