LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

Arch is perfect. Elegant, well-architectured, well-maintained, secure, and built for us, the end users. Debian has done a really poor job with upkeep and policy enforcement to ensure seamlessness for the end user.

Arch has a bit of set up but yeah once you get past all that set up I could see it being better than like Debian or Ubuntu. 

I mean less set up than Debian.

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

It’s not any more screwy than vanilla Debian. Where did you hear that?

True it'd be just as easy to screw up Debian as it would be to screw up arch.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

It’s not any more screwy than vanilla Debian. Where did you hear that?

I can't remember, this was 3 or 4 years ago when I got my Pi.

Never tried Arch, but I doubt it is very easy to screw up, the ones I've tried that fit that description was Gentoo, Linux from Scratch and Sabayon Linux, where the last was screwed up straight out of the box and not enough settings to fix it.

I do like Gentoo though, but you need to know what you're doing with that.

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

Distro makers should stop using Debian. It’s package ecosystem isn’t very good compared to Arch… and the “stability” assumed with release cycles is not worth the pain of upgrading them and dealing with dependencies.

There’s also the fact that PPAs and external repositories unnecessarily expose people to malware – Arch avoids this with the AUR having packages get compiled by the end-user. There’s also the added benefit of the burden of copyright being on the end user, allowing for even greater liberties with the AUR than would ever be possible with PPAs.

Ubuntu is Debian based but I'm fairly sure Canonical cleaned up the lot of it up.

Screw all of it and just Fedora it? It's based off Red Hat so there shouldn't be any ties to Debian, right?

Fedora_vertical.png

8 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Ubuntu is Debian based but I'm fairly sure Canonical cleaned up the lot of it up.

Screw all of it and just Fedora it? It's based off Red Hat so there shouldn't be any ties to Debian, right?

Fedora_vertical.png

Fedora is sponsored by Red Hat Corporation rather than the Debian Project, uses a different package manager than Debian and works somewhat differently in general compared to Debian and related distros. Config files in different locations, packages have different names and whatnot (like instead of bind9 its named).

2 hours ago, Tibbles said:

Bookmarked this website, thankies. o3o

Your welcome

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

11 hours ago, AlexTheRose said:

what if your house got bombed one day… D:

Then i bomb america away

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

2 hours ago, Zorbeltuss said:

Some of those are so nice, and I love the pink, but I'm currently waiting for two body shirts which may not come because the post office do not send the necessary information for me to get the package (which is at the place were I should be able to get it), not feeling very happy about ordering more right now.

Hopely that wont happen when i order my stuff

Build

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Zorbeltuss said:

Well I'm MtF and I don't mind as long as it's not attached to me.

But when you mention it yeah this thread is sorely lacking some parts of the LGBT community.

yoo matey the thing is this is a tech site. half fun finding a tech site with majority females. Soooo yeah that means no L and some other parts.

Build

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Hopely that wont happen when i order my stuff

Well where I live I'm having about half of my mail not arrive on time and only half of that shows up at all (usually within a month after I should have received it).

13 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

yoo matey the thing is this is a tech site. half fun finding a tech site with majority females. Soooo yeah that means no L and some other parts.

I know at least one, but yeah I'd find that sentiment discouraging too.

2 minutes ago, Zorbeltuss said:

Well where I live I'm having about half of my mail not arrive on time and only half of that shows up at all (usually within a month after I should have received it).

I know at least one, but yeah I'd find that sentiment discouraging too.

where i live shit takes 3-4 weeks only in customs

Build

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

where i live shit takes 3-4 weeks only in customs

Yeah, but 3-4 weeks extra for express mail from your local doctor etc is not involving customs in any way.

Edit: To clarify I do not have a problem with international shipping at all, it's just national shipping and mail that is a problem, a big one at that.

Edited by Zorbeltuss

Let me drop something in:

*there was a picture a long time ago I had on my phone that was an ice cream shaped like a dick and someone was licking it. Imagine that*

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

holy fuck did this thread get kinky af when I was gone

it was more that it went back on topic .... than kinky AF ... but yeah it quickly derailed ... cause techies .... xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

it was more that it went back on topic .... than kinky AF ... but yeah it quickly derailed ... cause techies .... xD 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (。˘З˘)ᗡლ==8 all day. 

Derail it now. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (。˘З˘)ᗡლ==8 all day. 

Derail it now. 

Derail from what if it's technically getting it back on topic?

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Derail from what if it's technically getting it back on topic?

Dunno, post cookies.  

image.jpeg

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

aPBe3ug.jpg

I've never seen so many Reefbacks come so close to where I'm building my base. Subnautica is a magical game full of wonder and adventure, I swear.

Yes Ubuntu Software Store, I would most certainly love to remove security and privacy. /s

iwa.png

Well after reading that description maybe I might want to remove it.

Just now, Daring said:

snip

I've never seen so many Reefbacks come so close to where I'm building my base. Subnautica is a magical game full of wonder and adventure, I swear.

It might be interesting in VR. I'd love to build that PC in my sig and get a rift to go with it.

Just now, wcreek said:

It might be interesting in VR. I'd love to build that PC in my sig and get a rift to go with it.

Yes, it is.

Also, remember that there's absolutely nothing in the water that can hurt you! Nope! Absolutely nothing!

6 minutes ago, Daring said:

aPBe3ug.jpg

I want to play subnautica..

It's on the list of "I'll do this someday"

9 minutes ago, wcreek said:

This kinda cookie?Chocolate_Chip_Cookies_-_kimberlykv.jpg

Yeah but I literally have cookies.. :)

image.jpg

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.