Whats the difference between these two mice

Overkilled

Because one is by MadCatz and the other by a fairly unknown brand.

You pay for a brand too (and the possible support that comes with it)

For the record, I dont like the RAT 9.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Because it's a rat...it's ugly and overpriced and functions less than many mice half it's price. Did you expect more?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Two totally different mice with 2 totally different sensors. 

So there is no point of any mouse over £20

that means you never had a mouse over 20 pounds

Heres a list of mice that have no accel or prediction. These are the mice you should buy.Some of them are prob under 20.

- Microsoft WMO 1.1
- Microsoft IMO 1.1
- Microsoft IME 3.0
- Zowie FK
- Zowie AM
- Zowie FK1
- Zowie EC1 CL
- Zowie EC1 eVo
- Zowie EC2 CL
- Zowie EC2 eVo
- Razer Deathadder 3G
- Razer Deathadder 3.5G
- Razer Deathadder 2013
- Razer Abyssus
- Logitech G400
- Logitech G400s
- Logitech G502
- Steelseries Kana V2
- Steelseries Rival
- Mionix Avoir 7000
- Cooler Master Storm Spawn
- Cooler master Storm Alcor
- Roccat Savu
- Roccat Kone Pure Optical
- Roccat Kone Pure Military 
- Mad Catz R.A.T. 3
- Corsair M45

So there is no point of any mouse over £20

that's not true. do some research on mice and you'll find many good mice over that price, it's all about having the features you need/want

educate yourself on:

sensor types,

DPI,

claw vs. palm grips

amount of side buttons you need.

wire/wireless/hybrid connection types.

what mouse acceleration is.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Heres a list of mice that have no accel or prediction. These are the mice you should buy. Some of them are prob under 20.

that doesn't help him if he doesn't know what that means.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Exactly and I have yet to be told why I should spend £70 on a mouse.

that doesn't help him if he doesn't know what that means.

Happy  :)

1.a Acceleration

Both distance traveled and speed with which the mouse is moved affect the distance the cross-hair on the screen moves. It occurs due to a misinterpretation of the sensor with respect to the speed. Basically, a sensor with acceleration is not able to see the same count when you move it fast and when you move it slow (for an idea of what this count is , see the CPI section).

We can use an example to illustrate what acceleration is:

-No acceleration: A person moves his mouse 5 inches slow, he turns 90 degrees in-game. He moves his mouse 5 inches fast, he turns 90 degrees in-game.

-Positive acceleration: A person moves his mouse 5 inches slow, he turns 90 degrees in game. He moves his mouse 5 inches fast, he turns 110 degrees in-game. (increased movement speed increases cursor movement, hence positive)

-Negative acceleration: A person moves his mouse 5 inches slow, he turns 90 degrees in game. He moves his mouse 5 inches fast, he turns 70 degrees in-game.  (increased movement speed decreases cursor movement, hence negative)

While not always a bad thing, most people like to have a one to one relationship between movement by the mouse and movement on the screen. However, some people like to use acceleration because it offers them some sort of built in sensitivity adjustment. For example, when acceleration is positive, it allows the user to move the mouse slow to make the cursor or crosshair move slow so that they can be accurate. At the same time, the user can move the mouse fast to do a fast 180 degree turn, as fast mouse movement results in faster cursor movement. It is easy to see how acceleration can provide a unique benefit. 

However, even for those who like to use acceleration, it is preferable to use the known and stable software acceleration available in games and within their operating system. The problem with hardware acceleration caused by the sensor in the mouse is that it can be both positive and negative, can be affected by the surface the sensor is used on, and can be unstable/inconsistent. 

Acceleration is generally more noticeable to low sensitivity players who make long sweeps at varying speeds. 

1.b Prediction

Also known as "angle snapping" and "mouse correction". The sensor removes very small movements from the tracking, ignoring small deviations from a mostly straight line. When you come close to moving in a vertical or horizontal line with the mouse, cursor-movement will be straight rather than follow your exact movement. Not everyone minds prediction , but generally most people want whatever happens on screen to mimic movement of the mouse, and prediction creates an inaccuracy in that regard.

I'm pretty sure my mouse does that prediction thing and its a standard Microsoft one

Hard to say what is an acceptable mouse per a given amount of cash spent. But stay away from wireless, and get a mouse with a good sensor. Also buy one that is tailored to your needs. i.e. I play MMO's so I use the Logitech G600. For FPS I'd use a Logitech G502.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

Exactly and I have yet to be told why I should spend £70 on a mouse.

because it fits your needs perfectly.

a good mouse will last you years.

i got a logitech m705 because i wanted a long betterylife, palm grip, with a few extra buttons, solid scroll wheel, and an optical sensor.

i use multiple monitors, so i enjoy acceleration, when i game i use a controller so it doesn't both me. all in all i spend ~50-60 USD because it's perfect for me. it's lasted 3 years and i hadn't needed to swap batteries until last month.

GUYS IF I WANNA PLAY A GAME ILL JUST CONNECT MY XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WITH A USB CABLE! It's better than a mouse anyway

Heres a list of mice that have no accel or prediction. These are the mice you should buy.Some of them are prob under 20.

snips a lot

- Mionix Avoir 7000

-

It's actually the *Avior* lol. I speak some French and you had me confused with *The Mionix "To Have"* xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

GUYS IF I WANNA PLAY A GAME ILL JUST CONNECT MY XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WITH A USB CABLE! It's better than a mouse anyway

Can you just stop spamming already? We're all different.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

*grabs popcorn* 

it's obvious you dont want to see value in a 60 USD mouse.

Not gonna try to convince you otherwise

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/