PC Sort Of Turning On

Corwin

So my PC was working fine yesterday but it's not turning on today. I powered it on and the power LED is on, the case fans are on, the cpu fan is on, and the gpu fans are on but that's it. Does anyone know what could be wrong? If you need more info just ask.

is your monitor off?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So my PC was working fine yesterday but it's not turning on today. I powered it on and the power LED is on, the case fans are on, the cpu fan is on, and the gpu fans are on but that's it. Does anyone know what could be wrong? If you need more info just ask.

Does it post? Does it turnes off after some time running like that?

Is there a video signal if u connect a display to the mobo's output?

If not, most likely your mobo is dead. Sorry. Also use a speaker - it helps to analyze ~99% of any issues.

Does it post? Does it turnes off after some time running like that?

Is there a video signal if u connect a display to the mobo's output?

If not, most likely your mobo is dead. Sorry. Also use a speaker - it helps to analyze ~99% of any issues.

It hasn't turned off yet running like this but there isn't a video signal from the mobo so I'm guessing you're right and it's a dead mobo. Thanks

It hasn't turned off yet running like this but there isn't a video signal from the mobo so I'm guessing you're right and it's a dead mobo. Thanks

Clear your CMOS first and see what happens.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Clear your CMOS/BIOS, remove the battery from the board to do so. Unplug the PSU from the wall, wait 20 seconds, return the battery to the socket, plugin the PSU and see if it boots.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

When you turn off do you need to hold down the button for a hard reset or does it only need a button press?

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

Clear your CMOS/BIOS, remove the battery from the board to do so. Unplug the PSU from the wall, wait 20 seconds, return the battery to the socket, plugin the PSU and see if it boots.

It's working now, I just had to turn it off and unplug the psu. thanks

It's working now, I just had to turn it off and unplug the psu. thanks

try running a memtest just in case it was a corrupted memory area

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*