Why dont you guys just buy a normal mouse and keyboard and use a xbox controller

Overkilled

Because speed and macros, that's why.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

lol troll post is troll

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Preference. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Controllers don't have the same degree of freedom with first person shooters, any half decent kb/mouse user would completely obliterate a controller user. I use a controller for certain games, racing and platformers but that's about it. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm not trolling I'd much rather have triggers and vibration and feedback over keys on a keyboard

I almost only play FPS (currently a lot of CS:GO) and good luck using a controller with that. Mouse and keyboard just feels much better as well. Also, the X1 controller is horrible in my opinion. I'd take the PS3 controller over it any day.

I'm not trolling I'd much rather have triggers and vibration and feedback over keys on a keyboard

And we would much rather have keyboard and mouse than controller

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Controllers don't have the same degree of freedom with first person shooters, any half decent kb/mouse user would completely obliterate a

controller user. I use a controller for certain games, racing and platformers but that's about it.

Really

Anyone who has used a proper xb1 or ps4 knows it's a great experience

Preference. 

i use a DS4 it macros decent. i like it for PVE FPS, but i wouldn't use it for PVP.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Why can't you just have a nice keyboard/mouse and a controller? I like both my Blackwidow and my Xbox 1 controller, they are both pretty good for the games they are meant for.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Controllers have to have aim assist, that you can't turn off on a console, you can on the PC(down to the dev), controller are just worse with some games, and controllers are better for some games. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I used a keyboard I made that cost me $50 using cherry mx black switches a logitech g602 mouse I got for free and launch wired xbox 360 controller but no way in hell would I use a controller for an fps game but some games a controller is best

Also I assume this is a troll thread but oh well may as well post in it anyways

Because I can't play properly ARMA3 with controller or any other FPS, moba, strategy game and because I have large hands and after holding controller for more than 1h my thumbs hurt so much I can barely move with them. I have MS 360 controller.

I use an Xbox controller for racing and fighting games. Keyboard and mouse does have its drawbacks. 

I use an Xbox controller for racing and fighting games. Keyboard and mouse does have its drawbacks. 

That's the beauty of the PC you can use whatever you want to control your games, even a foil dildo with a makey makey. 

I used to play a lot of console before I switched to PC, so I plug in my Xbox 360 controller for FPS games. I'm only gonna buy a mouse up to $20. ($60 if the mouse I'm looking at wasn't on sale.) I want to buy an expensive keyboard because I hate the feeling of rubber domes on keyboards. I felt mechanical ones at a store and it just felt so much better.