FireFox Is Back on Top For The Best Browser Award.

After a brief hiatus, Firefox 31 last year nabbed a PCMag Editors' Choice award for best browser.

We were impressed inside and out; Mozilla's under-the-hood upgrades shined through in our lab tests and we were positively smitten with the browser's stylish new layout (if you've been lured away by other browsers in recent years, Firefox is a far sexier beast than the one you may remember).

Your choice of browser is an important one. First, there's a matter of security—you don't want all your digital eggs in one basket should that basket be compromised in some way. It's just a bad idea to be too fully engrained in any one corporation's ecosystem. (Get what I'm saying, users of Microsoft Internet ExplorerApple Safari, and Google Chrome?)

And second, browsers have been at the center of our Internet lives for at least 20 years, but now they're at the center of our actual lives. As technology continues to evaporate into the cloud, the Web has been transformed from a mere repository of websites into a boundless communal OS—and your browser is your key to the kingdom.

Should you choose to do so, you could easily run your entire virtual life through your browser, never opening a native app. Some machines are even being built with this paradigm in mind.

While all browsers share certain functionality and indeed learn from one another, there are certain quirks and functions that are unique to each. And Firefox is no different. You may be familiar with the many third-party extensions and add-ons that can amplify Firefox's functionality, however there are a lot of little tricks already baked in to the software that you may not be using. Click through our slideshow to see 14 hidden Firefox functions.

14 Hidden Firefox Function (Just hit next arrow for the next tip)

http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow/story/327063/14-hidden-firefox-functions-for-browsing-like-a-boss/1

My opinion.

I like it so far! I might have found my new Default browser. 

GG firefox, i knew i stuck with you, even when others went to chrome, for a reason.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Still, I like Chrome better.

It just feels smoother to use with me.

But it's all just your opinion.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well it runs a damn sight better on dual Pentium 3s and Celeron M's than any other browser (Opera works sometimes, other times its hopeless). Plus, all of those plugins.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I would gladly switch back to firefox but I'm so used to the extensions and UI of chrome by now.. Makes me hurt every time I see how much RAM it's using, though.

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

God I love Firefox and it's plethora of options and opportunities for customization.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

Still dont like how firefox looks, that thicker top bar, and firefox button

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

In Raw performance and compatability Chrome is still better according to Peacekeeper.

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

But as most of these things it is up to preference.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Still, I like Chrome better.

It just feels smoother to use with me.

But it's all just your opinion.

here here

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

Currently my default browser in Xubuntu.  :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I would go back, but for some reason it would sometimes freeze up on me while using Netflix or YouTube. I've been forced to use chrome with the fauxbar addon because I miss Firefox's superior address bar so damn much.

i'm glad i stuck with firefox till this day, yep its still my favourite browser of all times

Firefox is the best, that cannot be argued. Chrome eats too much ram, runs like shtako and looks like it too. Hopefully they don't change too much about Firefox, otherwise...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

In Raw performance and compatability Chrome is still better according to Peacekeeper.

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

But as most of these things it is up to preference.

My Results will says other wise.

Check and see if you running the latest version of Firefox

post-103333-0-02086900-1427369759.jpg

post-103333-0-97763300-1427369772.png

My Results will says other wise.

Check and see if you running the latest version of Firefox

It also depends on your system, In a certain system Firefox may be better, But in another Chrome may be better.

Quantity over the highest score when it comes to benchmarking.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I'm still going to use chrome because there is no firefox app on iOS and chrome syncs your browser settings, bookmarks, and passwords (not that I actually remember passwords) to the cloud.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

i use firefox because has slower internet connection, and of course the extention is damn usefull

I'm using firefox on my ULR, and if it wasn't for its 12MB/sec HDD it would be lighting fast on it

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL