Hey is there any programs that can save where your Desktop Icons are that you can load from?

Pugs501

can you explain what your trying to do in a bit more detail?

if you want to look for the stock icons just go to properties->customize->icon-> %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

can you explain what your trying to do in a bit more detail?

This is my Wallpaper/Icons

5e6499c9254a89d65ea533df23712160.png

Say I want to try a different layout but I don't want to resort or move my Icons

Is there a software that can save where they are put so I can load from it later?

Because he had a hard drive.

I think he means desktop icon placement.  Saving to various profiles with different icons located in different spots on the desktop.  Correct me if I am wrong.

5e6499c9254a89d65ea533df23712160.png

Say I want to try a different layout but I don't want to resort or move my Icons

Is there a software that can save where they are put so I can load from it later?

What program do you use to make all that so fabulous? :P

EDIT: you can also just do CTRL+A, CTRL+C, and than paste it later.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I think he means desktop icon placement.  Saving to various profiles with different icons located in different spots on the desktop.  Correct me if I am wrong.

That sound like what I'm trying to say

not that I know of

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I use this on every machine I build.

http://www.midiox.com/index.htm?http://www.midiox.com/desktoprestore.htm

After severe frustration of having my layout trashed every time I switched screen resolutions.  Sometimes other programs will switch screen size and trash your layout as well.  This program is an answer to this problem, and I thought other people might find it useful too.

TIP: Even with Desktop restore installed, does Windows seem to scramble your icons now every time you reboot, or press F5 to refresh?  If so, after you restore your icons the way you want them, manually move one icon a space or two over and then move it back.  After that Windows should remember their placement for a much longer time.

Once installed,.. rightclick,.. save desktop or save custom - you can even save as a file (for profiles)

Move an icon,.. or all of em around..however you want to,..

Rightclick,.. restore desktop.

/Mark this as best answer so people in the future can read this post at the top of your thread and find this easily.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks but I already messed up

So... get it anyway :)

It's handy.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Fences?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Welp I messed up 

791ca95f80f04372c74df5cd7c77dc59.png

Mods can you lock this thread please?

How did you get your desktop to look all fancy like that? Like ram, fancy googleicon, stuff like that

How did you get your desktop to look all fancy like that? Like ram, fancy googleicon, stuff like that

RainMeter

Desktop icons? I haven't used desktop icons in like 5 years. They seem to be as unnecessary as optical media for me nowadays.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So... get it anyway :)

It's handy.

Thankee. Lol, i have pretty much given up on managing

my desktop icons. Everything shifts around every time 

that stupid little dp to mini dp adapter spazzes out on

me, this idea never really occurred to me. 

Though i would rather have something that lets me save

a particular layout as a checkpoint. 

post-955-0-56455000-1427586698.png