980 ti to be released in June?

jelko

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/79063/20150323/gtx-980-ti-release-date.htm

I know of the 2016 rumors because of delays.. but would it not be in Nvidias best interest to get even 1 out at the launch of AMDs 300 series?

I'm saying this because I'm waiting until then to see what the 300 series can do, how much the 980s will be at that time, and IF a 980 ti is to be revealed..

until then - I ain't got no g p u   :(

The 980Ti still seems like it's not going to release to me. The only options for it are a clock boost on the 980, or a cut down version of the Titan X. Both of which seem unlikely. 

They might not even release a ti version of the card. And if the 390X is really as beast as reports are leading on to, then I'm doubtful anyone who isnt diehard nvidia will buy a competitive card Nvidia launches besides it. Ninja'd

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

There cannot be a 980Ti

/thread

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

The 980Ti still seems like it's not going to release to me. The only options for it are a clock boost on the 980, or a cut down version of the Titan X. Both of which seem unlikely. 

Most likely a bios hacked 980 in my opinion.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I'm interested to see the impact of this hbm ram

because I was set to buy a 290x 8gb (3d modeling/rendering purposes) until I read that..

Because they haven't released cut down versions of higher end cards before? lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I think they're gonna have to so the nvidia fans can be shouting over the amd fans "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!"

If the R9 390X does what it promises I think that people will think twice before purchasing the 980 ti.

Does it promise to provide heating for your entire neighborhood? xD

Just wait until the 980ti crushes the r9 390x

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

the only way they can make a 980ti work without just being a boosted 980 is to use the gm200 architecture which is what the Titans based on.

they could in theory make a 6gb titan with lowered clockspeeds and call it a 980ti and still charge $700.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

the titan isn't exactly a cool running card.. nor is the 980!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

This TDP needs to stop. So the R9 390X will have a 300 watt TDP. The 980 at the moment has got 165 watts TDP. If the want to make a TI version they HAVE to up the TDP. If the TDP will be lets say, 250 watts, then will you reconsider? I am an nvidia fan but if the R9 will kick ass they I'll but it. I will be going underwater anyway ;)

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

This TDP needs to stop. So the R9 390X will have a 300 watt TDP. The 980 at the moment has got 165 watts TDP. If the want to make a TI version they HAVE to up the TDP. If the TDP will be lets say, 250 watts, then will you reconsider? I am an nvidia fan but if the R9 will kick ass they I'll but it. I will be going underwater anyway ;)

also what makes me laugh about this whole heat and energy usage argument.. we all spend like £1000+ on a pc.. hell a 980ti or 390x will be like £600.. I really don't think energy consumption is our biggest worry in life.. people who worry about electricity bills are obviously harder up and won't be the kind of person to think a £600 gpu is a worth while investment.

plus my 770 sits at 85c under load lol its rather toasty!!

also what makes me laugh about this whole heat and energy usage argument.. we all spend like £1000+ on a pc.. he'll a 980ti or 390x will be like £600.. I really don't think energy consumption is our biggest worry in life.. people who worry about electricity bills are obviously harder up and won't be the kind of person to think a £600 gpu is a worth while investment.

This.

That website is bullshit. :D

The consumer version of the Titan X/ GM200 chip will come with the GTX 1000 series as the GTX 1080, when the customers have been milked long enough with the Titan X.

Just like with Kepler!

who cares...

also what makes me laugh about this whole heat and energy usage argument.. we all spend like £1000+ on a pc.. hell a 980ti or 390x will be like £600.. I really don't think energy consumption is our biggest worry in life.. people who worry about electricity bills are obviously harder up and won't be the kind of person to think a £600 gpu is a worth while investment.

There's difference between power consumption and TDP. The power consumption is completeley uninteresting, but the amount of heat being kicked out ist very interesting.

who cares...

There's difference between power consumption and TDP. The power consumption is completeley uninteresting, but the amount of heat being kicked out ist very interesting.

as long as it isn't thermal throttling and or in danger of damaging itself it could sit at 120c for all I care!! lol again spending that kind of money on a gpu what's an extra £100 for a kraken plate and an AIO liquid cooler!

I'm not a fan boy of either amd or nvidia I just think people's justification and arguments against AMD cards are a little pathetic!

as long as it isn't thermal throttling and or in danger of damaging itself it could sit at 120c for all I care!! lol again spending that kind of money on a gpu what's an extra £100 for a kraken plate and an AIO liquid cooler!

I'm not a fan boy of either amd or nvidia I just think people's justification and arguments against AMD cards are a little pathetic!

And there's also a difference between temperature and heat. ;) But I'm on your page. I don't care if my card is running at 85 °C as long as it's silent and delivers the promised performance. :D

who cares...

TDP isn't calculated the same by Nvidia and AMD anyhow. Nvidia calculates TDP based on the non-boost reference base clock and average typical consumption over time. AMD calculates TDP based on 100% load running the most intensive task possible.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

the titan isn't exactly a cool running card.. nor is the 980!

Still much cooler/more efficient than most of amds cards.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

To be fair some people save money for their rigs...

This, it would have to be like a 270/270x case where the latter is more of a clock boost. I highly doubt they would cut down a Titan X for it because then it wouldn't really be a 980 but hey, I've seen weirder things.

i think that the 980Ti will not happen. atleast not with a GM204 chip.

Because the GTX980 has allready the fully unlocked GM204 chip.

So a Ti version, will not gonne make a whole lot of sense based on this chip, cause adding a higher gpu boost clock and a higher mem clock, isnt going to make a mindblowing diffrence.

I also dont see a GTX980Ti with a spec'd down GM200 chip, because then they will cut their fingers aswell.

Unless they have a bunge of miss-productions of the GM200 chips, which not work totaly well, then they can disable some modules and sell it as a GTX980Ti.