how to block .exe files from running?

1832vin

there is a problem, that there's a very addictive game that i downloaded, it's in a .exe file format, and it doesn't require to install anything

now, here's the problem, that game is addictive, and i haven't been able to do much work, but it's so addictive that i can't just delete it, (or rather, the next day, i just re-download the game, and unzip it, then play)

i've gone as far as blocking the site from windows, but i always go and open a proxy (to be honest, it helped me to resist from playing it for 2 weeks)

now, i've found a few articles on how to do it in the regedit of windows, but i can't find a folder named "explorer" under "policies" because there is nothing under "policies"

and the thing is, i'd probably just go back into regedit, and delete the string...

so.... anyone know how can i disable a program, and requires ALOT of effort to re-enable it?

because as far as i know it, tetris is a really really addictive game, thought i really suck at it

-snip-

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml

If you can't delete it, I suggest seeing the above.

Or you can always destroy said computer, but .exe files are at the heart of windows.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Gain some self discipline/control.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml

If you can't delete it, I suggest seeing the above.

Or you can always destroy a computer, but .exe files are at the heart of windows.

i know there's such things, but it's not that bad, it just eats up all my free time, and i want to be more productive

and it's free, and it's not causing me any problems other than, not having a life

what is this game?

Or do I not want to know

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

i know there's such things, but it's not that bad, it just eats up all my free time, and i want to be more productive

and it's free, and it's not causing me any problems other than, not having a life

That seems like a huge problem, if you can't get anything done. As Altecice said, get some self control. There is no reason you feel the physical need to play it, unless it's an addiction.

And for that matter, alcoholics often say "It's not that bad". Just delete it.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Gain some self discipline/control.

i mean i think i have good discipline, i've once decided not to touch any electronics(smart ones) for a year on a wimp, and i pulled that off

(p.s. that year, i spent lots of money on printing costs, man, i need a life)

Strange... I can quit technology with Tetris, but not Tetris itself

what is this game?

Or do I not want to know

tetris, it's addictive to me

i mean i think i have good discipline, i've once decided not to touch any electronics(smart ones) for a year on a wimp, and i pulled that off

Do you have a job or could you go to College to learn something/do something?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If you did then you wouldn't be here asking us how to block an *.exe?

tetris, it's addictive to me

I know the feeling lol

you can try blocking the websites that download it... or just practice self control

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Block the site via your router, get someone to change the router password.  And disable the reset button on the router. ;)

Ok, all try doing that!

Does anyone have a good idea of a replacement hobby?

Preferably, one that doesn't cost much...

Even if you did block it,.. your just gunna unblock it anyway..

Delete the thing or gain some self control.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz