Irrational Parents

Haha my parents understand its my money, my mam will say I shouldn't and my dad will say its his money, after Ive bought some stuff they'll always say I'm an idiot.

My parents are awesome, they give me advice and when I choose to ignore it they laugh at me instead of shouting. Maybe its cause Im 23 and considered an adult and have a job.

So I just got this new x99 stuff 2 weeks ago, almost 3. I've had this case for about 7 months. I just had my birthday party with my friends and I have enough money to buy an Air 540 or new cooler. But of course these Nazis think that just because they were very kind to buy me a new laptop that'll come in a week that they can say that I can't use my own money and that I "need to cool down." I promised my dad that if he got the laptop that I would wait until Pascal for a new graphics card. He decided to alter it so that I can't do jack shit to the PC at all for another YEAR. I can't get a new case with my own money or even add some more RAM to my laptop for $50 for 16GB. Freaking pisses me off to the extent that I don't want to even look at them. My dad expects me to get arthritis or some shit from trying to access my I/O on my narrow AF desk.

Listen to your parents. You may not believe it but they know best. Nothing is "yours" until your 18 and at that point you can do what you want if you move out. Don't be a spoiled brat be thankful for you have. My advise is to "Cool down"

How old are you? Wanna know something fun? My parents haven't paid for ANY of my phones(in the last 4 years), PC components(in the last 5 years) or laptop, I'm a college student and at that time I was still in high school :P However, if you are irresponsible with your own money, they shouldn't let you. You might be spoiling yourself a bit mate, not trying to offend you but you sound like a typical spoiled brat. Sorry.

13, take all advanced classes including math two years up, yes I am spoiled as hell, yes I can afford everything but my dad never lets me pay for any of it even though I am more than capable of using the money that I earned myself that's in the bank

Well I just got it and I want to use it for school.

So you still want to use the laptop they bought for you but you are pissed they bought it for you?

What kind of spoiled brat are you?

And what use do you think it is posting it on this forum? We arent going to go over to your house and tell your parents to give their bank accounts over to you.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Your posts make you sound like you threw a tantrum, and that you sound like a spoiled brat.

Curious, what was the job where you earned all that money yourself?

Oh I didn't throw a tantrum at all. I am just really pissed and I am smart enough to not say what I am typing in their faces. I sell things at a craft show every year and get about $500 every November from it, I even have a website.

Your parent bought you something, for my birthday I ahd to buy my mom a brand new car

Step 1. Go to Walmart, buy a prepaid visa with the money you have.

Step 2. Buy case online, or laptop ram, or add or what ever.

Step 3. Stealth fully install.

Stop 4. Tell them nothing.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Yeah OP, your parent's are Nazis. Better not side with AMD, or they might throw you in a standing call and then gas you. :P

Fuck them, it's your own money and if you earned it then you should spend it the way you want to.

So you still want to use the laptop they bought for you but you are pissed they bought it for you?

And what use do you think it is posting it on this forum? We arent going to go over to your house and tell your parents to give their bank accounts over to you.

I'm pissed that they correlate me using my money to buy a case with them buying a laptop. And take note that this is under the "Off Topic," section of the forum. The content inside the "Off Topic," section is meant to be non-tech related.

He is a kid. He needs to do as his parents say. 

I'm pissed 

Don't be. 

Thought of that but, I need to find a day when my mom isn't home and my dad is away. Also my dad would flip shit on me if he saw my PC in something besides that R4. Idk but he must be a Fractal fanboy.

You're right. But someone has to play Devils advocate.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

People vent. It may not solve the situation but it does help.

Don't be. 

Not as much pissed per say but more annoyed. I am not throwing things all over the place, I am just casually typing this. 

If someone's parents are being unreasonable then I don't think they should.

lol they will see his new case lol.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I'm pissed that they correlate me using my money to buy a case with them buying a laptop. And take note that this is under the "Off Topic," section of the forum. The content inside the "Off Topic," section is meant to be non-tech related.

I dont give a damn where you post this on this forum but sissy whining has no place on this forum regardless what topic it is. They pay for your clothes, a roof over your head, and food in your belly and everything else is optional for them. Bitch to your other spoiled friends because maybe they will understand you more than the people that inhabit this tech forum. 

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

1.) Stop whining like a little kid

2.) They probably have a practical reason for having you save the money, like a car, insurance, or school

3.) You don't need a new case to have a functional computer, heck you don't even need a case. Motherboard boxes work like a test bench.

4.) My parents barely let me buy a $500 laptop for school, let alone build a good desktop for myself (I worked two jobs my last two years of high school and got good grades). They authorized over $2k of work to be done on my first car that I paid for which was only worth 2k in the first place. The car I replaced that with had to have the engine replaced for $3200 plus I still owe like $2k on top of that. But you don't see me complaining to a bunch of random people on the internet because at least I have a functioning car, and I was able to drive back from spring break safely. 

5.) If you are actually old enough to be using vulgar language, then you should be old enough to get a real job and earn money that they can't legally touch or tell you what you can and can't do with it. 

LIFE GETS EXPENSIVE, and EVERYONE has to deal with it

Thought of that but, I need to find a day when my mom isn't home and my dad is away. Also my dad would flip shit on me if he saw my PC in something besides that R4. Idk but he must be a Fractal fanboy.

You should take it to a *cough LAN cough* when you want to upgrade it, and if you come back with a new hardware (case excluded) claim it was a gift from a pal who had some laying around.

That is after all how I managed to nab an extra 300$ of hardrives for my nas from my college fund. Of course, 300 barely put a dent in the 62k in that account.

13, take all advanced classes including math two years up, yes I am spoiled as hell, yes I can afford everything but my dad never lets me pay for any of it even though I am more than capable of using the money that I earned myself that's in the bank

Trust me, listen to them, act more mature, they might think you are spoiled as hell and won't let you get it. Also, how in the world did you make 3k on your own?

I dont give a damn where you post this on this forum but sissy whining has no place on this forum regardless what topic it is. They pay for your clothes, a roof over your head, and food in your belly and everything else is optional for them. Bitch to your other spoiled friends because maybe they will understand you more than the people that inhabit this tech forum. 

Some people just don't understand.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Not but more annoyed.

The best way to think about it, is "Everything happens for a reason" maybe it will be on sale or they will have a price drop when your parents let you. I am not trying to be pretentious, but I have over a 1M net worth, and take it from someone who knows, Spending isn't as fun as having. Maybe ask them to help you start investing?