Irrational Parents

Only a retard calls [his ] parents a retard...

Fixed, and I am very far from a retard. I take all advanced classes and I take math two years ahead. I also do not have any form of mental deficiency.

Yeah my dad travels every day for work. He travels so much that he got sent a bottle of champagne and Tiffany glasses from Delta. My mom gets really depressed from rejections and spends a lot of time on the computer typing nonstop. 

I'm sorry to hear that. I really wish I could offer you some advice, but since I've never been in your situation I can't. Try asking on the r/depression subreddit, to see if anyone is in a similar situation.

Let me repeat myself; ANY MORE BASHING, this topic will be reported.

Who are you talking to?

Only a retard calls [his ] parents a retard...

Looks like you should report this thread then @

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I don't know that they wouldn't be. Saying that someone shouldn't spend their own money doesn't seem very reasonable. You'd laugh if someone else tried to impose the same rules on you.

Also, please don't ever say words that imply that I feel highly about myself. I can't think of anything that makes me more angry. I don't see why I should get a grip of reality. It's one of the very few good things about being me. I could drag a box cutter across my face without anyone wondering why I did it. That's not something that I'd ever give up for the sake of being normal like you. :D

"That's not something that I'd ever give up for the sake of being normal like you." That single sentence revealed your age/maturity, it reveals more than you might think, you think you're a special flower don't you? This is coming from someone who's studied way too much psychology. But I'm not here to bash you and your standing and views on the world, everyone is entitled to live as they please and to their own opinion.

Back on topic: I'd laugh because I'm old enough and it would sound strange, however if I was advised that I shouldn't spend it with a better solution/ a valid argument, I wouldn't. And arguing against 13 year olds is hard, trust me. They might be trying to stop him, to show him that he should have a limit, there are plenty of parenting methods that could be at play here. We DON"T know the full story, we only see hes point of view which is one sided, anyone with half a brain would be smart enough to take a look at the situation from all possible angles. I am sure there is valid reasoning behind it. :)

Dafuq? I feel bad for people of Somalia, not a single tiny grain of what you own they have, and yet you still complain and you tend to rebuke your parents by not wanting to look at them? Tell me, what will be your reaction when your parents die? Grow the fuck up, be thankful for such good parents. Is this how you reward them? Just be thankful for having such a rig.

@GrimNeo Reported. And i was referring to people who replied earlier in the thread. 

It's going to be locked soon.

"If you're going to do something, do it to inspire others." -Skora

Let me repeat myself; ANY MORE BASHING, this topic will be reported.

Calm down there. No back seat modding, you either report or you do not report. You do not threaten.

7c35a7c435.png

Dafuq? I feel bad about people of Somalia. 

All I want to do is get a case that will fit on my desk for $125 using my own money but I cant. Also, the case that I have now on my desk makes it so that I have to access the I/O at a 90 degree angle with my hands all the time.

Calm down there. No back seat modding, you either report or you do not report. You do not threaten.

7c35a7c435.png

Funny how you're backseat moderating, over me backseat moderating. The topic has been reported, that's the end of it.

Some people here seem to think parents know it all and have seen it all.

Parents are humans too, not all knowing guru's, most of them can't raise children properly.

So yes, it's OP's own money, she he should be allowed to do what he wants with it.

Funny how you're backseat moderating, over me backseat moderating. The topic has been reported, that's the end of it.

Not backseat modding from me Only from you. I have no intention of reporting you. I will not threaten to report you. I am not dealing with you on my own. I am informing you of the CoC that you should have read.

I agree with your parents. You sound like a petulant child.

*shrug* no offense.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Reported for what? For somebody calling their parents retarded? Lol

All I want to do is get a case that will fit on my desk for $125 using my own money but I cant. Also, the case that I have now on my desk makes it so that I have to access the I/O at a 90 degree angle with my hands all the time.

I edited my post by the way.

Come on, man! They are your parents, not strange people. Try to be extremely easy on them, try to persuade them flexibly to get you the case.

@GrimNeo Reported. And i was referring to people who replied earlier in the thread. 

It's going to be locked soon.

It's fine to report a thread but it's not okay to announce it.

LinusBackSeatModdingTips

7c35a7c435.png

Agreed.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

My parents call the spare parts I have "trash" and "A waste of money". I'll show them..... Still saving for RAM for my folding rig

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I agree with your parents. You sound like a petulant child.

*shrug* no offense.

All I want is to be able to access my I/O without putting my hand at a 90 degree angle; a new case for $125 is better than wrist pains.

"That's not something that I'd ever give up for the sake of being normal like you." That single sentence revealed your age/maturity, it reveals more than you might think, you think you're a special flower don't you? This is coming from someone who's studied way too much psychology. But I'm not here to bash you and your standing and views on the world, everyone is entitled to live as they please and to their own opinion.

Back on topic: I'd laugh because I'm old enough and it would sound strange, however if I was advised that I shouldn't spend it with a better solution/ a valid argument, I wouldn't. And arguing against 13 year olds is hard, trust me. They might be trying to stop him, to show him that he should have a limit, there are plenty of parenting methods that could be at play here. We DON"T know the full story, we only see hes point of view which is one sided, anyone with half a brain would be smart enough to take a look at the situation from all possible angles. I am sure there is valid reasoning behind it. :)

I don't know what it says about my age or maturity. I don't think I'm special. I'm an abhorrent and loathsome piece of shit. I'm below and lesser to all of my peers. But I know that I'm odd, which has given me something special.

Also, I don't care what you've studied. I think a lot of people would agree with me when I say that the majority of psychologists and psychiatrists are full of shit. You don't help the people passed to you. You get them to continue living the same shitty life that drove them to the point where they wanted to die.

Reported for what? For somebody calling their parents retarded? Lol

He seems like the kind of person that goes around as the neighborhood watch and acts like they have authority because they can make a citizens arrest :P just like everybody else.

I edited my post by the way.

Come on, man! They are your parents, not strange people. Try to be extremely easy on them, try to persuade them flexibly to get you the case.

I will try. It's pretty hard though considering that my dad is only home during the weekends and my mom just works on her book all day and gets depressed all the time from rejections.

He seems like the kind of person that goes around as the neighborhood watch and acts like they have authority because they can make a citizens arrest :P just like everybody else.

Yep, he doesn't even have a rational reason to report. 

Not backseat modding from me Only from you. I have no intention of reporting you. I will not threaten to report you. I am not dealing with you on my own. I am informing you of the CoC that you should have read.

Ok. I'm aware of the CoC, however i was very angry when i posted that.

Again, this has been reported, and the moderators will take care of it.

I apologize to anyone i've inconvenienced. 

I always wanted to do a citizens arrest on those cops that break the law but I was afraid I would be shot by them lol. So many cops here break the law because they are above it. :rolleyes:

Ok. I'm aware of the CoC, however i was very angry when i posted that.

Again, this has been reported, and the moderators will take care of it.

I apologize to anyone i've inconvenienced. 

That's fair enough. I've made some pretty fucking stupid posts while angry. Just please remember to not announce that you are reporting something, or to use it as a threat. Just do it and be done.

I always wanted to do a citizens arrest on those cops that break the law but I was afraid I would be shot by them lol. So many cops here break the law because they are above it. :rolleyes:

Country?