LGBT community

carguy86

3 out of 4 finals done. Temporary freedom on the horizon. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Well I worked my last day at the shitty grocery store yesterday.

Now I'm getting ideas for what I wanna apply for in about 32 days right now, I'm really intrigued at maybe doing Night Auditor Agent/Overnight Guest Agent at a couple hotels nearby. Shifts are 11pm-7am, although whenever @Dan Castellaneta got a job after he graduates in June, I could run into issues with availability again but I need to save around $10,000-$14,000 to do everything I wanted to do towards the mid/end of next year. Which I'm not sure would be super possible at these jobs I'm eyeing up, because I know there's another job that I just need to meet a couple other things to qualify... Although it would make getting the funds I needed easier than they were at the grocery store. Otherwise, I might go overnights at Walmart or back to the company I worked for but as overnights, although not ideal.

I guess, I'm really not going to worry about it too much because I quit so I could enjoy the holiday as best as I can being around 1,000 miles away from him and with my own family.

I also wanted to get out of the toxicity that was that store during the evenings at least.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

@wcreek Retail can be a real pain. At my job they want to promote me to a combo, where you have the job duties of a courtesy clerk and a cashier. I seriously don't want to be taken advantage of by certain customers that frequent my store. I hate their guts from the kind of shit they do. I also really don't want that added stress, but I'd get more hours ... which means the new car I want will be in my possession much sooner.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

11 minutes ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

@wcreek Retail can be a real pain. At my job they want to promote me to a combo, where you have the job duties of a courtesy clerk and a cashier. I seriously don't want to be taken advantage of by certain customers that frequent my store. I hate their guts from the kind of shit they do. I also really don't want that added stress, but I'd get more hours ... which means the new car I want will be in my possession much sooner.

Yeah for sure. Just right now I'm just evaluating my decision I made to quit. Is there anyway I could've done it better. But my manager didn't want to work with me. Even after he asked if I'd be willing to work with him. I hope I didn't burn the bridge too badly leaving at the time I did. Aside from my own wishes of being able to be more available to play tf2 or chat with my long distance love. I was really straining my physical and mental health in part because I barely was able to do much because of the hours I was working and because at least the expectation that was set by upper management and how customers can be. I felt not exactly prepared for what I needed to do. Which was a cause of stress because I didn't know he to respond in a way that would work the best for the customer and the store. And also I didn't like dealing with rude and mean customers

I've got one of them rare GTX 760Ti's

I'm going to have another play with it tomorrow, but it needs a downclock to even run games without crashing. It is stable downclocked though, so I might bios mod it to max out at its stable speeds.

I'm thinking of calling it the 760Ti succ edition, because it kinda sucks lol

6 hours ago, Daring said:

There really is no point to working a crappy, dead-end job.

My bank wanted to hire me on the spot when the banker saw my major because I was applying for a college cash back credit card. But I don't have my degree yet, and he asked if I could apply once I get one. So I'm working part time at a retail job to pay some bills, build credit, and to save some money while I'm finishing school. I don't see a lack of point there. I'm building purposeful experience on the side with my science club activities and volunteering. The internships I'd love to apply for are too far away. 

7 hours ago, Rileeey said:

Unless it’s the only job that’s available at that time... :/

It sucks, but bills don’t pay themselves...

In my case, $10,000-$14,000 ain't gonna just show up on my front door step. 

As much as itd be fun to think about winning a decent lotto jackpot as I'm sure most do it's still probably good to have a plan.

I needed two things from a job that mine wasn't providing the hours and pay to make that happen and was not a conducive environment to work in.

In that $10,000-$14,000 figure I am including a purchase of a car that would be around $6,000 or less. Actually moving, and getting an apartment and furnishings should only be about another 4,000-8,000 which is quite a range but if I go for gold I have more flexibility I figure.

See what I'm after is something like a stop gap job because there's a job at the company my mom works for that all it's really need is a full license and insurance but to save my mom money id need to get a really cheap car to insure

On 12/10/2017 at 1:32 PM, AshleyAshes said:

I think I've reached a new personal record for 'Large Media On Server'...

Eve Torrent.png

Only did the first season. Kaworu's my bae but his dubbing sucks.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:01 PM, Nicholatian said:

Y'know, when you live as a centrist, you end up watching whatever political spectrum you're in oscillate back and forth between the wings, and it's very noticeable because the labels for your opinions will change, sometimes drastically, even though your perspective hasn't all that much. Really makes you think about how much of it is just humdrum and fanfare at the end of the day. I normally don't care to waste my time with it because it's virtually guaranteed to lead you to the corner of No and Where in a big fuckin' hurry.

So rather than caring about politics, I'm having the time of my life instead! Today I got married, and it's almost unbelievable to me for some moments. I don't know why, but it's not long until I just feel normal again, because I had pretty much no anxiety about tying the knot at all. Pretty stark contrast to the work ordeal I had panic attacks over last month.

Our hands, in wedlock:

rings.jpg

Fucking hell man, I'm really happy for you. xD

I get my ATAR and subject study scores tomorrow at 7AM. It's 10PM currently. 9 hours away. I'm shitting bricks.

25 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I get my ATAR and subject study scores tomorrow at 7AM. It's 10PM currently. 9 hours away. I'm shitting bricks.

You'll be fine 9_9

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Lucky bastards.

My exams aren't over until January 16th.

I guess that's my punishment for taking a years worth of university classes in 6 months.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I see you all talking about exams and as much as I wanna say 'Ha ha, I'm an adult, I don't have exams!' I'm going to tell you the REAL truth.  ...At least one night a week I still find myself going 'Do I have any homework due tomorrow? o.O  ...Wait a second... :dry: Right.  '

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I see you all talking about exams and as much as I wanna say 'Ha ha, I'm an adult, I don't have exams!' I'm going to tell you the REAL truth.  ...At least one night a week I still find myself going 'Do I have any homework due tomorrow? o.O  ...Wait a second... :dry: Right.  '

I'm 29, have a kid and a full time job, so I think I do qualify as an adult (at least in the legal sense).

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes