LGBT community

carguy86
1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Soon as 18 hits, have your stuff packed, slowly walk out the door, then slowly progress that into an all-out sprint for your life. 

Happy birthday son! Here is your gift:

Spoiler

Responsibility

Bills

Taxes

Lawsuits

Donald trump

18 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Guys, I do believe I have an issue that I am sure most of us have probably dealt with. I am Bi, and nobody knows about it except you guys and two of my three friends. Now... My parents. Holy shit. They do not know yet, and I think it needs to stay this way.

I get that they are trying to protect me and keep me safe, but I think they are going overboard. I want decently long hair, but I cant. I have never dated a girl (or a guy now, I guess) and this is probably because I would be worried AF that my parents would have huge objections to it. And I suck at finding people IRL.

My parents are the "violent videogames cause school shootings" type of "person" and they say that my ADHD and Autism makes it worse.

Needless to say, I cannot even play TF2. I am three days less than a month from turning 18. You just read that correctly.

My door to my room is to remain open at all times, no matter what and my monitors have to be within view through the door from the staircase. Everything off at 10:00.

If my parents somehow hear that I am Bi, I imagine I would be properly screwed over.

What do?

Do you have decent cash saved up? Can you find a place for cheap? Do you have friends you can stay with? Best option is to get out as soon as you can. I'm in the same boat as you minus the ADHD and autism. No one in my family or even my friends know. Only people on this forum. As soon as I can afford it i'm gone. It doesn't help when 1 parent has a violent/mean streak and thinks he's the top of the world and the other 2 people living with you are borderline nuts. I'm just lucky that one of them is a war nut so games and modest privacy aren't so much of a problem. Also they know nothing about tech so they depend on me for that stuff :P But seriously Get Out As Soon As Possible.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

7 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Do you have decent cash saved up? Can you find a place for cheap? Do you have friends you can stay with? Best option is to get out as soon as you can. I'm in the same boat as you minus the ADHD and autism. No one in my family or even my friends know. Only people on this forum. As soon as I can afford it i'm gone. It doesn't help when 1 parent has a violent/mean streak and thinks he's the top of the world and the other 2 people living with you are borderline nuts. I'm just lucky that one of them is a war nut so games and modest privacy aren't so much of a problem. Also they know nothing about tech so they depend on me for that stuff :P But seriously Get Out As Soon As Possible.

I have roughly 5k saved up and I am NOT living with my friends, I am at least one year older than any of them... Idk... I have absolutely no real world life experiance, aside from my previous IT job where we used to live. And making grilled cheese.

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I have roughly 5k saved up and I am NOT living with my friends, I am at least one year older than any of them... Idk... I have absolutely no real world life experiance, aside from my previous IT job where we used to live. And making grilled cheese.

Crap well then..... Seems like you'll need to keep it hidden from most until you can get out....

Some advice? Don't do, say or act in any way that could possibly get them to think you are anything but "normal" Questions are a very very very bad thing.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

24 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Soon as 18 hits, have your stuff packed, slowly walk out the door, then slowly progress that into an all-out sprint for your life. 

I am going to take the opposite stance; just thought I would offer some thoughts.  And  I am not trying to generalize you with any of the comments.

First, you are experiencing what everyone experiences with their parents at some point in their lives; and right about the correct age.  You also sound like your experiencing the same maturity growth as others as well.  You'll find as you grow older that you can look back to where you were and are amazed as how much you've grown -- have you noticed for instance that the freshman in your high school this year were very short, and very much kids; you were once too when you were at that age.  You'll find that when you're 21 looking back to who you are today, the same comparisons of growth will occur; then the same when you're 24 looking back at 21, 28 looking back at 24, 32, etc. etc.  At some point you're going to suddenly realize that your parents are another twenty to thirty years wiser than you, and will start to seek them out in terms of learning about their life lessons, and you'll wish you had listened to their content more when you were 18.

I am sure they have nothing but love for you and your well being.  That said, leaving home over a video game or over time to bed should not be in the cards.  When you do leave home, you want it to be for considerable life changes -- but it college, the military, your readiness in a job to step out on your own.  

Also, re finding a relationship, you're eighteen -- most straight friends you have now wont be married for another eighteen years.  You have all the time in the world; and I know it feels like you need to take every second and make the most of it now.

My advice is to sit back, relax, take it all in - both yourself and your family; learn what you can learn now, enhance what you can and take with you when you do set yourself free a situation where even if your parents disagree with you, its only a component of you they disagree with and not the holistic individual you are.

1 minute ago, OldFart said:

I am going to take the opposite stance; just thought I would offer some thoughts.  And Zodiark - I am not trying to generalize you with any of the comments.

First, you are experiencing what everyone experiences with their parents at some point in their lives; and right about the correct age.  You also sound like your experiencing the same maturity growth as others as well.  You'll find as you grow older that you can look back to where you were and are amazed as how much you've grown -- have you noticed for instance that the freshman in your high school this year were very short, and very much kids; you were once too when you were at that age.  You'll find that when you're 21 looking back to who you are today, the same comparisons of growth will occur; then the same when you're 24 looking back at 21, 28 looking back at 24, 32, etc. etc.  At some point you're going to suddenly realize that your parents are another twenty to thirty years wiser than you, and will start to seek them out in terms of learning about their life lessons, and you'll wish you had listened to their content more when you were 18.

I am sure they have nothing but love for you and your well being.  That said, leaving home over a video game or over time to bed should not be in the cards.  When you do leave home, you want it to be for considerable life changes -- but it college, the military, your readiness in a job to step out on your own.  

Also, re finding a relationship, you're eighteen -- most straight friends you have now wont be married for another eighteen years.  You have all the time in the world; and I know it feels like you need to take every second and make the most of it now.

My advice is to sit back, relax, take it all in - both yourself and your family; learn what you can learn now, enhance what you can and take with you when you do set yourself free a situation where even if your parents disagree with you, its only a component of you they disagree with and not the holistic individual you are.

Wow. I totally understand where you are going with this. And I agree that my parents are FAR wiser than I am, by a couple decades lol

I am honestly NOT looking forward to leaving, at all. 

34 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Guys, I do believe I have an issue that I am sure most of us have probably dealt with. I am Bi, and nobody knows about it except you guys and two of my three friends. Now... My parents. Holy shit. They do not know yet, and I think it needs to stay this way.

I get that they are trying to protect me and keep me safe, but I think they are going overboard. I want decently long hair, but I cant. I have never dated a girl (or a guy now, I guess) and this is probably because I would be worried AF that my parents would have huge objections to it. And I suck at finding people IRL.

My parents are the "violent videogames cause school shootings" type of "person" and they say that my ADHD and Autism makes it worse.

Needless to say, I cannot even play TF2. I am three days less than a month from turning 18. You just read that correctly.

My door to my room is to remain open at all times, no matter what and my monitors have to be within view through the door from the staircase. Everything off at 10:00.

If my parents somehow hear that I am Bi, I imagine I would be properly screwed over.

What do?

I am the polar opposite.

>nobody knows that im bi except for ltt

>violent games cause school shootings is still true

>no adhd/autism (maybe have adhd, never got tested '-')

>can play gta v since i was 11 

>door is always closed now

>nothing off unless its 5am and its a school day

>but they do care if im bi... i would be screwed to.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Wow. I totally understand where you are going with this. And I agree that my parents are FAR wiser than I am, by a couple decades lol

I am honestly NOT looking forward to leaving, at all. 

If you don't mind me asking, what are you looking to do after graduation; as a life next-step?  college (full-time/community)? military? civilian service?  That's the likely question of importance right now.  

6 minutes ago, themctipers said:

10 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

It's really sad that people in this day and age hate us for what we are and because of that we can' t be ourselves. What ever happened to "no discrimination" why are people so scared that some one who is "different" or "against the norm" will destroy who they are and wreck the world, put the world off balance? Just because someone like others of the same gender is no reason to hate them. You don't know them. So why do you care? It just doesn't affect you!

All of us LGBT people are always at risk. *Sigh.....* 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

1 minute ago, OldFart said:

If you don't mind me asking, what are you looking to do after graduation; as a life next-step?  college (full-time/community)? military? civilian service?  That's the likely question of importance right now.  

If I play my cards right, I could very well be working as an assistant engineer at tesla in a year. Not even joking.

Just now, 8uhbbhu8 said:

It's really sad that people in this day and age hate us for what we are and because of that we can' t be ourselves. What ever happened to "no discrimination" why are people so scared that some one who is "different" or "against the norm" will destroy who they are and wreck the world, put the world off balance? Just because someone like others of the same gender is no reason to hate them. You don't know them. So why do you care? It just doesn't affect you!

All of us LGBT people are always at risk. *Sigh.....* 

and im really at risk because i use the same username for EVERYTHING.

And they do google usernames for fun..

I should change it ASAP.

(by they i mean my ""friends"")

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

and im really at risk because i use the same username for EVERYTHING.

And they do google usernames for fun..

I should change it ASAP.

(by they i mean my ""friends"")

Dude. I am worse than you. Google my username and the entire first page is all my accounts and profiles and shit

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I am the polar opposite.

>nobody knows that im bi except for ltt

>violent games cause school shootings is still true

>no adhd/autism (maybe have adhd, never got tested '-')

>can play gta v since i was 11 

>door is always closed now

>nothing off unless its 5am and its a school day

>but they do care if im bi... i would be screwed to.

My mom thinks that, and I quote, "shooting people in videogames is bad for your mental health". But then again, she watches fox news and thinks vaccines give children autism.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Just now, Vivilacqua1 said:

My mom thinks that, and I quote, "shooting people in videogames is bad for your mental health". But then again, she watches fox news and thinks vaccines give children autism

Mine doens't watch fox news as I don't think we have that in canada... But my parents never heard of that vaccines give children autism bullshit :D

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

My mom thinks that, and I quote, "shooting people in videogames is bad for your mental health". But then again, she watches fox news and thinks vaccines give children autism.

My mom refuses to let anyone microwave anything in a plastic container. She is known as "The one who must be obeyed" and my dad is known as "Darth Vader"

These are legitimately my mom and dad's contact names in my phone

Basically if my mom says something, it happens or you die.

The only reason I am even able to say on here i'm bi is cause on Christmas day this last year a very close friend came out to me as LGBT. They didn't say what they were but just me accepting them for it. Was enough to calm them down and also made me realize that I can at least talk about it semi-anonymously. Before that I was literally terrified of the world and would never talk about this stuff at all. I haven't told them yet about me but someday I will. Just don't know the right time......

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

20 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

MY advice: RESEARCH RESEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH.

Look up apartments in your area, costs of living, best practices when it comes to living on your own. Also, are you planning on going to college? If so, that's an amazing excuse to move far away from your parents.

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

If I play my cards right, I could very well be working as an assistant engineer at tesla in a year. Not even joking.

That'd be pretty interesting.

Eh I have the fortune of having a parent who is pretty tolerant so eh idk.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

The only reason I am even able to say on here i'm bi is cause on Christmas day this last year a very close friend came out to me as LGBT. They didn't say what they were but just me accepting them for it. Was enough to calm them down and also made me realize that I can at least talk about it semi-anonymously. Before that I was literally terrified of the world and would never talk about this stuff at all. I haven't told them yet about me but someday I will. Just don't know the right time......

I honestly don't care what people care about me, I could spread the word to everyone at my extremely overcrowded school tomorrow. 

But if my parents find out, shit hits the jet engine

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Dude. I am worse than you. Google my username and the entire first page is all my accounts and profiles and shit

ya, but do your friends frequently search up usernames on google..

Search up, "TheMCTipers" and "The_MC_Tipers."

Find my skype, then my ip then my aderess and shit im fucked.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, CtW said:

MY advice: RESEARCH RESEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH.

Look up apartments in your area, costs of living, best practices when it comes to living on your own. Also, are you planning on going to college? If so, that's an amazing excuse to move far away from your parents.

Its a community college within 10 minutes of our house

Not to take the thread away from @Iamdarkyoshi , but I've got my senior year coming up soon and no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life, and I've been told I should know quick smart. Hell, I don't even know what the three remaining classes I should take next year. Any knowledge you care to impart?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My mom refuses to let anyone microwave anything in a plastic container. She is known as "The one who must be obeyed" and my dad is known as "Darth Vader"

These are legitimately my mom and dad's contact names in my phone

Basically if my mom says something, it happens or you die.

Mine is, "FLIPPED THE GOD DAMN TABLE AND DIDNT SAY SORRY" and "Always drunk"

same here with my mom..

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I honestly don't care what people care about me, I could spread the word to everyone at my extremely overcrowded school tomorrow. 

But if my parents find out, shit hits the jet engine

shit you are lucky. any of my ""friends"" find out and gg rip. (already a outcast and loner)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

If that's a goal you believe you can shoot for and obtain, then go for it -- perhaps the concept of TF2 can be put aside for the concept of advancing self-trained python, go and javascript so as to enhance your viability - and show your commitment to drive to the individuals that matter at Tesla.  And if you miss the opportunity, the skillset will make you desirable elsewhere.  

if you miss the Tesla opportunity and are looking for an environment for personal growth to help you figure out your life, and help you establish a firm foothold, you may even consider military or peace corps; both environments not only are phenomenal for learning your limits and establishing good (well more in the peace corps side) for others, they both have programs that can pay the majority of your collegiate costs once your term of service is over.  

My career area is information security (programming/analytics) for a major US financial - and either program on a persons resume usually means an instant-in to the company.

1 minute ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

Not to take the thread away from @Iamdarkyoshi , but I've got my senior year coming up soon and no idea what I want to do with the rest of my life, and I've been told I should know quick smart. Hell, I don't even know what the three remaining classes I should take next year. Any knowledge you care to impart?

I'm not quite in the same boat (I'm currently a sophomore) but one way or another I do know that this year and on will be quite important.) While I'm not sure college is 100% right for me, I still think it's important to have some options on the table...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization